Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, so I what are some of your goal rewards? I'm working out my goal rewards. I'm a week out from surgery now, and I just bought my first one. It was a combination of my weight loss and being strong though the process. I bought myself some goodies from Sephora!

I'm thinking of writing down all these different rewards, cutting each into a strip, and putting them in a "reward jar". When I reach a goal, I get to be treated to a good reward. The jar/vase angle helps it be a surprise. Except for my end goal reward, which is going to be a day of pampering! I'm going to spend the whole day at the day spa and treat myself to a new outfit top to shoes. ;) I'm working on putting away money bit by bit to have this indulgent day.

I was never a reward with food person persay, but food was included on days that were good days. It was more like... I'm having a perfect day! I need a cupcake! It was more if I was happy I wanted to have food that I loved to add to the happiness. I've made great strides through this process so far, in breaking that train of thought, but I do believe that having these things as rewards for something that I've fought my whole life to do, are good rewards. :)

Ok.... ideas!? I know you guys have some great ones!

Goodies from Sephora, Aveda, Lush, other trendy shop I like

New perfume/cologne

Underthings from Victoria Secret

Massage

Nails done

hair color or cut

Tickets to an upcoming event/concert

a new cd/download

new shoes

new top

new pants

new skirt

new dress

working on goal rewards

MorganK

You are only one month PO and you are contributing to the sleeve board nicely

this is a wonderful idea.

great thought

kathy

I love the jar idea.

My rewards have been geared towards taking care of me pedicures, manicures, hair cuts, dye jobs, threading, new earrings are some of the ones I've done so far.

Another idea someone had given me was to put aside a set amount of money per pound and use that for new clothing budget.

MorganK

You are only one month PO and you are contributing to the sleeve board nicely

this is a wonderful idea.

great thought

kathy

Actually, I am only 1 week and 1 day post op. ;) The first 5 days were just awful, but I turned a huge corner 2 days ago and am starting to feel so much better. :)

I figure the best way to work through it all is to be positive and look forward to things as they come. Like now... I'm looking forward to next Tuesday when I will get to eat mushie food (aka flavor other than shakes) for 5 weeks.

I love the jar idea.

My rewards have been geared towards taking care of me pedicures, manicures, hair cuts, dye jobs, threading, new earrings are some of the ones I've done so far.

Another idea someone had given me was to put aside a set amount of money per pound and use that for new clothing budget.

YES! This is something I was thinking of doing as well. I am trying to figure out how much I want to work on setting aside. A friend of mine asked me that since when I hit goal I'll need a new wardrobe, and most girls don't get the oppurtunity to throw out their closet and start over how was I going to shop. It was a really good question. I'm going to TRY to shop smart, but still have fun. And for the first time let my real style shine. :)

I have done this, but I am doing it with groupons, and living social, etc..(not much of a girly girl, sorry!)

I am buying discounted "to-do's" and keeping them in a folder...

I have:

paint ball

kayacking and canoeing

imax events

wine and paint classes

paleo dig (but hubby is actually hosting that, lol)

festivals and concerts

haunted ghost tours

scuba diving classes

mud bath

1 hour 'couples' massage

flight school

hang gliging

tandem AND solo skydiving

ice skating

tattoo removal

and I have already purchased my 1 year sleeversary gift - I am running the 5K "Run for Your Lives" zombie run!!!! WOOT!

Okay, so I what are some of your goal rewards? I'm working out my goal rewards. I'm a week out from surgery now, and I just bought my first one. It was a combination of my weight loss and being strong though the process. I bought myself some goodies from Sephora!

I'm thinking of writing down all these different rewards, cutting each into a strip, and putting them in a "reward jar". When I reach a goal, I get to be treated to a good reward. The jar/vase angle helps it be a surprise. Except for my end goal reward, which is going to be a day of pampering! I'm going to spend the whole day at the day spa and treat myself to a new outfit top to shoes. ;) I'm working on putting away money bit by bit to have this indulgent day.

I was never a reward with food person persay, but food was included on days that were good days. It was more like... I'm having a perfect day! I need a cupcake! It was more if I was happy I wanted to have food that I loved to add to the happiness. I've made great strides through this process so far, in breaking that train of thought, but I do believe that having these things as rewards for something that I've fought my whole life to do, are good rewards. :)

Ok.... ideas!? I know you guys have some great ones!

Goodies from Sephora, Aveda, Lush, other trendy shop I like

New perfume/cologne

Underthings from Victoria Secret

Massage

Nails done

hair color or cut

Tickets to an upcoming event/concert

a new cd/download

new shoes

new top

new pants

new skirt

new dress

Morgan - get on the victoria's seceret list if you aren't already - about twice a year you get a free panty coupon, and more if you buy more (I buy for some friends here a bit). For the very first time EVER I will be getting the free panties for myself, rather than passing it onto a friend...my panty NSV!

I have some of the rewards listed above, but I also have tiffany necklace and teeth whitening. My smile is gonna have to match my rocking figure. Lol

I have done this, but I am doing it with groupons, and living social, etc..(not much of a girly girl, sorry!)

I have:

paint ball

kayacking and canoeing

imax events

wine and paint classes

festivals and concerts

haunted ghost tours

scuba diving classes

mud bath

1 hour 'couples' massage

flight school

hang gliging

ice skating

tattoo removal

and I have already purchased my 1 year sleeversary gift - I am running the 5K "Run for Your Lives" zombie run!!!! WOOT!

OH YEAH! THATS MY KINDA REWARD LIST!!! YOU GO GIRL!

I like the teeth whitening. Though I quit drinking cofee, I have been drinking tea which also stains and I would like my teeth whiter.

I lost 90 so far, and I haven't rewarded myself at all, I'm thinking Fright Fest would be a good start and we're talking about Disney World next year.

I like the teeth whitening. Though I quit drinking cofee, I have been drinking tea which also stains and I would like my teeth whiter.

I lost 90 so far, and I haven't rewarded myself at all, I'm thinking Fright Fest would be a good start and we're talking about Disney World next year.

Fright Fest? What is that?

I love all of these ideas!!!!

Frankly just seeing that scale go down every morning is the biggest reward I could ever ask for!

I have:

paint ball

kayacking and canoeing

imax events

wine and paint classes

festivals and concerts

haunted ghost tours

scuba diving classes

mud bath

1 hour 'couples' massage

flight school

hang gliging

ice skating

tattoo removal

OH! I love the idea of using Groupon and such for rewards! Great idea! Once I'm closer to goal, I actually have a lot of physical activity things planned, but just didn't list them as goals, since they are more life goals than weight loss rewards. I'm a hoop dancer (as in hula hoop) and this triggered a circus arts want in me. So, I'm hoping once I'm closer to my weight goal, and get some stregnth training behind me I'm going to take classes for silks and lyra (the suspended hoop).... think Cirque du Soliel. ;)

MinaT get out there and reward yourself hon!!

Oh, yeah... another goal of mine is to at least walk in the PCOS Awareness walk in Houston this year. Its a 5k and I've never done one before. :)