Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wondering if a little bit of nonfat frozen yogurt is ok to have. I know there's a place I went to that had nonfat no sugar added frozen yogurt that was outstanding. Only had about 3 oz. Anyone else out there?

I work next door to a Yogurtini and I have it sometimes. It's a great tasting treat and it's better than ice cream. Theworldaccordingtoeggface has some great Protein ice cream recipes. I just got a frozen yougurt maker so I'm going to try some of them.

Yes- I have it as a treat occationally. Maybe once or twice a month.

I try to stick to the non-fat, no sugar kinds... like watermellon sorbet. But if they have almond or postashio flavored froyo... im gonna cave and have some!

As always... I offset my "treat" with some good ole workin out the next day.

Oh, yeah, I eat frozen yogurt from Red Mango almost every day--as a meal substitute. They have nonfat yogurt (I don't worry too much about the sugar, but that's just me) and slivered almonds. It's delicious and a great way to get some Calcium and a touch of Protein in yummy form. I end up eating around 250 calories of this when I have it--small amounts, please!! Ask the counter staff for a smaller or child-size container--those regular "bowls" really encourage over eating and supersizing. You can also get your yogurt in a coffee-size cup if you ask for one; they may look at you strangely at first; the staff at Red Mango just hand me the appropriate cup when I walk in now. :-)

If it regular frozen yogurt I would have to say nay, I would be afraid it would mess up my tummy...

Have you tried Skinny Cow? Not frozen yogurt but good. Comes in a much more proportionate size.

Try mushing up some Jello, and a frozen fruit bar - kinda chunky, and you can do it with popcicles too. Put it into a freezer bag, push the air out, and let it freeze...and then dump it into a blender and pulse it for about 30 seconds...chop some ice in the blender first and let it sit, and toss that (it tempers your blender so your creation does not melt immediately - pour into an also tempered glass mug or such...it make a kinda gelatto thingy, very nice in my opinion.

Oh yes, we have a Big Spoon yogurt shop in town, go there sometimes and have a small amount like you with some of the fresh fruit choices they have...yummy!

It was on my postoperative food list. sugar free nonfat. I am on day 14. You could add a scoop to some powder and make a yummy shake.< /p>

I know that we should be eating sf stuff now, but I've been getting concerned about the artificial sweetners in them now. I'm thinking that maybe have something with a little more natural sugar might be alot better. So I am starting to look at whole foods with no additional additives. The less ingredients the better. However, I do eat yogurt, frozen, one in a while. :)

I have the TCBY frozen yogurt every once in a while. I get the nonfat no sugar added kind usually and sometimes I get the white chocolate mousse 96% fat free BUT it does have 17G of sugar for a serving so I just get one serving of it. I like to go there on 99cent waffle cone wednesdays. I just eat the yogurt and throw out the waffle cone.

I just learned how to make ice cream from only bananas. It's a great way to use overripe bananas. Peel and slice bananas into 1 inch chunks. Freeze at least a couple of hours. Toss into a food chopper and process until they turn to a soft serve consistency. You may have to stop and scrape down the sides a couple of times.

Here's a great link with pics: http://www.thekitchn.com/stepbystep-instructions-for-on-97170

Of course, I'm a year out now and have more room for foods besides just Protein.

Lynda