Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One more thing, don't get overwhelmed by the little steps that are so freaking annoying, trust me I understand, his staff really does know what it takes to get it through, good luck!

welp guys...my time is almost here! i'm super excited! not nervous yet. i have this calmness about me for some reason.

i check in to BJC South at 12:30 Wednesday, July 18, 2012.

Just got mine on 7/9 from Dr. Followell @ My New Self. Love to see other stl people on here!!!!!

Good luck prisytomboy! You will do great :) keep us updated!!!

@pkehrer ~ how is everything working out for you? give that bf a break...lol be nice! how are you feeling?

@sami ~ how are you doing? how's the journey going?

haha! I feel you, I just get so frustrated with that boy! haha and I'm getting better day by day. Had a nervous breakdown the other day cause I was so annoyed that I couldn't eat what I like, but that passed, and I'm handling it well :)

glad to hear that! good for you. i know it is a struggle because most of it is a mind thing but you're doing great so keep up the good work. i'm sure i'll be bugging you here pretty soon cuz i'll be going through the emotional ride. lol

I'm good. My first few days of recovery was tough. It happened on 7/9 and I didn't feel so good until Friday. Getting in enough liquid was tough at first. Been busy the last few days with Dr.s appts. so I'm definitely tired today. Took a nap this afternoon.

I'm now on full liquids. Nice to have thicker Soups and such. Tastes are kinda weird though....some flavors aren't as good as they used to be.

How is everyone doing? It's great to see some other STL people going through the same stuff. Just went for a short walk - trying to get it in before the heat of the day!!!!

I'M DOING GREAT!!! SURGEON AND HOSPITAL STAFF WERE VERY SURPRISED AND PROUD OF MY PROGRESS!! and seeing that i've always had problems with my digestive system i'm the most shocked of all!!!!

Surgery was wednesday 7/18 at 3:30pm, was in my room by 8:30, was sucking on ice chips (craving - btw i hate ice!) by 10:30 i was having small burps = GOOD SIGN my digestive system was working just fine....NO NAUSEA, VOMITTING, HEARTBURN, NO GAS! thursday morning i had ice chips again (still small burps), that afternoon i did the leak test (GROSS) and they said everything looked great! thursday after they started me on Clear Liquids (jell-o, beef broth, juice, iced water)...NO NAUSEA, VOMITTING, HEARTBURN, NO GAS. my only clear liquid meal was dinner! i passed gas thursday night...i was so happy. friday morning passed more gas and had my first BM - very small. my surgeon came to tell me how great i was doing and i told him he did an excellent job and how i had read horror stories and how i was so shocked as how well i was doing. he said this is how it is supposed to be and gave me a high five! he's soooo cool and down to earth. by the way he came to see me EVERY but i didn't see him on thursday because they kept me down in testing too long but he told me he had stopped by 2 times! #LOVEHIM oh the rest of the team came by every day too! ok so friday morning i had a little gas but used my heating pad took a nap and was shortly after...he started me on stage two (breakfast - cream of wheat, jell-o, juice, iced water)...NO NAUSEA, VOMITTING, HEARTBURN, NO GAS. (lunch - Tomato Soup, jell-o, juice, iced water)...AGAIN NO ISSUES...I WAS DISCHARGED FRIDAY RIGHT AFTER LUNCH!!!!!

to describe the feeling...not a lot of pain but DRAINED...felt like i had been hit by an 18 wheeler...SERIOUSLY! right after my naps i would have like 5 minutes of energy and then i'm drained again. i felt SICK while i had the catheter in but once it was removed i was totally fine...again just drained. i really didn't want to talk/text/type/nothing. here i am at 4:27am saturday morning full of energy! sipping on iced Water and Isopure (GROSS)

i certainly hope everyone else is doing ok. just wanted to check in.

soooo happy that you are doing so well!!!!!!! What great news! And you sound excited! I hope you continue to do perfectly!

thanks Aligayle!!!!

i'm super excited!

btw...that cookie has me in tears...lol too cute!

Hey all... In STL too... Sleeved by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali on 7/12. Finishing up phase 1 Clear Liquids today and moving onto full liquids tomorrow. Good luck to all!

Soo my boyfriend and I broke up last Wednesday. He just couldn't stop like inapropirately flirting with other girls. bleh. So I told him to take a hike lol. And I went out on a date yesterday with a guy from the past who I haven't seen in two years, and pretty sure he liked the -30 pound me haha couldn't keep his hands off me! So I still got it ;) I'll be okay :) How is everyone else doing??

Hey I'm from STL too. Not sleeved yet. I have completed my 90 day maint req by ins and now waiting for approval. Drs. Wagoner and Snow is who I am using. I am going on a 2 wk cruise to Europe Oct 15 and I am having a hard time deciding if I should wait til after cruise to have surgery. I don't want to be to tired or sick to enjoy. And i was looking forward to being smaller for the trip. And then theres all

The wonderful food i would miss out on. If i am able to have surgery by Aug 15 or 20 that would put me a 7-8 weeks til the cruise. Experienced sleevers- what's your thoughts??? What would u do??