Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

once you reach goal how do you stop losing weight. i dont want to be the incredible shrinking women

That's the same question my friend asked me. LOL uhm...I think the most logical answer would be to go to your Dr./nutritionist. That's what I'll be doing lol

I would think by increasing your calories.

I would think by increasing your calories.

I thought about that too but then I also thought, wouldn't that make me gain some of the weight i lost? I'm SUPER paranoid about that.

I think there is a happy medium brawny eating too little calories and losing weight and eating too many calories and gaining weight. For each person, it will ne different so it will probably mean tracking your calories and adjusting them up or down to find your happy medium. In WW that is what they have you do but its based on their Points system which really translates into calories. Hopefully someone on maintenance will tell now they did it.

Well, what happened to me was around the time I hit a normal BMI my weight loss slowed down to about half a pound a week. I wanted to lose a bit more so I let it go on for a little while, then started adding in more dairy, the occasional sweet treat, a glass of wine now and then. My weight loss leveled off and so far, so good!

Once you have reached a size you are comfortable with, and you begin maintenance, if you are one of the people who are still readily losing weight it is a matter of increasing your calories, or maybe you don't want to go to the gym as much - the choce is yours...

It probably will not be one thing - but I have found the most sccessful people keep a mentality that they have to always work on it, keep a food log, keep exercising, keep hydrated, watch food portions but also make sure they keep eating quality, healthy foods.

If you find yourself still losing, first start by lokin gat what you eat - maybe you could increase your good fats, or get in another serving or dairy or yogurt...daily you will probably not need that many extra calories to counter your weight loss.

I always think of that Stephen King (I think) book Thinner where the fat guy can't stop losing and becomes sickly and bones.

But anywho, most people just up their calories. Most of us get in 600 - 800 range now and to be in maintenance I see people eat around 1000 - 14000 which wouldn't make anyone gain weight. To gain you have to be eating more than what your body burns in it's daily routine, for me that would be about 2600 calories.

once you reach goal how do you stop losing weight. i dont want to be the incredible shrinking women

thanks guys

You'll reach a point where losing gets difficult. Some of us are a bit smaller than we thought we'd be when it happens and some people are a bit bigger. Your body pretty well calls it quits on the weight loss when it's ready to stop losing. When you get to that point, where you're trying for a month straight to drop two pounds on the same diet you've been losing on for months, you'll see how tough it would be to keep on shrinking. :)

At that point, you can easily up your calories. You'll want to and you'll feel more "normal" at that point. So long as you go into maintenance with resolved food issues, and you continue to track your food so you know how much you can eat without a problem, you should not see more than a tiny bounce back on the scale. And the great news about having a sleeve is that if you're diligent about weighing yourself and catch a regain early on, it's very easy to take that weight right back off again with reduced calories. The sleeve doesn't lose it's restriction.

Good luck, you have nothing to worry about!

~Cheri

There is a woman in my support group who had the bypass,she tells us that to maintainher current weight,which by the way she looks awesome,she strictly adheres to 1200 calories without fail.any less she would lose more which she doesnt want to do,.