Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Saying Hello. My First Post And My Journey.

Hello all! I have been a member for a couple of months but have been a little shy about posting. I was sleeved April 19, 2012. I went to a free seminar that the surgeon had back in July of 2011. After much prayer and thought I decided to go through with the surgery. I had to do a 6 month supervised diet and at the time I was annoyed at the fact that I had to wait. Now that I am post op I am so glad that I had the 6 months to prepare. I think that if I hadn't had the 6 months I would be completely lost now.

The day finally came for surgery. I wasn't nervous at all. My post op course has been uneventful. I have been truly blessed. The worst part for me was the first week and the 2 day stay in the hospital. The only thing that bothered me about the hospital is the On-Q pump was in the way and I did not like the effects of the anesthesia. The first week I was home was a little trying because I had a lot of head hunger and couldn't sleep.

Now at 10 weeks out I feel back to normal (with the exception of not eating a ton and people bugging me about how much weight I have lost). I seriously feel like that I have not had anything done. I am not the faster loser and I have been fighting within not to compare myself to others. I understand that everyone is different.

For all the pre-op people I pray that you have an amazing journey and are complication free. For all of the post-op people I pray that this journey will be the biggest gift you could have done for yourself and for strength to keep up with this lifestyle change.

Love your post. I'm still patiently waiting for my surgery date.

Thank you so much for your story. I am having surgery on Tuesday and feel at peace with it all. I am sure I will get a little nervous once I am there and ready to go. Thank you so much for your prayers for us pre-oppers. My biggest fear is to have complications or not heal properly. I pray that I go through it all as smoothly as you did. Stay in touch with us all! :)

Thanks for sharing your story! And all the best in your journey!! :)

been a little shy about posting.

;;;

leslieivers

Ahh Ha

i thought that was you lurking around the Water cooler ;)

glad you had a good recovery

as you said we are all different, and lose weight at our own pace. never compare your weight loss with another persons weight loss

being 10 weeks post op - you sound great with things going the right way.

BTW - post more often, we don't bite (for the most part) ;)

congrats on being sleeved

continued success

kathy

:)

Best of luck to you as you continue to lose-- I love reading posts like this (I won't be sleeved until November). You're an inspiration! :)

Hello all! I have been a member for a couple of months but have been a little shy about posting. I was sleeved April 19' date=' 2012. I went to a free seminar that the surgeon had back in July of 2011. After much prayer and thought I decided to go through with the surgery. I had to do a 6 month supervised diet and at the time I was annoyed at the fact that I had to wait. Now that I am post op I am so glad that I had the 6 months to prepare. I think that if I hadn't had the 6 months I would be completely lost now.

The day finally came for surgery. I wasn't nervous at all. My post op course has been uneventful. I have been truly blessed. The worst part for me was the first week and the 2 day stay in the hospital. The only thing that bothered me about the hospital is the On-Q pump was in the way and I did not like the effects of the anesthesia. The first week I was home was a little trying because I had a lot of head hunger and couldn't sleep.

Now at 10 weeks out I feel back to normal (with the exception of not eating a ton and people bugging me about how much weight I have lost). I seriously feel like that I have not had anything done. I am not the faster loser and I have been fighting within not to compare myself to others. I understand that everyone is different.

For all the pre-op people I pray that you have an amazing journey and are complication free. For all of the post-op people I pray that this journey will be the biggest gift you could have done for yourself and for strength to keep up with this lifestyle change.[/quote']

Thank you for sharing this! Because of staffing issues (and of course finances) I am not having my surgery until (hopefully) first thing in the new year, and I am finding it hard to wait! Now that I have decided to go ahead with it, I want to do it now! But you are so right, I will take this time to learn all I can, get in the best physical condition I can, and work on lifestyle changes. Hopefully it will go as smoothly for me as it sounds like it has for you - I am so happy for you! You go, girl!

Keep on slimming!!!!