Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quick Questions: Mexico/vacation/pre-Diabetic

Thinmymind-if you have a moment I have a couple of questions:

(1) how was your experience with Dr. Kelly? What made you choose Dr. Kelly?

(2) how much have you lost in 30 days?

(3) when were you able to return to work/activities?

I loved loved loved Dr. Kelly and his assistant Omar. So much so, that I am planning a trip to visit him in October with the other two women I had surgery with on June 14th. I chose Dr. Kelly for many reasons, but mostly because after speaking with him, I just felt so comfortable. Some of the Drs. do not speak English and that did not make me comfortable - some people don't mind and that says nothing about them as surgeons, but personally, I felt better being able to communicate directly with the Dr.

I am 21 days out today, so I can't answer 30 day questions yet. I have lost approximately 20 pounds since my surgery which I am beyond happy with. I say approximately because I am out of town and away from my regular scale - I am using one here and although the numbers are different, I am still seeing losses every day.

I would say a week and a half to two weeks and you would be back to normal pretty much. It depends on what your normal activity is like.

My surgery was done in Tj on june 23 by dr. Ponce de leon, and let me tell you i had the best experience ever with his team...

Let me tell you a little about my self I am a diabetic person when i stared my journey i was 253 I am 5'6 and my sugar fasting at the time were between 160 to 220 (very high), and before bed time they were 190 to 250. Now 12 days after I am 230 this includes the 10 pounds i lost during the 3 day yogurt diet before surgery.....

Before going with Dr. Ponce my initial Dr. was Dr Kelly, very good surgeon don't take me wrong but after doing my research and because i am very lucky to live close to the border i was able to meet 3 different dr's in person, I met with them and ask all the question i need to ask, my biggest concern was my bs... not good enough came back and did more online research based on all the research i did and after talking to different people in Tj about the docs experience in this type of procedures i decide to go with Ponce, In Tijuana you ask any one about Dr. ponce de leon and every one know who he is.... I decide to go with him not only because of his reputation when i met him he made me feel comfortable, he knew my condition he made sure that my sugars were control before surgery and after, now my sugar fasting are 99- 111 and bedtime are 88-120 is incredible for now i am not taking any meds... take time and do your research.... best luck on your journey

Dr.Rodriguez in Juarez will let you put 2' date='500 to 3,000 down and finance the rest into affordable payments that's who I'm going through in January. A lot of people have gone to him and I have already started talking to a staff coordinator.[/quote']

I'm going to Rodriguez in Juarez hopefully n sept