Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is $11,200 A Good Self Pay Cost?

Anyone see Dr. Pleatman in MI? I had phone consult with him, next step is to make appt.

He's 4hrs away but around here it's $25,000.

It really depends on the market. Dallas is considered pretty cheap and I paid $12K.

That sounds pretty reasonable, here in Chicago I don't think you can get anything less that $18k.

sounds real good to me!!

$11,200 is a good price. As long as yiu are comfortable with them it could be $8000. What matters is that they are competent and caring.

I'm paying $9800 btw, mine is in Louisiana.

I too am in the Dallas area and I paid $12,000.00.

In south florida I was quoted 16,000.00 to much for my pockets!

That's why I plan going to cancun mexico to get it done for 6,000.00

that's a whapping 10,000 less. It all depends how much you can afford or willing to spend....

If you are having the surgery in the states, please get it in writing what it includes and what IT DOES NOT include. The hospital and OTHER doctors beside your surgeon usually have fees. The medication and tests as well. Sometimes 12,000 can turn into 16,000 real easy.

You need to also check the experience of the doctor. What I have found is if a doctor in the states is offering a good self-pay price, the experience is usually lacking. They can make a lot more if they bill insurance companies and usually BUT not always, the experienced doctors have plenty of business with insurance paying patients and do not have to offer deep discounts.

The other question to ask is how many SLEEVE surgeries have they performed. You will find here in the states, most doctors state they have done X-AMOUNT of weight loss surgeries because that includes lap-bands that they did 15 years ago and it sounds better than saying they have done 50 sleeves. I know several doctors in the Dallas area that this is the case.

Ask the right questions so there will be no surprises.

In south florida I was quoted 16' date='000.00 to much for my pockets!

That's why I plan going to cancun Mexico to get it done for 6,000.00

that's a whapping 10,000 less. It all depends how much you can afford or willing to spend....[/quote']

Who are you going too Laura?

If you are having the surgery in the states' date=' please get it in writing what it includes and what IT DOES NOT include. The hospital and OTHER doctors beside your surgeon usually have fees. The medication and tests as well. Sometimes 12,000 can turn into 16,000 real easy.

You need to also check the experience of the doctor. What I have found is if a doctor in the states is offering a good self-pay price, the experience is usually lacking. They can make a lot more if they bill insurance companies and usually BUT not always, the experienced doctors have plenty of business with insurance paying patients and do not have to offer deep discounts.

The other question to ask is how many SLEEVE surgeries have they performed. You will find here in the states, most doctors state they have done X-AMOUNT of weight loss surgeries because that includes lap-bands that they did 15 years ago and it sounds better than saying they have done 50 sleeves. I know several doctors in the Dallas area that this is the case.

Ask the right questions so there will be no surprises.[/quote']

Thanks!

Bariatric Solutions in the Dallas area regularly runs a special for $10,500. I still chose to go to Mexico for $5,500. It ended up costing me about 6500 total because I spent extra time there and for plane tickets.

I was told Grand Health Partners in Grand Rapids MI is 19,000. I was going to use Dr. Foote. Really nice there!

In my area, the range is $9,800 to $14,000.