Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Soon Did You Try Guacamole, Salsa, Hot Cheetos, Doritos? Sorry I Just Had Surgery On Tuesday And Omg :o Im Addicted To All Of That.

awesome thanks @kamrie37 ;) and @sv2 I know what you mean but Im sorry Im addicted to food, a little wouldnt hurt :D

At the risk of sounding like a food general and a know-it-all...Please, do NOT start eating junk food! You have invested much (financially, psychologically, physically) to let yourself believe that "a little is ok". Find a healthy substitute. I don't know you from Adam, but I would hate to see you backslide, all because of a handful of chips...

did it take you a month' date=' two months, 3 ??? Thanks Im mexican american and I love spicy foods.[/quote']

I had Mexican food 2 weeks after the sleeve n the hot cause was hotter that day and my stomach burned, hurt, drank ice Water and walked around restaurant. 30 min i was fine. But i didn't eat spicy foods for about a month after that, I'm 4 months out and i love hot salsa n peppers i love my hot food and as long as peppers are cooked I'm good :-)

I love my spicy food too -- I'm at mushy food too, but just be cautious the stomach is susceptible to ulcers. Too much spicy could be harmful. I also try to crunch in a tortilla chip since I am allergic to gluten (NUT said I can have toast but this is my replacement) it works one or two chips with the refried Beans.

@italianlady13: We are all different. Some people have craving foods that they can eat moderately. Personally, I have never known an obese person that can. Most of my downfall in the past is the belief that I can "have just a little." Next thing I know, I am eating them regularly, and have gained another 20 lbs. It is like alcohol for me (never been an alcoholic, but, believe me, I can relate!) It is about willpower (I hate that word! Many skinny friends say "Oh just use your willpower and eat less, exercise more!) I knew when I embarked on this journey that there are many foods that I can't have ever again, and I mourn the loss. If I label them "addicted to," then I have to walk away, especially when they have no nutritional value. But, again, let me emphasize, that everyone is different. For me, It is a slippery slope. I CAN'T rely on willpower when it comes to food. If I could, then I wouldn't have needed WLS.

@@LilMissDiva Irene: Thank you so much! As the butt of some of these ongoing rants and raves, I appreciate a little reminder!

I'm on my way to a master's degree in applied psychology. I would like to use this toward counseling people with food addictions/eating disorders. I'm thinking of this from a psychological aspect. I don't believe that setting yourself up for perfection is psychologically healthy, nor is encouraging anyone else to. In my experience the more you tell someone not to do something they will do it (Bobby, the stove is hot don't touch...what does bobby do? He touches the stove!)

I don't think a cheeto now and again is going to kill you, especially when you take in far nastier "crud" just by breathing in deeply. I didn't tell her to eat the stuff, I reassure her that her life is not going to change unless she wants to make that change. It is all up to us, what we want to do, how we want to manage. The first few months are the toughest, most challenging time both physiologically and psychologically, the worst thing to tell someone is that they can't do this or they can't do that and they should eat this or they shouldn't eat that. The most important aspect of this surgery is to have a healthy attitude toward food. I agree that taking in good things is very important from a healthy perspective; however you also have to allow room for being human, making mistakes, having a treat now and then and not beating the hell out of yourself for doing so. Food is not our enemy; it can be our friend if we allow it to be. So, instead of lecturing people on chemicals and garbage and what not it's better to encourage people with positivity (not empty positivity) but actual positivity to where they are able to be in a positive frame of mind, therefore when they become emotional food is no longer their go to, which is where the problem stems, not eating a few cheetos once a month. However, thanks for your feedback it was enlightening.

Not eating Cheetos is perfection? My favorite weight loss blogger suggests that former carb junkies don't even eat crackers or Pasta. She uses cucumbers and shredded zucchini respectively. I don't go that far, but I don't get all offended when she says that it probably better to stay away from refined flour let alone junk food. There is something to be said of discipline and I sure was lacking in it.

Psychologists crack me up.

It's better to encourage people with positivity? Okay. I'm positive that Hot Cheetos are crap. Eat it or don't.

Maybe Bobby should have learned his lesson from the first time he touched the stove. Reading the World according to Italianlady was enlightening too. I'm Sicilian BTW. LOL!

Lots of different types and styles of psychologists! Not all offer the unconditional positive regard... I like reality therapy pioneer Glasser, his style can best be summed up by the immortal Dr Phil quote "and how's that working for ya?"

Even though I am at least 3 months from surgery and still don't know for sure if I can even have it done, I am on a post-op diet already. Why put off the inevitable. I am staying away from the "dangerous" food and eating only the healthy stuff. I am "addicted" to food that isn't good for me. Like any other addict, even a little bit of the wrong food would likely get me started on junk food so I avoid it completely. Do I crave those foods? Most definitely. But I know myself only too well so just don't eat it at all.