Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Antidepressants After Surgery

Im on/was on Welbutrin 300 mg a day up till Surgery This past Monday. They called on three 100 mg coated tablets to cruah 3 tumes a day. Ive been able to stomach one sine ive been home. Anyone know of a liquid antidepressant comparable to Welbutrin?

No, but it is an intresting idea.

I added this note from my phone...it didn't show all these typos till I got on my computer...weird!

I don't, but I suggest mixing your crushed medicines with food. I used pudding, which my doctor considers a liquid.

I was on lamictil and effector and no matter how many times I tried I threw them up. Dr called in liquid Prozac same thing so I have taken zero Meds since my surgery may 15

I am wondering about this too. I take wellbutrin and prozac in low doses for Migraine headaches. I have tried to go off, but my headaches return 10 fold. I may try switching to just prozac because it comes in a liquid. I used to take anti seizure drugs, but they didn't quite agree with me. The last thing I want to do during this is battle one of those headaches.

I've only had that one 100mg doge...a third of my daily dose this week. Which may explain all the emotional trauma I feel I went through this past week. Today is somewhat better . I have a Post Op surgery appt on Monday. I will probably ask about liquid Prozax just to get me past this. I would love to be off all of it all together.

I was on prestiq, same thing, I vomited every time. They called me in lexapro, its tiny and can be swallowed whole. Life saver!!!

I went a week without my prestiq too and I was miserable. I'm so thankful my Dr called in the lexapro.

I was on prestiq' date=' same thing, I vomited every time. They called me in lexapro, its tiny and can be swallowed whole. Life saver!!![/quote']

Can u take prestiq normally now? I am on 100mg dose and I am 6 days pre op and was wondering if it will affect me at all being a time release tablet.

I can probably take it normal now, I haven't switched back as of yet. My Dr. Prescribed me 3 months of lexapro. The time release crushed is horrifying, it made my heart race, sweat, and I was so sick. I would definitely consult with your surgeon on what to take, but don't go without. I went without and was doing really bad..as soon as I started back on an anti depressant I was good.

I been on antidepressant for years and since I get sick on the meds. I stopped taking and I wasn't suppose to but a lot of antidepressant have potential for weight gain so . I been fine I think my husband may say different lol

Worried about this also. I take Effexor which is known to be one of the hardest anti- depressants to come off of. If I am even 2-3 hours late in taking it (usually on wkend when schedule is different than work) I feel it big time!! It's not a capsule, so not sure about how it would be to crush it.

I don't think I would be able to go a day much less dayS with out it. I plan on getting off of it in the next couple of years, but I don't think now would be a good time to try.

This is probably my biggest fear...

Right after surgery is definitely not the time. I have taken celexa and zoloft, those were two of the *easier* ones to come off of but effexor and pristiq and those time released ones are hard to come off... Just switch for the time you need to heal and take a substitute then u can go back. As for the weight gain I haven't had any problems, I do know going off it caused me a lot of problems. IMO I think its best to stay on them.