Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally got out of the house for a little while. Thank God for family who will haul my butt around while I'm healing ! I went to a medical supply store and bought an abdominal binder ($20) - OMG Great Then off to the drug store to pick up the refill on pain liquid. Just made it home. Worn out but in better spirits. Only problem with the binder is trying to sit down and sitting in the recliner. But, man how it helps the pain ! It is Ridiculous that it was not prescribed at the hospital . If your dr doesn't give you one...go buy one. It is so worth so much more than I paid for it. It goes from my hips to about 4 " from my bra line. Pushes everything in and holds it. I know people mentioned it on here before but until you experience it,,,,man ~

So, guess thats my tip of the day....buy the binder !

Support group tonight. I get to get out of the house again. :) Tomorrow is the 4th so my family was scheduling around me which I hate. Finally convinced them DO NOT work around my food..I will work around yours. So, I'm 8 days out tomorrow. I can have eggs now. I think I'll make deviled eggs to take. Something I can have and still feel part of the get together. Looking forward to it.

I've been reading "back-to-amy's" page and to read someone who had the EXACT pain calms my fears. Knowing where the pain is from makes a huge difference too. Knowing they cut muscle to get to the stomach makes so much sense on why there is so much agonizing pain and not to expect overnight relief. Now , working on getting in my Protein is another story. I bought SlimFast strawberry Protein drinks today. They look huge. I remember dieting and thinking that won't fill me up and now I wish they came in a shot glass. lol I took one out and put it in the freezer. I'll be glad when I can eat fish and shrimp again. Thats the only thing I am craving is sea food. When did you start eating seafood again?

Hope everyone has a safe and painfree holiday tomorrow...post some of your recipes for the 4th. Would love some ideas for this week.

Edited by Looking Ahead

Was your surgery laparoscopic? All the pain you are having is making me nervous!

Yes it was. I don't know if its that rare for this kind of pain and complication or those who experience it just don't post alot.

Yikes, I hope you feel better soon!

I had no pain just a little sore. Hope that helps.

The only true pain I had was the first day in the hospital. After going home, i had pain from where my IV was, that last two weeks, GEESH!

They gave me a binder in the hospital, they rapped me up after surgery, I kept it till my drain was out. I wore it almost the whole time. It felt great and made me feel good.

I had no pain after surgery and still don't. (I am six weeks post op). I like the "binder" idea though... I wonder if it would help with skin problems I may have? I've started really exercising more and just thought that might help tone my stomach... thanks for sharing! :)

I went to a medical supply store and bought an abdominal binder ($20) - OMG Great ~

So, guess thats my tip of the day....buy the binder !

I wished I'd bought a binder pre-surgery. Saw one later at Walgreen's for $30. Medical supply store sounds like the way to go. I would have found it more useful than holding a small pillow to the area. I did have postsurgical pain - most intense of course the day after surgery, down significantly the second day, but a small nagging pain for about 3 weeks. The doctor said it was from his major incision by the belly button where he had to cut through a major muscle. It is gone now except a twinge once in awhile at four weeks post. I craved fish, too. One of my first mushy food days I had crab cake consistancy crab and relished every long drawn out chewed mouthful. Celtic