Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just found your post. Nov 4 th is just around the corner. congratulations. I am so happy to hear you are with Dr. Cummins as well. My insurance requires a 3 month supervised diet before surgery so I put myself on a high Protein low fat diet the ni ght after I went to the seminar. Not only will it help me lose some weight but maybe it will cut off some waiting time before surgery. I didn't want to wait until my real consultation to start as I am eager to get the process started. I live in Ridgeland so I am hoping there will be a support group in Madison area but if not I'll be happy to go to one down town. i know its difficult for the medical staff to be in multiple places. So how is the pre-op diet working for you? Can you tell if you've lost weight? I think I can do the 2 shakes and the lean cuisine prior to surgery. That's very doable. I may alter the diet I am on now and try that one in order to get used to it. Take care and I wish you luck on the surgery. Janet

I use my fitness pal..1200 calories she was fine with that lost five lbs in two weeks..Dont stress about it.

Yes, I use my fitness pal too. I have lost 2 BMI points and she joked that if I lost anymore I wouldn't qualify for surgery! (they use your initial appointment BMI so no taksies backsies!) I had some days where i didnt follow the diet to the T but for the next 2 weeks it will be strictly what is listed-2 Protein Shakes, 1 snack of light non-fat yogurt or fruit and a lean cuisine/healthy choice meal. The shakes have to be 200 calories or less so I'm going to start halving my skim milk with Water. just cant stomach the shakes with all water and the Meal Replacement shakes can get pricey. I talked with some folks in the office and they said that you will have 2 nights in the hospital-even though to begin with they tell you it's only overnight. not sure why but i'd rather be there I think!

I just found your post. Nov 4 th is just around the corner. congratulations. I am so happy to hear you are with Dr. Cummins as well. My insurance requires a 3 month supervised diet before surgery so I put myself on a high Protein low fat diet the ni ght after I went to the seminar. Not only will it help me lose some weight but maybe it will cut off some waiting time before surgery. I didn't want to wait until my real consultation to start as I am eager to get the process started. I live in Ridgeland so I am hoping there will be a support group in Madison area but if not I'll be happy to go to one down town. i know its difficult for the medical staff to be in multiple places. So how is the pre-op diet working for you? Can you tell if you've lost weight? I think I can do the 2 shakes and the lean cuisine prior to surgery. That's very doable. I may alter the diet I am on now and try that one in order to get used to it. Take care and I wish you luck on the surgery. Janet

I went to a seminar on August 12th and got my surgery date in mid-september.

Yes' date=' I use my fitness pal too. I have lost 2 BMI points and she joked that if I lost anymore I wouldn't qualify for surgery! (they use your initial appointment BMI so no taksies backsies!) I had some days where i didnt follow the diet to the T but for the next 2 weeks it will be strictly what is listed-2 Protein shakes, 1 snack of light non-fat yogurt or fruit and a lean cuisine/healthy choice meal. The shakes have to be 200 calories or less so I'm going to start halving my skim milk with Water. just cant stomach the shakes with all Water and the meal replacement shakes can get pricey. I talked with some folks in the office and they said that you will have 2 nights in the hospital-even though to begin with they tell you it's only overnight. not sure why but i'd rather be there I think![/quote']

Yes I received that same plan and the nurse said I could just do a 1200 calorie diet two week prior or use the plan..but lose something. ..bi can't use water at all it has to be skim milk...I like the GNC lean or body by Vi!!!

Yes' date=' I use my fitness pal too. I have lost 2 BMI points and she joked that if I lost anymore I wouldn't qualify for surgery! (they use your initial appointment BMI so no taksies backsies!) I had some days where i didnt follow the diet to the T but for the next 2 weeks it will be strictly what is listed-2 Protein shakes, 1 snack of light non-fat yogurt or fruit and a lean cuisine/healthy choice meal. The shakes have to be 200 calories or less so I'm going to start halving my skim milk with Water. just cant stomach the shakes with all Water and the Meal Replacement shakes can get pricey. I talked with some folks in the office and they said that you will have 2 nights in the hospital-even though to begin with they tell you it's only overnight. not sure why but i'd rather be there I think![/quote']

Yes I received that same plan and the nurse said I could just do a 1200 calorie diet two week prior or use the plan..but lose something. ..bi can't use water at all it has to be skim milk...I like the GNC lean or body by Vi!!!

You ladies really seem to have it together. I feel so totally lost like this is all so complicated. This whole business is very over whelming. Good luck to both of you. I can't wait to hear how both of you do with the surgery. As far as being in the hospital 2 nights.... I agree with you. I would rather be at the hospital in case something goes wrong. Surely by the third day we'll know that it is all working and can go home safely.