Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Favorite Garage Sale Buy ~ What is it?

Yesterday I stole a 3-in-1 game center at a garage sale for $5. I thought for sure it was a mistake. It has air hockey, foosball, and basketball. The hockey pucks and the pushers are missing, but can be purchased. Everything works. The best thing about it is that it's little boy size so my boys were elated. It's now sitting in the middle of our living room. :phanvan Soon to be moved downstairs.

Last year I bought a Halloween costume at a garage sale for $5. I held unto it for the right time and then sold it on E-Bay for $40. I knew it was a big seller from the year prior.

What is your favorite garage sale purchase?

when we were in college we talked two old ladies into selling us all the furniture, including the tv and stereo, that went into our living room for 15 bucks. an ugly but comfy couch. cover slip worked great for that. a really nice blue velour chair and ottoman, two wood side tables and a matching coffee table, a tv, stereo and speakers, and a microwave cart that we used for the tv and vcr.

You clearly should be report for theft.

Would you believe I've never been to a garage sale in my life Michelle. I was meaning to go with a friend, but she got very ill and died from brain cancer a couple years ago. She loved to go and picked up some really great items. I've just never got around to going, but I'm glad you got some good stuff for the boys. I really would like a stationary bike and I hear you can pick them up at garage sales fairly cheap. I would be leaving mine behind so don't want to invest a lot in it....

Garage sales are the best when it comes to buying clothes when you are dropping in sizes.Why shop the retailers when you know you are gonna drop again. I picked up three pair of almost new brand name jeans the other day for $2 a pair,still had the cleaners tag attached. I have found items you woul'nt believe. We go almost every Sat. morn. They are very interesting and fun.:)

I got a brand new detroit red wing authentic hockey jersey for my nephew for $3 and it still had the tags on it showing it was $50.

Yesterday I stole a 3-in-1 game center at a garage sale for $5. I thought for sure it was a mistake. It has air hockey, foosball, and basketball. The hockey pucks and the pushers are missing, but can be purchased. Everything works. The best thing about it is that it's little boy size so my boys were elated. It's now sitting in the middle of our living room. :phanvan Soon to be moved downstairs.

Last year I bought a Halloween costume at a garage sale for $5. I held unto it for the right time and then sold it on E-Bay for $40. I knew it was a big seller from the year prior.

What is your favorite garage sale purchase?

You must be shopping at my garage sales!! I might as well just give the stuff away, or so my husband says! We sold a ride on 4 wheeler with a 12 volt battery for way too cheap and I am kicking myself now! I too sell halloween costumes for next to nothing, name brand kids clothes, you name it. I just want to get rid of stuff so I can go and buy more stuff!!

I hit garage sales when I have time....running a daycare, it is the best way to get new toys without spending a lot of money!

My son started getting into Thomas the train about the same time as our big city-wide rummage sale (last year). I bought a rather large box of tracks, bridges, buildings,and people - along with about 20 engines (some battery operated) and 25 other train parts for only $50.00. I considered this a steal -esp since one of the engines alone are @ $15.00 at Toys 'r us.

Tracy

My bargains are clothes - I have managed to have a full walk in closet full of bargain buys. All my furniture comes from sales. My ex is a good bargain hunter and got alot of the stuff marked down. Now I have him looking for a sectional...

I went to an elderly couples garage sale. They were probably in their late 70's and were selling everything. I spotted art work, a bin of rolled up posters, etc. I found a Edison Mazda Litho. Art was done by Maxfield Parrish and the name of the piece was called "Eygpt". Maxfield Parrish was a very well known childrens book illustrator in his day. He did a series of artwork (commercial) for Edison-Mazda ads for a Water company.

This poster dates 1920's and it's an original in perfect shape. I had it appraised at $500.00, properly framed would be worth triple that according to the appraiser.

I found a link that shows the one I have. It is the 2nd from the top, titled "Eygpt"

http://www.americanartarchives.com/parrish,m.htm

There is an ebay auction for one at about $2k, framed. It's not mine. Mine will remain in the family forever, I hope.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7407915209&category=20144

I got the poster for a whopping 50cents

I recently found a wholesaler selling Sony camera equipment for my camera, but they had the model numbers wrong. I was able to buy two camera docks w/ remote and two underwater camera enclosures for under 50 bucks shipped.

I then sold one of the camera enclosures on e-bay for 300 bucks.

Now I have a dock for my computer, and a dock for my TV with remotes and when I go away in November I will be taking some lovely underwater pictures with my new underwater camera enclosure.

I don't know if this is the right place but I have a brand new never opened Canon All In One printer/scanner/copy machine which I want to sell...cheap. Anyone interested pm me please. I would like to get $75 for it (I'll pay for shipping). Froogle has it for $90-120.

My most fun buy at a garage sale....a book I purchased for fifty cents> I came home, promptly threw it on the table, snapped a photo and listed it on ebay for $5.00. Would have been happy to get the five bucks for it.

One week later it ended for $252.50.

Seems it was a real collector's item!

Woohoo!

Otherwise, I pick up great classic looking clothes for my son and more junk to stuff in my overstuffed house!

My hubby bought a big trak from 1972 for about $5, he played with it for about 2 weeks and got bored with it. I listed it on Ebay and it sold for $175. WooHoo!! My best find was 3 young women that had been out drinking all night were having a huge sale, loads of clothes and purses, on a sunday. I went and bought some stuff as I was walking to my car it began to rain, a very cold bitter rain. I went back and asked them if they would sell me the entire lot. They said $50 and it's yours. I sold one of the D&B bags on Ebay for over $100 and I had clothes from a 22 to a 16. I am finally totally out o the clothes from that sale, and starting to need new things again. I need to hit somemore garage sales next weekend. ~Mandy