Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Did You Try A Cheese Stick? Im 11 Days Post Op And Im Craving Something?

I'm 5 weeks out and on Full liquids still....you may want to speak to your doctor about that. I was craving pickles the first week and still haven't had one though.

Try a few sips of skim milk :) oh how about sugar-free vanilla pudding?

Mozorella cheese sticks are on my pureed diet list but I still haven't tried them yet - I'm almost 5 weeks out and have been on pureed for 3 weeks.

Its cause im craving something ugh!!!! Im hating having the surgery. Its friday and my Friday nights would always be fun.

Its cause im craving something ugh!!!! Im hating having the surgery. Its friday and my Friday nights would always be fun.

Yes, but that is probably part of what helped you get into bad shape. It's hard work to change habits to support a new life.

I am 9 days out and light string cheese is on my list of approved foods. I have it for one of my three meals.

String cheese and the like was on my first month list, though I'm not sure when I had it; I did have some of the babybel mini cheeses within the first couple of weeks and had some melted swiss cheese in some french onion Soup around the end of the first week, so I guess that counts.

I had a hard time with string cheese - I love the flavor, but it just didn't sit well in my stomach. Early post-op I was in favor of anything NOT sweet. Potato Soup was a big hit. I also made a Protein fluff - mix sugar free instant Jello (any flavor) with 1/2 the hot Water indicated on the box, and make up the other half with greek yogurt, mix well. Then, add a scoop of protein powder (I used vanilla) and mix well. Refrigerate until it starts to gel, then mix with a hand mixer more. It gave me something with a little more substance, but still really gentle on my healing stomach. Hang in there, you'll be back to more solid food soon, but you still have a healing staple line, and you don't want to get anything caught in it, or have something not go down well and be heaving it back up again!

I'm just a couple days over 2 weeks post op and just started puree food. I can handle the laughing cow cheeses pretty easily, and there are a lot of recipes for those things I never knew about.

I used one in a scrambled egg, with a tsp. of milk and it makes them creamy and fluffy.

Before I tried a string cheese I would try those mushy laughing cow string cheeses. They were the first foods I ate. They went down nicely. I can't eat them now, they make me naseous just thinking about them. But I LOVED them when they were the only think I could eat.

I had a hard time with string cheese - I love the flavor, but it just didn't sit well in my stomach. Early post-op I was in favor of anything NOT sweet. Potato Soup was a big hit. I also made a Protein fluff - mix sugar free instant Jello (any flavor) with 1/2 the hot Water indicated on the box, and make up the other half with greek yogurt, mix well. Then, add a scoop of Protein powder (I used vanilla) and mix well. Refrigerate until it starts to gel, then mix with a hand mixer more. It gave me something with a little more substance, but still really gentle on my healing stomach. Hang in there, you'll be back to more solid food soon, but you still have a healing staple line, and you don't want to get anything caught in it, or have something not go down well and be heaving it back up again!

I see your from WA. I'm being sleeved Aug. 1st at St. Francis in Federal Way. Nice to see someone from the NW here. I just wrote down your recipe for the Protein fluff, what a great idea. Let me know how the surgery worked for you and if you have any words of wisdom or helpful hints. Thank you so much!

Hey there! I'm a little over a year out from surgery at Evergreen in Kirkland. Recovery in the hospital was more painful than anticipated, but not bad - I just read too many breezy posts about how it didn't hurt at all and people didn't feel like they'd had surgery. NOT my experience! But it was smooth sailing - no complications, no vomiting, no food intolerances, and no stalls until the very end! I'm about 7 pounds below my surgeon's goal, about 3 pounds above my personal goal - I would have been there by now but I've been ditzing around since about March with carbs and slider foods that lead me into a full scale sugar cycle that I spend several weeks digging back out of ... rinse ... repeat.... Believe it or not, though, I do think I'm learning from the experience. I'm eating clean again, feeling great, working with a personal training, and I know I'm going to make it to goal. I'm so close!

I went from a size 22-24 to 6-8 depending on the brand. More importantly, I have the strength and energy to do whatever I want to! I hike, and run, and I started strength training last week with a personal trainer. I couldn't be happier.

My advice? Follow your surgeon's plan and don't cheat. The post-op diet can be really hard, but this is your best opportunity to make a clean break from the old habits that made you overweight. Right after surgery you can't eat hardly anything, you don't feel very well, and your life is upside down. You have to build your eating habits from the ground up. DO IT RIGHT! Honestly, the further out you are, the bigger the temptations are to eat the wrong things, and the harder it is to stick to those good habits. The more practice you get in doing it right from the starting line, the stronger you'll be when temptations build.

Commit to getting some exercise as often as you possibly can. You want to conserve the muscle you have to keep your metabolism up as you lose and make your body burn fat instead. As you get stronger and thinner, you'll be able to build on that, and with any luck you'll come out the other side being able to eat a decent number of calories in maintenance. Believe me, eventually your hunger will return, and you'll want to have room in your diet for foods that will keep you satisfied and happy.

Feel free to send me a private message if you have questions or if I can help! I've loved this journey, I love being thin, and strong, and healthy. You're going to love it too!

I had a hard time with string cheese - I love the flavor, but it just didn't sit well in my stomach. Early post-op I was in favor of anything NOT sweet. Potato Soup was a big hit. I also made a Protein fluff - mix sugar free instant Jello (any flavor) with 1/2 the hot Water indicated on the box, and make up the other half with greek yogurt, mix well. Then, add a scoop of Protein Powder (I used vanilla) and mix well. Refrigerate until it starts to gel, then mix with a hand mixer more. It gave me something with a little more substance, but still really gentle on my healing stomach. Hang in there, you'll be back to more solid food soon, but you still have a healing staple line, and you don't want to get anything caught in it, or have something not go down well and be heaving it back up again!

Thanks for this, it sounds delicious.

I started pureed foods last sunday and had 1 laughing cow wedge, and 1 mozzarella cheese stick, no issue, at day 16 I tried a piece of chicken thigh, had stomach pain for about 4 hours. rushing hurts, remember that.