Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Soon Did You Try Guacamole, Salsa, Hot Cheetos, Doritos? Sorry I Just Had Surgery On Tuesday And Omg :o Im Addicted To All Of That.

did it take you a month, two months, 3 ??? Thanks Im mexican american and I love spicy foods.

I was sleeved on the 12th. I just reached the pureed stage last week. The only thing I have had is Tapitio and the juice from Salsa w/ my refried Beans. But I did buy some guacamole to eat; I haven't had it yet though.

did it take you a month' date=' two months, 3 ??? Thanks Im mexican american and I love spicy foods.[/quote']

Spicy food is one thing, but stay away from Doritos and Cheetos.

There is no good reason to go through what you have gone through just to eat that stuff again.

Keep your eye on the prize.

The Tapitio was fine. I put it in my chicken broth and it tasted really good! Today, my hubby and I took a trip to the mountains to go for a walk around the lake. I was starving after my walk and it was lunchtime so we went to Taco Bell. I got a side of refried Beans. I asked for 2 packets of sauce and squirted that on it and ate up. My tummy didn't protest. :)

awesome thanks @kamrie37 ;) and @sv2 I know what you mean but Im sorry Im addicted to food, a little wouldnt hurt :D

Why would you eat dorritos and cheetos they do not have any Protein that is what you need the most don't go back to old eating habits. People think just because you can only eat a little it is ok. You need to change your mindset about food or you want to be successful

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

I have had spicy mustard in won ton Soup broth while I was 2 weeks post-op & was fine, in fact it tasted great. I waited until I was in my 3rd week to have refried Beans & spicy guacamole. No problems & I loved it.

I had guac and salsa in my puree stage. I eat them often now to spice up food. I would advise to stay away from the junk though. Yes "a little" won't hurt. But then you say you are addicted to them. You are not going to eat a little.

Sort out your food addictions so you don't harm yourself like some on here have.

I had guac and salsa in my puree stage. I eat them often now to spice up food. I would advise to stay away from the junk though. Yes "a little" won't hurt. But then you say you are addicted to them. You are not going to eat a little.

Sort out your food addictions so you don't harm yourself like some on here have.

I have guac all this past week, but it doesn't taste as good as it use to before my surgery....I want coffee, when can we start to have that??? What else did anyone eat in week three to make it a bit more appealing. I have had a bit of heart burn the past week, but as long as I take my meds I'm alright. So if anyone knows when I can have coffee? ? Just a bit, tiny bit, that's all I want....

I am one month out today and I had chipotle guac on Saturday (while everyone else ate their steak bowls!) I was only able to eat a quarter of the container. It satisfied my craving and went down easy!

Did you eat anything else besides the guacamole in the bowl? I'm 4 weeks today and just curios.

Below in blue. I am 13 weeks out.

did it take you a month, two months, 3 ??? Thanks Im mexican american and I love spicy foods.

Guacamole Smooth guacamole is a mushy and I could eat it around 2 weeks out, but only a tsp or two at a time. I can eat chunky guacamole now as desired, but it's very filling.

Salsa I didn't do tomatoes until about 4 or 5 weeks due to the acid content. I think I first had salsa about 2 weeks ago.

Hot Cheetos I don't eat these

Doritos I don't eat these

I really enjoy hot/spicy foods as well. I tried hot/sour Soup in my (I think) 3rd week. I buy standard hot/sour from the restaurant, then bring it home and add Sriracha, pepper flakes, and vinegar. Spicy itself never bothered my sleeve, but acidic foods did & continue to (heartburn that night).

Oh, I was also having refried black Beans with hot sauce during mushies. If you're craving spicy, that's a good fix. I also dipped some deli turkey into wing sauce as soon as I could have deli meats, which IIRC was around week 4.

Did you eat anything else besides the guacamole in the bowl? I'm 4 weeks today and just curios.

I only got guacamole! Everyone else got a bowl. I did try some of the steak and a few Beans. I don't think there was anyway I could eat any of that right now. Hopefully in a few more months!