Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Labor Day Weekend

paula

I biked on Saturday 35 miles and I biked this morning 31.2 miles...yes AND I am a dork for taking pics of me riding my bike.

riding.jpg

I could never come over to the dork side. The force is weak.

I bought a house this weekend! Woo!!!! :welldoneclap: Happy weekend for me, probably my best labour day weekend ever.

Come on Leila ~ we wanna see house pics, please?

Telly, your pics made me laugh. A 35 miles bike ride? GO Telly GO!!!

Where's all those that promised weekend pictures?? Kathy? Drew? Heather? Lovingit?

:clap2: LBT photos :clap2:

Sounds like you all had great weekends.

We left Friday morning and drove to W Va for a family reunion. It was cold and rainy all weekend. I was so happy to get home last night to the nice Carolina sky and the 80 degree temps.

Today we didn't do a whole lot...washed clothes, worked on getting the pond in the back ready to fill, washed the cars, cleaned, had a family cook out, cooked white chicken chil for lunch this week.

Now I am getting ready for bed after catching up on the LBT threads.

:welldoneclap: We didn't have any set plans, but here's what we did!

Friday night, took DS to the county fair--rode the rides, ate some not band approved food (just a smidge), then saw the demolition derby--fun night!

Saturday we tore the house apart--moved our bedroom from upstairs to downstairs in anticipation of my DH's knee surgery in November--our room is the former "toy room" and now all DS's toys are in the garage (it's temporary!).

Sunday we went to my Mom's for brunch with out of town cousins and extended family. nice to see everyone, then we bugged outta there and went back to the fair for a few hours, so DS could hang with one of his best pals. I have had quite enough of the fair!

Then home depot for new paint for the "new bedroom" which I started yesterday and finished today. It's a color called Pottery Red and is really pretty...I am happy with the result, and it doesn't look TOOOOO much like a bunch of wild monkeys did the painting!

Earlier today DH and I moved DS's furniture into our old room upstairs and now I am in the process of creating a "den" in that old room. Just shuffling stuff around all day long and I decided today we have waaaaay too much stuff. I am all about downsizing this week!

So, we didn't party, but we did Labor this weekend!

PS while in Home Depot, I fell in love.......with a beautiful washer and dryer. They are RED. I never thought I would be so excited about an appliance!

They are also MONDO expensive!

Oh well, I can dream.......

That is my weekend update!

BTW:

Telly why -in the world- do you have Silence of the Lambs for an avator?

Paula, I just felt that lately, I can't freely express myself anymore. Just a private thing.

Oh my goodness, look everyone - its Kimberlilly!!!!! Hi Kim :wave: :hug:

Its SO good to see you. Hows life?

Hey - we wanna see that RED room!

Pam, what state are you in? I noticed a jacket on hubby, and was overwhelmed with jealousy... great pics! And the one of the orange cloud - that was fascinating!

Heather, WOW! Im so glad you showed us that 'lift'. I didnt know something like that could be rented? The best one was the last - baby girl in Daddys seat :biggrin1: she's such a cutie!

Sure, I'll take some pics. With remnants of Ernesto floating through, we'll be inside and have some energy to burn. Pics of what I don't know but I'll try to keep it interesting or at least entertaining. :biggrin1:

Well I suck! LOL! :biggrin1: I didn't take a picture of anything. Me so sorry. :cry :)

The main thing I did over the weekend was clean DD's room. After a whole summer of not paying any attention we battled that hole and got it cleaned out. She had school papers and random notes all shoved under her bed. We found some clothes she thought were missing under the bed and behind her recliner. We also found socks and underwear (clean) in the box that holds her Barbie furniture. So we trashed what we could and then trashed a little bit more. Got rid of a lot of stuff...three garbage bags full! I was so happy! She put all her clothes away. I had bought her school clothes a few weeks ago but haven't let her touch it so it's been in the bag in another room. She's quite organized and I give it a week. LOL! :biggrin1:

Nah, my baby is growing up and I think she'll keep it clean. She was quite proud. :clap2: It was a mess though. I had no idea it had gotten that bad. :welldoneclap: