Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I was sleeved on June 15. I just started "full liquids" this Tuesday. Now I didn't seem confused about the post-op diet when they went over it with me in the hospital, but now I am! I know they gave us a specific list, or meal plan rather, but I thought it was more just a guide for the types of food we should be eating. So I'm curious, at day 21 post-op can we start having really mushy tuna salad, refried Beans w/ cheese, noodless-lasagna etc?? Like mushy food? I know it says Soups with the chunks in it and watermelon, shouldn't these other things be ok? I'm not getting enough calories/ Protein on just soup! Please let me know how you all are going about it. Also at day 40 post-op do we start solids?

Have you contacted Trish? Just wondering about aftercare

I justs used it as a guideline, I experimented a bit, at 21 days I could eat most any soft foods in very small amounts. you are not going to be able to get anywhere near the nourishment you need from just food yet. I could only handle about 2oz of straight protien at a time.

I started eating most solids at about 3-4 weeks. I don't do much of anything really hard mostly because everything I find really hard is not good for me.

Have you contacted Trish? Just wondering about aftercare

I have contacted her for a bunch of things actually (I had a few complications right when I returned home), and she was great! :) I just thought I would see what other patients are doing because even as direct as the post-op menu is its still kinda vague lol

Based on the list that i received from DR. Ponce.... at 21 days we can start eating tuna salad, egg salad, more Soups but now we can add salty crackers, yogurt, fruit such as pear, watermelon, melon.... It also says that we can start eating chicken...

... I ask about (lettuce) and he said that he recommends to wait at least 30 days....

I hope this helps..

Hi you are welcome to look at my food journal on myfitnesspal i was sleeved on may 3rd by Dr. Ponce and i just used his as a guide.. I definetly had help from unjury to make sure i was getting in my Protein. Hope everything is going well for you now..Take care!!

Holly

Hi you are welcome to look at my food journal on myfitnesspal i was sleeved on may 3rd by Dr. Ponce and i just used his as a guide.. I definetly had help from unjury to make sure i was getting in my Protein. Hope everything is going well for you now..Take care!!

Holly

What is your username for my fitness pal? :) I would love to look!

holpak

i think i got better about mfp after the first two weeks.. otherwise my food journal was pretty boring :-)

IF you look in my food diary i started keeping track on may 23rd.. i was 20 days out.. best of luck and you can message me anytime you have any questions!! :-)

Dr Ponce's diet sort of sucks. Way too much sugar in the fruit and juices and not enough Protein. I followed his stages ( basically you are free to pretty much try anything after day 30 if I remember right) in terms of puree and soft etc. But didn't follow the guide in terms of what to eat.

Dr Ponce's diet sort of sucks. Way too much sugar in the fruit and juices and not enough Protein. I followed his stages ( basically you are free to pretty much try anything after day 30 if I remember right) in terms of puree and soft etc. But didn't follow the guide in terms of what to eat.

I can't say I disagree, I would recomend that anybody having surgery in Mexico get a NUT close to home that is familiar with WLS & the bodies needs afterward. I am a Ponce patient & I am very happy with my results, but I pretty much have created my own diet plan using his diet sheets as a guide and experimenting with other things. I was very concerned about protien because I was a wrestler earlier in life & I wanted to preserve as much muscle mass as I could

I have to agree that the post surgery diet information was pretty lacking for me. I was sleeved by Dr Kelly and Trish was my coordinator. I googled post sleeve diet and found a few great guides from some US bariatric centers.