Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Throwing Up Chewble Vitamins!

I just started back taking women's Vitacrave gummies my Dr said they were fine to take and I think they taste good.

How many do u have to take per day to reach your Vitamin limit?

try Celebrate Vitamins. taste Awesome, chewable VItes. if They ARe To Much I Break Them In Half. Good Luck!

I had the same experience with the Bariatric Advantage vitimans. My sister and husband love them. Just thinking of them make me nauseated.

Isn't it strange with so many people struggling with the BA chewable tabs that they would not do something drastic like change their formula? I took them some 11 months ago and Always threw up with them. Consistently, every single day! Celebrate capsules also caused me to throw up. This was real throwing up, not sliming. I could not take throwing up every morning so switched to tabs from Trader Joe. These did not cause me to throw up. For the last 45 months I have been taking GNC extreme athlete which has been working out really nicely for me.

I'm so glad this thread came up, since I was going to purchase the Bariatric Advantage vits. I currently use the Trader Joe's chewables and have no problem with them. Guess I'll stick with those but take them twice a day.

To the comments about eating before your Vitamin. Please don't take dairy if your vitamin has Iron in it. Iron and Calcium bind together and the iron is less absorbed. Take your iron containing Vitamins with say apple or orange juice and something else light to eat, but remember no dairy for at least an hour or two after ingesting and iron containing product.

I bought 'opurity chewable vitamins' from Unjury' date=' ate half of one today and instantly threw up. Won't be doing that again... too bad I have such a huge bottle....[/quote']

Me too....but I force myself to take them...I tried switching to Flintstone gummies...I took 3 at a time , after about 2 weeks, I felt like I was extremely tired by noon time...so I switched back to unjury and immediately I felt strength and energy...ughhh...so needless to say, I have to bare the nausea...I hurry and chew gum and the nausea eventually wears off...good luck to u...well us...lol

I am glad I saw this, the Bariatric Advantage make me instantly vomit. I had my 2 week follow up yesterday and my NUT told me to buy a liquid multi Vitamin by Country Life. Tried it for the first time this morning, instant vomiting! Thankfully I do ok with the almost all the other Vitamins from Bariatric Advantage. It is so frustrating! I am having a hard enough time getting my Proteins in throughout the day, but now I spend most of my morning to nauseous to eat ... Or drink anything!

I am glad I saw this' date=' the Bariatric Advantage make me instantly vomit. I had my 2 week follow up yesterday and my NUT told me to buy a liquid multi Vitamin by Country Life. Tried it for the first time this morning, instant vomiting! Thankfully I do ok with the almost all the other Vitamins from Bariatric Advantage. It is so frustrating! I am having a hard enough time getting my Proteins in throughout the day, but now I spend most of my morning to nauseous to eat ... Or drink anything!

[/quote']

I had the same problem with my Vitamins from Unjury...have u tried the Flintstones chewable complete...my surgeon recommended that also...I have tried them , they r delicious, but I just don't feel the same as far as energy with the chewable than I do with the bariatric ones that make me sick. I recently went back to the bariatric ones,I bite off jus a little and chew and try to remember to chew more later..it has helped, I am not nauseous with taking little bites at a time, but sometimes i forget to take more bites and I'm left with bitten off pieces of vitamins at the end of the day...ughhh...good luck!!!

Saraj- I went through the same issue with Bariatric chews and Celebrate capsules. I think it is the Iron in them that leads to rejection. The only advice I can offer is to keep looking for Vitamins that will work for you because they are so important to keep on top of when nutritious food is absent from your diet. The Trader Joe adult chews worked for me for quite a while before I switched to GNC sports vita paks and now Opti-men. You might also look into some liquid Vitamins that places like costco sell. I know you stated that you have tried a liquid Vitamin, but perhaps there is another better product that will stay down.

As for Protein goals, I do relate with how hard it is to make that 80 oz goal in the beginning when it is a struggle to eat, let alone drink. You can work up to 80 oz a day and it will get easier to meet and beat Protein goals over time.

One strategy that helped me until about 4 weeks out was to focus on drinking 2 oz of protein every hour from shot glasses (3 oz). 2 oz is not so bad over an hour and there are a good 10-12 waking hours during the day. Let us look at a conservative consumption of 2 oz x 10 hours = 20 oz. Let us assume you measure out 24 g (1 scoop) per 8 oz of Water. This means 1 oz has 3 g of protein. Multiple 20 oz by 3 g per oz and you can easily drink 60 oz protein with this approach. Better is to drink 3 oz per hour so that you are able to consume 30 oz a day or 90 grams of protein a day. 3 oz per hour is not so bad. If you do somewhere between 2-3 oz an hour, you will easily meet the minimum protein requirements of 80 g a day after practicing for a few days or even a week of graduating from 1 oz / hour to 2.5 oz an hour.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Thank you... After another attempt at a smaller dose of the liquid, with unfortunately the same nauseous results, I switched back to the chewable a from Bariatric Advantage. I have opted to break each tablet into 3-4 pieces. I am also making sure I am spacing out the Vitamins and taking them with food!

I regard to my lack of Protein, I feel like I am doing better, up between 30 and 40 gm the last few days! Day 16 and down 18lbs since surgery date!

My nurse suggestion the Vitacraves. They are Gummy and I take 2 a day. They are actually not bad at all. I haven't had a problem with them yet!

That's what making me sick.....I even went and bought chewable at GNC and they make me sick! I'm looking now for a sublingual multi vitamin! Anyone know of any? Vita shoppe and GNC don't care them! Any suggestions will help! Ty's!

Zija Moringa. If you go to FB page Moringa's Ninety Nutrients and tell them your a bariatric patient they will give you a discount. It's organic and 100% absorbable unlike other Vitamins that are 8-10% absorbed. It has every Vitamin from a-z. I no longer have to take anything but this, including the 19 meds I was on. I'm saving $70 a month on vitamins and supplements that I was taking and over $300 on prescription co-pays a month. Great deal and the best thing for us bariatric patients.

I am 1 year post op and I have been taking Wellese liquid multi Vitamin since 2 weeks after surgery. Every other chewable Vitamin made me throw up.

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST

post-31245-13813666906479_thumb.png