Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back From Vacation!

So, I've been MIA for the last 10 days or so because I went on a vacation. It was wonderful!

I started out by driving to Myrtle Beach, SC to see my son and his girlfriend. We had a terrific time except that my son was totally taken aback by how little I eat. Both told me that I look fantastic, which is always nice to hear! :) I hit Planet Fitness (my gym) up there 4 times and it was a blast to workout in the "same" gym, even though the layout was a little different than my home facility. For anyone who is interested, it certainly seemed that there were more tourists than "home" members in there every time I went. :)

I left SC to drive to Kentucky, to a cousin's house up there. She lives in a "holler" and her house is 10 miles back into the woods. She's surrounded by 1,000 Amish-owned acres and her nearest neighbors are all Amish families. I met the Amish family from across the street and they were as fascinated by the "Florida woman" as I was by the "Amish people". ;) Beautiful people, literally the salt of the earth and they have a symbiotic relationship with my Kentucky cousin who I was visiting. The Amish provided a good portion of the produce for our family reunion dinner, including wonderfully sweet tomatoes and corn! Yum! :)

Those family members who have seen me in the last few years spent a lot of time complimenting me on my weight loss, although I can still see every ounce that I need to lose. I kept up with everyone else, including my cousin's 20-something son and his wife, plus my cousin's three grandkids under 3 years old.

I didn't do much "exercise" while in Kentucky. No branches of my gym in their small coal-mining town, but I did a lot of walking around the property and got to dig through tons of old family pictures. It was a blast to share memories of departed family members with them all.

My scale tonight shows that I gained 3 pounds while I was on vacation, but I'm back at the gym and back on my strict plan tomorrow morning. I kept up with my Water and Protein goals while I was gone, but I indulged in biscuits and gravy one morning and I did some drinking Saturday evening with the family. I don't regret one bite or drink or one minute of the time I spent with them all! :)

So, now I'm home, laundry done, clothes put away, car cleaned out and I'm back to work in the morning. I've missed the gym, though, so I'll be there by 7 am. I'm eager to get moving again! :)

Oh, yes, two NSV's on this trip. The first is that I had the energy to drive a grand total of 30 hours without feeling sleepy. The second is that a distant cousin confessed that they have had a crush on me since I was a girl, and that they think I look better now than I did then! :)

WOW! A vacation with only 3lb gained, heaps of cool family get-togethers and an admirer at the end of it. Way to go!

So glad you had such a great time, Lissa!!!

I forgot to post the absolute best part of it all... I was SO far out in the woods that my cell phone had no service for 3 days!! I loved not having to carry it around all weekend! :)