Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going to Vegas, who's with me?

Rob and I have been wanting to go to vegas for a bit. We go twice a year. So we decided with things pretty flush now is the time to go lose all our money. LOL We are flexible on the plans, and wanted to know if some bandsters wanted to go and meet up with us there. PM me the dates that are good for you, and we'll do the town. Penny slots and free drinks!! Anyone in the vegas area want to meet up, or anyone wanting a trip to get away from it all?

You are going exactly where Lisa lives. She would probably just love to show you all the hot spots in Vegas :)

I'm feeling pretty flush myself right now, but didn't know money was an issue on this board. I had two horses win stake races yesterday...now that is money in the bank for sure. :confused: Maybe we have different concepts of flush....for me going to Vegas isn't Vegas unless I take along about $10,000 for fun, but then again I hate the slots and 21, so you would find me at Bally's playing the ponies which is what I do the best.....

Try the Big Kitchen at Bally's for some fantastic food...some of the best in Vegas.

Dody, can you pm me some locks so I can make a little money...i'm broke and I want to do something special for my wife.

A quick 10k would be fantastic...LOL

I said I don't go to Vegas without $10,000 at the very least because I handicap horses (that is a job). Tell me when you are going and I will try and give you some locks if you play the ponies. Need to know what track you are going to play and on what day. I supply the handicapping sheets to a lot of the major tracks and do pretty well. I didn't make $10,000 on my two horses yesterday, not with trainer fees, boarding fees, and jock fees. A lot of people don't understand how many ways that money is divided up, but yes I own and handicap horses, although I don't always play anything I don't think is a lock...but it's horseracing so who can really tell...horse may get bumped, hit the gate, throw the rider, break down...you only hope for the best.

You also don't have to leave home to bet the ponies. You can go to YouBet.com or TVG if it is allowed in your home state and bet right on line....legal...yes. It is www.youbet.com or www.tvg.com . Good luck.

Good luck in Vegas.

Ok...editing because the pretentious post got to me.

When we go to vegas we go for a good time. We take a lot of varying amounts of money. But this time this trip is for fun, at everyone's level. Lets go hang and have fun!! Maybe see a few shows.

yes vegaswildflower, I will be there, with bells on sweetness!! So you have to meet up with us!! Those who have pm'd me, I am trying to figure a ate that works for most of us. I hope I can figure a time for everyone!! Anyone still interested please PM me! the more the merrier!

try styaing at the Mandalay Bay, cus the pool is the bomb and its close to my casa !! and the House of Blues is there where I go dancing,, you want to go dancing with me people..

I for one would love to know where you go with kids. I know Vegas is not really the place for children but I want to go and my 2 will come with me. I am looking for inexpensive / entertaining and of course to meet some of my Vegas Pal Gals.

I have 2 boys ~ 5yrs and my oldest is 8, it will be the first time we go alone on a mini trip together.

Took my kids in 97 and that when I found out Vegas isn't just for adults. Lots to do there and I din't even miss gambling.

Just got back a few months ago from an extended stay there and I'm ready to go again.

Greg... You party animal :rolleyes: :huggie:

Mary... Vegas is fun with or without kids. When I was there there were kids all over the place and families having a blast! Have fun!

Jack , what did you see and do in vegas?

did you go snow sking at mt charleston, or rock climbing at red rock.. maybe you went out to the lake and took s cruise.. did you see any of the highly rated shows, or maybe enjoy the several rollar coaster and thrill rides around town?

ALOT has changed since 1980, in 25 years ..You should give it another try..

you see I know what they meant by grumpy old men.. LOL

Thanks for the insight.. and I think your right, with such a low level of versatility you wouldn’t like it. best you stay in and just watch it on TV.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches