Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Throwing Up Chewble Vitamins!

I am scared!!! of not getting enough Vitamins, because every single time i chew my two huge Bariatric Advantage Multivitamins, I throw up!! ive never do this with food or Protein Shakes, its only with the vitMins, and it happens one they have reached my stomach!!.... my doc says he never heard of this before. i am two months out and still cant chew them normally! any ideas??!

The same exact thing happens to me! I tried the Bariatric Advantage Vitamins before surgery and had no problem, but now they make me throw up. At first I was taking liquid Multivitamins from costco, but now I have switched to gummies ones.

I just finished replying to a post on this subject about 5 minutes ago. Search the words Bariatric Advantage and you'll see that you are not alone. I refused to take them, although my doctor's office wanted me to buy more (already spent about $500 on them for preop)! The night before surgery, I threw up 3 times after taking this product. Since surgery, I switched to Gummy Vitamins and have never been sick. Personally, I hate Bariatric Advantage products! I think my doctor's office forcing their patients to purchase them is not right. It seems like a money making deal for the doctor, but it shouldn't be required when it causes patients to vomit them up!

The best to you as you search for a solution.

I am scared!!! of not getting enough Vitamins, because every single time i chew my two huge Bariatric Advantage Multivitamins, I throw up!! ive never do this with food or Protein shakes, its only with the vitMins, and it happens one they have reached my stomach!!.... my doc says he never heard of this before. i am two months out and still cant chew them normally! any ideas??!

Magic Words: Bariatric Advantage

Vomit inducing wretchedness. I warn everyone I can about them. They are from the Pit of Hell. :P Sorry you missed my last warning. ;)

After surgery try childrens Vitamins such as Flinstones complete. I took two, once in the morning and once in the evening. Chew twenty times before swallowing. Next, take Vitamins with food. Ha ha, I mean yogurt.

Currently I am chewing down Trader Joes vitamins. gummy vitamins generally do not provide enough of the needed nutrients. But at this point something is better than nothing.

Keep trying until you find what works for you. Good luck!

My nurse suggestion the Vitacraves. They are Gummy and I take 2 a day. They are actually not bad at all. I haven't had a problem with them yet!

I also would recommend eating a bit of yogurt before the Vitamins. And I am pre-op but I got some samples of chewable vitamins from Celebrate and they were good! Maybe you could try theirs?

https://www.celebratevitamins.com/shop/multivitamin/multivitamin-chewables.html

Vitamins can be very hard on the stomach. It's best to take them with something else. I usually take mine with my Protein Shakes. Good luck!

Magic Words: Bariatric Advantage

Vomit inducing wretchedness. I warn everyone I can about them. They are from the Pit of Hell. :P Sorry you missed my last warning. ;)

OMG Why are they so bad?

I crush them and put them in my morning Protein shake. No problems since day 1 when I found out i couldn't chew them. I am almost a year out and my levels are perfect. It also keeps me on the Protein Shake regimen!

FYI - This happens a lot and if your dr has never seen it before I would be worried. The secretary in my surgeons office answered my question off the top of her head; IE common question.

Good Luck!

omg!! I am so glad to hear I'm not alone!!!! thank you guys!!! My doctor is super experienced, but doesnt really deal with the food and Vitamin part of this process, .... we talk to our NUT about those things, and she is aware of the Bariatric Advantage yuckiness, however i also feel like my doctors office try to push patients to buy those products, and if its not BA its not good enough.

OMG Why are they so bad?

I DON'T know!!! But to this day when I even imagine the taste, it brings up that "i wanna yak" feeling in the back of my throat! Something in them....... ?????

I got to the point where I was almost gagging just getting the bottle down out of the cabinet.

Oh my God.... I have been feeling so sick from the chewable Bariatric Advantage vitamins! I found a powdered Multivitamin at GNC and I mix it with the Protein Shake, BUT... the Protein Shakes are making me sick too!!

Yuck!! Those are just nasty! I switched to gummies. Way better. But if u really want to take te chewables, don't eat them together. Do one in AM and one PM. That helped me but then I just stopped cuz they were so gross.

I do too... even the liquid ones I was taking before are making me nauseous. I switched to VitaCraves (I think that is it) they are gummies. But I ordered VitaMist. They are sprayables. Kinda like breath spray. I hope it tastes good!