Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am Just a SeaMonkey

I wish I could talk about 70's children's show with ya'll! I'm too old, though...I like the pictures Eileen posted!

The 70's reminds me of rock music and college!

Thanks for a fun thread!

Speaking of PBS... anyone remember clutch cargo? My brother always watched Johnny Quest. The way the cartoons were stills but the mouths moved was considered great graphics back then!

Fraggle Rock - thanks for the correct spelling :heh:

Jem & The Holograms

Family Matters

The Cosby Show

Knight Rider

Alien Nation

I am not sure if the last two were kids shows but I watched them.

Jem & The Holograms

YES!! :clap2: Jem is truly outrageous, truly, truly, truly outrageous! :biggrin1: I have seasons 1-3 on DVD. I love that show!!

I watched the Sid & Marty Krofft shows, the Bugaloos were my favorite, but I did enjoy all the shows.

I don't know if they were kid shows but I loved and watched faithfully, Wonder Woman, Spiderman, The 6 Million Dollar Man, the Bionic Woman, Buck Rogers (Gil Gerrard), and Battlestar Galacticca (sp). I also watched Justice League, which was a cartoon that had all the super heros. I also remember watching The Muppet Show. :clap2:

We watch Fraggle Rock all the time! My little girl is addicted to the DVD we found in the Walmart discount bin. She asks to watch "Tickle Rocks" at least twice a week and she kisses all the "Doozer-bugs".

And the Muppet Show, I forgot all about the Muppet Show! Jim Henson was amazing!

I love the Muppet Show but boy are they expensive on DVD. But as a kid in the 70's I did watch alot of adult shows like:

Starsky & Hutch

Kojak

Mod Squad

Carol Burnette

Streets of SanFrancisco

Happy Days

Wonder Woman

Incrediable Hulk

Barney Miller

chips

Family

Police Woman

Rhoda

Love Boat

Mork & Mindy

Odd Couple

Lavern & Shirley

BJ & The Bear

Emergency

Facts of Life

Gong Show

Jefferson's

All in the Family

Mission Impossible

Swat

Saturday Night Live

Just to name a few :rolleyes:

If you guys all love the old cartoons, like I do, you MUST get Boomarang. It is a catoon network channel and it is great. I just watched Pink Panther. Every night they have old Tom and Jerry, Space Ghost, Help! It's the hair bears, all the classics. Call the cable or satelite company and DEMAND it!!! We totally love it. ~Mandy

Here's a question: Does anyone remember a show called "Boomerang"? It was a puppet show with a woman named Marnie. I even remember snippets of the theme song... Must have been the late 70's?

One of the puppets was named Norbert. Weird memory.

My DH is convinced that they will try and bring back the Monchichi's(sp?) like they tried with strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite.

I think I must be sick to remember all this stuff...

I have an original Monchichi, my dh bought it for me when I was preggers with my dd. I had one as a child but it was destroyed in my late teens. It was the best surprise ever. He got my mom to help pick out the corect one. It is exactly like the one I had growing up. He is sitting on my dresser. My 5 year old dd loves rainbow brite and strawberry shortcake. The old ones go for a fortune on ebay. She has several of the new ones. He favorite things right now are the cupcake dolls. I had them as a kid and they too are making a comeback. Their dresses are like cupcake papers and you can flip them up and put a piece of plastic frosting on their heads so they look like a giant fake cupcake and they smell like cake (not really but the box says they do)~Mandy

Childrens programs from the 70's oh lordy that hit a nerve. I loved watching Saturday morning shows, looked forward to the new ones every September.

I remember watching Sigmund and the Sea Monster, HR PuffnStuff, Laffalimpics (sp?), Felix the Cat, Josie & the Pussy Cats, Shazam, Fat Albert, The banana Splits, The Groovy Ghoolies, Land of the Lost, Bugaloo's, Wacky Racers, Speed Racer... and so much more like on channel 13 (PBS) The Electric Company, Zoom, Mr. Rogers.

Wow what memories it brings back.

You forgot Liddsville!!!!! oh and the Gene London Show. Rocky and Bullwinkle. Super chicken. Grape Ape. The hair Bear Bunch. It was Yogi Bear's Laff-a-lympics. Speaking of channel 13---oh what was that "kids are people too" crap who was he ??? Penelope Pittstop. Quick Draw McGraw....hmmm i'll think of more!

Here's a question: Does anyone remember a show called "Boomerang"? It was a puppet show with a woman named Marnie. I even remember snippets of the theme song... Must have been the late 70's?

One of the puppets was named Norbert. Weird memory.

My DH is convinced that they will try and bring back the Monchichi's(sp?) like they tried with strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite.

I think I must be sick to remember all this stuff...

I vaguely remember Boomerang....ewww Monchichi's---nah they will never come back. Do you remember the Addams Family Cartoon!?

Bettina, almost all of those are on Bomarang network, I am telling you guys, like their slogan says : "It's all comming back to you"