Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Throwing Up Chewble Vitamins!

They said something about not breaking down well. They aren't in your smaller stomach long enough to break them down

{{shudder}} Just re-reading this thread is making my jaws tingle like I wanna yak, and I haven't taken BA Vitamins for MONTHS! THat's how bad they are..... thanks, pattivalvo for the info on those and why they make us sick... I just thought I was a real wuss!

I just spent over a hundred bucks on Bariatric Advantage Calcium, and Celebrate Multivitamin. I can't stand either of them. I always take Multivitamins with milk but I can't handle celebrate cherry. Yak. Back to the drawing board, wish I would have read this thread first!

I'm 10 days postop and just started back on Vitamins. I'm taking the opurity Vitamins made by the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury ppl. No throwing up (so far) although I had to bite it into three pieces and chomp it down. My stomach is gurgling a little but that might be because I also started full liquids today and was drinking a Protein shake.

Amanda Rae

I just spent over a hundred bucks on Bariatric Advantage calcium' date=' and Celebrate multivitamin. I can't stand either of them. I always take multivitamins with milk but I can't handle celebrate cherry. Yak. Back to the drawing board, wish I would have read this thread first![/quote']

You might try TJ adult high potency chewable Vitamin or flintstone chewable Vitamin. Both BA and Celebrate made me throw up. Good success with TJ tabs after switching to them in month 3. Labs were really good at six month. Almost ready for 9 month labs in a few weeks.

I'm 10 days postop and just started back on Vitamins. I'm taking the opurity Vitamins made by the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury ppl. No throwing up (so far) although I had to bite it into three pieces and chomp it down. My stomach is gurgling a little but that might be because I also started full liquids today and was drinking a Protein shake.

Amanda Rae

Hey Amanda I have been taking those also without any problem, but they are to freaking huge so when I finish them I am going back to the Centrum chewables they are much smaller.

Hey Amanda I have been taking those also without any problem' date=' but they are to freaking huge so when I finish them I am going back to the Centrum chewables they are much smaller.[/quote']

Once I run out I may switch just due to the cost.

Amanda Rae

I also take the opurity multis - they are gargantuan! My doc said absolutely no gummies, and no Flintstones. They are actually not allowed to endorse anyone company or give samples, so I was dependent on a friend of mine for advice. I have the Wellesse liquid Calcium for now (tastes like creamsicle!) and when I'm done with that, Calcet chewables. Not sure what to do when I run out of the Opurity though. They are huge and expensive.

I also take the opurity multis - they are gargantuan! My doc said absolutely no gummies' date=' and no Flintstones. They are actually not allowed to endorse anyone company or give samples, so I was dependent on a friend of mine for advice. I have the Wellesse liquid Calcium for now (tastes like creamsicle!) and when I'm done with that, Calcet chewables. Not sure what to do when I run out of the Opurity though. They are huge and expensive.[/quote']

My Nut said that we can do the Centrum Chewables and I bought some of those from Walmart and they are less expensive than the Opurity.

My Nut said that we can do the Centrum chewables and I bought some of those from Walmart and they are less expensive than the opurity.< /p>

Do they taste OK?

Do they taste OK?

I like them better than the opurity.< /p>

Ok...so I wound up getting sick from the monster opurity multis, so I switched over to Flintstone completes with my dietician's blessing - just have to take 2. They said definitely no gummies - when I go back for my follow up I'll find out why. Liquid Wellesse Calcium plus D, liquid Wellesse B-12 until I run out of it. It was a sample that has 60 doses in it. I might buy it again - it's really not bad at all.

Ok...so I wound up getting sick from the monster opurity multis' date=' so I switched over to Flintstone completes with my dietician's blessing - just have to take 2. They said definitely no gummies - when I go back for my follow up I'll find out why. Liquid Wellesse Calcium plus D, liquid Wellesse B-12 until I run out of it. It was a sample that has 60 doses in it. I might buy it again - it's really not bad at all.[/quote']

The opurity multi makes me nauseous each time...I switched to Flintstone complete , but when I compared the Vitamin intake, I think I will crush the opurity and put it in my Water...lol

The thought of having to take chewable vitamins made my pre-sleeve stomach turn... I can't imagine having to take them on my new tiny tummy...

I have been taking the Bariatric Advantage capsules and they go down so nice and easy. The serving size is six capsules so I divide it up into three two capsule servings and take them with my meals. By taking them with meals and taking smaller doses more frequently, you are less likely to feel nauseated from them.. also the capsules are nice and small and slippery- smaller than my omeprazole capsule. A 90 day supply was $40.00 from Amazon.com

I just started back taking women's Vitacrave gummies my Dr said they were fine to take and I think they taste good.