Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved This Past Monday-Home Terrified Today

I was sleeved on this past MOnday the 25th. I came home yesterday in alot of pain. Made it through the night. Honestly, I was almost suprised to wake up. This morning, I feel like I knave NO idea what to do. Like I just fell on my butt and am just lost with everything circuling around in my mind. Is this normal? I don't want to eat. When I try to drink it doesn't even get down my throught before my esophogus spasms. Like a nervous tightness. My drain is gross ( I can deal with that) and I take my liquid pain Lortab every 2 hours (1/2 dose) instead of waiting 4 for the full dose.

My husband is not here for me...to be honest, I think he is cheating again. It just hit me in the hospital yesterday as we were waiting for discharge papers....the same I hate you look in his eye that was there when he did it before and we divorced the first time. Please don't lecture on that..I already know. I feel like I'm having a mental breakdown. Is this normal? Im looking at the world in a WHOLE different view. From who came to see me at the hospital, to how they acted to where do I go from here and did I do this really horrific thing to myself that is just a path to me dying. I don't want to sound like a freak, I just need to know this is normal and it will pass. When can I eat even a little bit again and not be nauseous? Will I be normal again? If so, what is normal? When does the pain stop? How can I change how I look at the world right now? Because my view is grim. Is this the pain meds? Im on welburtin but I have to crush it and haven't had it since Sunday. That was for depression. Any steps or ideas to get me out of this funk? Please help!

I would definetly make an appt with your Doctor, you need to talk to someone. I dont think you should be having as many issues as you are. Sure, everyone is different and handles surgeries different but if you take wellbutrin and havent taken it in a week, that could be part of the problem. Pleas call and get in to the doc, you can do this with some help. Best of luck to you.

OMG. I think you just need to calm down and relax. I haven't had the surgery yet so idk about the pain your experiencing. But, you definitely need to relax and just think about recovering from the surgery. Don't worry about your husband and whether or not he's cheating on you right now. If he is cheating, time will tell! You should definitely be mindful of those friends/family members whom have supported you throughout this time frame. Lean on them for support. I'm sure you will be fine. Stay positive & keep taking those pain meds :) !

Sorry you are hurting today. You will be ok. The first couple days home from the hospital were painful but I promise in a couple of days you will be feeling much better. I did a lot of walking..just 5 or 10 minutes at a time, but it did help with the pain. Also your stomach is swollen right now so its hard to get anything down. Just concentrate on your fluids..tiny sips every few seconds, and keep a protien drink handy and take tiny sips of that too. Dont even worry about food for the first couple of days..but you have to keep drinking. I am 4 weeks out right now and feel great! You will get there too and I can bet that 4 weeks from now you will be posting with a completely different outlook :)

Ok, first - take a deep breath! And then take another one . You are going to be ok. You are experiencing some anxiety and it is normal right after surgery. I felt the same way - Dear God, what have I done to myself?? After my surgery I would wake up from a nap with some severe panic. It will pass. Keep trusting you made the right decision. You spasms in your esophagus might be due to your anxiety level. Get back on your welbutrin immediately. Take it one day at a time. Do you have someone who can come visit with you? or someone you can call that will listen? I know not everyone understands what you are going through, but just having someone to sit with can be comforting. As for your husband - don't worry about that right now. You need to focus on yourself and your recovery. Remember, too that anesthesia can really have some effect on our mood and our rationality. Your body has just been through major surgery. It will get better each and every day - just wait and see. Try to relax. Get a good book, or watch some silly movies If you feel it will help talk to your husband and let him know what you are thinking. Tell him you need his love and support now more than ever and whatever else you need from him that will help. Try to relax, ok? You will get through this. We are all here to help you. Lots of hugs your way!

The pain will go away, you will be able to eat. Right now a lot of it is the medicine.

Breathe, calm yourself down, realize you are in pain, it's going to happen. If you have a lazy boy or chair set it up with your incentive spirometer, your liquids, a small cup or med cup and sip slowly....slowly. If you have peppermint tea decaff drink some with your favorite artificial sweetener. Sip, Sip Sip, slowly.

Husband, you can't do anything about that right this second. It will come to light when it does. You tune all that bs noise in your head out. Tell yourself, you will get stronger every day, you will feel better soon, you are doing what you need to do to live. Tell yourself you are worth living, you are worth it. Focus on a future, where you are in control. Bide your time, give yourself time to heal, listen to some music you like, take your naps, get up and walk around every once in a while. Take care of yourself, because only you can comfort yourself right now, and realize you are strong enough to get through whatever is thrown your way.

I spent 5 days in the hospital with my husband and son and my parents visiting me. I still felt sad and depressed a little bit inside....but I forced myself to keep looking forward at the positive. It's been 4 days since your surgery!!! Of course, you are going through so much. I took naps every day for 10 days. Once the drain comes out you will feel better.

SIP your Water, get your fluids in. Don't let anyone rule how you treat yourself. You take care of yourself, it's your only real job right now. You made this decision because you thought you were worth it, now prove you are worth it. Get your rest, get your fluids, and bide your time until you are healthy enough to deal with all the rest of the BS that is going on. It will be there when you are better and stronger to deal with it.

For now, smile on the outside and take care of yourself. The rest will sort itself out, and guess what, you will be the one that comes out on top!

Sorry about how you are feeling, but believe me when I tell you it does get better. I'm only 9 days out and have made leaps and bounds of progress in those 9 short days. I too came home in pain but could not tolerate the liquid pain meds, I threw them up so I had to just muscle my way through. My last dose of pain meds was in the hospital at 6:00 am the day I was discharged. Your antidepressant and the lack of you taking it probably has a lot to do with your anxiety and worry. I know that when I was in the hospital the ice chips hurt, every single sip of anything hurt. As the days went on, it still hurt, but got better and better and I was able to tolerate more and more. sugar free popcicles were my boyfriend and still are. I still have the occasional cramp in the stomach reminding me I drank too fast or ate my pureed Soup too fast, but it does get better it really does. Sounds like you are going through a lot right now that has nothing to do with the surgery and frankly it's not fair to have extra "baggage" piled on you at a time like this. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DIE!!!! Every day you will wake up and feel better and will eat a little more. Get up and move a little, even if for a couple minutes, it helps. Hugs to you on your recovery.

All good advice here. I would just stress to get your liquids in so you don't end up in the ER. Sip, sip, sip! Also, take that Welburtin NOW! I'm on an anti-depressant for hot flashes but I learned quickly (even though I was warned sternly) you CANNOT suddently stop taking them. If I'm even late with my anti-depressant, my head starts to spin and my thoughts are bizarre. You've got too many other stress going now to not have that reinforcement. BIG HUG! to you. You deserve it.

G.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but rest assure that it does get better everyday. You sound like your in shock, just keep reminding yourself why you did this and that this is the right decision for you. Focus on relaxing, if there is some particular music that helps you relax, put it on. Just breathe.

As for your husband, don't focus on that right now. Just worry about you, all things will fall into place. Have faith, you are strong and you can do this.

Just Breathe, pleas try to relax. Focus only on you right now and don't worry about anyone or anything else. Everything is going to be okay, you need to have faith. This surgery is life changing and it's a big deal. Your entire body is adjusting as we speak. I suffer from depression too. I am on three different meds for it. I have taken Wellbutrin before and I am not on that now so it must not have worked for me. I've been on so many (like a guinea pig, lol) that I really don't remember what effect it had on me. Maybe you need a different one now or a lower dose. You should definitely talk to your surgeon and let him/her know what is going on. Let the doctor know that you are talking painkillers much sooner than you should, make sure you tell the doctor all you think is not normal. Also, you may want to talk to the doctor who gave you the Wellbutrin about the way you have been mentally feeling. It's important for all these doctors to be on the same page and collaborate. Remember, this surgery took a part of the stomach which contains hormones that are linked to hunger and cravings. All these hormone level changes have a link to your brain (obviously) so all these changes you are feeling are not totally uncommon. Try to remain calm and seek the support from your doctors. Don't panic. If you need to go back to the hospital to be monitored until you are more stable then so be it. You'd be in good hands. If the doctors don't think it's necessary, then you just do the best you can at home. Try to stay calm though. One day at a time. God Bless.

This too will pass! For me, the first two weeks were the worst. After that, I started seeing weight loss and the light at the end of the tunnel. You'll feel sooooo much better just getting that drain pulled out! It made me feel so yucky and sickly.

You are starting the "brand-new beginning" to the rest of your life! I have lost over 40 lbs in almost 5 months and can't begin to tell you how much happier I am with myself! I'm wearing a size 16! Yeah!!! I feel like my best years are ahead of me. This is coming from a "formally" depressed person. So, trust me, you'll move past this. These feelings are just temporary. Right now, you just need to rest and get your fluids in. Don't worry about food....or your husband. This is your time to do for yourself. God bless you and your new journey.....it only gets better. xoxo

Yes, please start figuring out a way to take your Wellbutrin. Not to minimize what you are going through in any way, but everything will be terribly blown out of proportion since you stopped taking your anti-depressant so suddenly. One of the worst things to do is to stop taking anti-depressants cold turkey, or you will get 'rebound' depression and anxiety tenfold. It will take a couple of days for it to kick back in, but please start taking it again asap.

As for everything else (except the husband issue) it WILL get better. And as you feel better, and stronger, and heal from this journey, you will mentally get stronger, and feel ten times better about yourself, and will be able to kick your cheating husband to the curb (If he truly is) and think "GOOD RIDDANCE". There are so many, many changes to go through, but you will eventually start to divest of those people and situations that harm you as you will start to value yourself more and have more self-confidence. Some are painful, and most are necessary.

Just rest, take your pain pills, please take your Wellbutrin, sip, sip, walk, walk, sip then walk some more. This is just a temporary phase, you WILL get through it. You will look back in 6 months, even three months, and think "why was I so freaked out? All ended well!" I promise....you'll be okay. We all freak out, but we all recover and blossom and grow into who and what we are supposed to be.

Hang in there, Sweets, and reach out to us if needed. And please, go take your Wellbutrin, right now :wub:

I was sleeved on Monday as well. I ended up staying an extra day in the Hospital BC I was experiencing high bp, in addition to Cymbalta withdrawal. Take the Wellbutrin. It will make all the difference. Today is better than yesterday, so tomorrow will be better than today I've had a pounding headache all day bc of caffeine. I've decided to make half caff tea to alleviate the headache, making sure to get plenty of other fluids.

I was sleeved on Monday too. My surgeon explained that spasms are very normal for the first few days. She sent me home with anti-spasm meds to help with it. I agree with many others that have reached out to offer you support...you have to take care of yourself first and not worry about anything else. Getting your Wellbutrin back on track is a priority. Call the doctor if you need information about how to get it into your system. Also getting fluids in your system...I found that I cannot handle really cold Water so I drink sips of room temperature water and I need to be sitting up straight and this helps. I hope that things will be looking up in no time for you. Take care.