Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been given the go ahead for stage 2 full liquids. I'm having a really hard time with anything sugar free, it just doesn't taste good and tingled my mouth. Do Protein Shakes count as a Fluid? Drs nut says no my nut says yes. I'm so confused and will be on stage 2 for 3 weeks and Soups have to be broth based. Any suggestions?

Good question, if Protein Shakes count as liquid. I'm not sure. However, as far as broth goes, I use what was given to me in the hospital after VSG; it's by Hormel and it's Herb-ox. Taste very good and has no MSG. I found it at VONS supermarket. I searched Hormels' website to find a store near me who sales it. Good luck to you. I know it's rough, but each day is a new day and closer to your goal.

I drink it sometimes; actually sip all day on the days I just don't want to eat.

Krys

Hello I'm still pre op, but I learned in my Kaiser classes that Protein Drinks count as part of your 64oz you should take in per day. Your goal should be to consume 4-6 oz per hour. so sip all day. I hope this helps.

My nut says yes! Also, I read somewhere six regular size ice cubes is like 4 oz ! Not sure how true, I may have to do the melt test !

I lost 8 lbs as of yesterday which was 6 days post op. I was told I'm not drinking enough. I told them I was drinking 4-6 cups of Fluid, 16oz of broth and was told not enough. I don't know how I'm going to be able to go back to work and drink all day long. Now she says 64oz of Water, 22 fl oz protien before.I should take on any Soup, pudding, yogurt etc. This stinks!

I know. It's rough. I would drink broth when I was hungry. Protein Shake for Breakfast. Also, try Light Muscle Milk, 25g of Protein. It's already made and it is 8.25oz. I sip these in between meals now in order to get the full 25g. I get really full drinking them too.

I lost 8 lbs as of yesterday which was 6 days post op. I was told I'm not drinking enough. I told them I was drinking 4-6 cups of Fluid, 16oz of broth and was told not enough. I don't know how I'm going to be able to go back to work and drink all day long. Now she says 64oz of Water, 22 fl oz protien before.I should take on any Soup, pudding, yogurt etc. This stinks!

Ok so I'm down 2 more lbs since yesterday. I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time with no food. I feel like s#$t! I hate artificial sweetners and am so regretting this at the moment. I feel like I'm walking dead. I can handle the fluids but the lack of nourishment is killing me. I'm tellin you the full liquid stage they told.me about before surgey is not the full liquid stage I'm told now. Sorry had to rant

Besides the pre-op diet for me, this was the hardest part. For a while I would drink 2 shakes a day and drink the rest. It's mentally hard, yes. And way less calories than you're used to. But you will adapt and so will your body. Everyone in the first couple of weeks have the "Oh sh**, what have I done"days. I am 2 1/2 months out. Now I can chew stuff it isn't that bad. And drinking gets easier. I can actually gulp 4 ounces at a time. Maybe 20 number in an hour or so with no problems. Just hang on for a couple of weeks. It's so worth it

Ok so I'm down 2 more lbs since yesterday. I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time with no food. I feel like s#t! I hate artificial sweetners and am so regretting this at the moment. I feel like I'm walking dead. I can handle the fluids but the lack of nourishment is killing me. I'm tellin you the full liquid stage they told.me about before surgey is not the full liquid stage I'm told now. Sorry had to rant

I was right there with ya just a week ago. It turned the corner quickly for me. One day I felt like hell and then just a couple of days later and I felt way better. It will improve!

Guys can I put fruit in my Protein shake? I'll start my morning off tomorrow with.a shake and really try to get it together. Today was such hell and I'm still very sore.

I put fruit and frozen low fat yogurt in mine. Made all the difference in the world. Made them a bit thicker and thus slower to drink but varied it up and made them palatable

No. No fruit yet. sugar free syrups work well. Unless you are cleared do it, don't do it. You need time to heal

How are you with Vitamins? Are you taking Iron and B-12?

Ok so I'm down 2 more lbs since yesterday. I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time with no food. I feel like s#$t! I hate artificial sweetners and am so regretting this at the moment. I feel like I'm walking dead. I can handle the fluids but the lack of nourishment is killing me. I'm tellin you the full liquid stage they told.me about before surgey is not the full liquid stage I'm told now. Sorry had to rant

@Cudlyqt....I add strawberries to my strawberry protien powder (one scoop), two handfuls of ice. I also add less1/4 of half and half (thats just me)..I also add a banana. This is what I drink before I workout in the morning as well as it being my Breakfast...I drink half before workout and the rest after.

Also, I forget you are just beginning and I am a year and half out. You may want to speak with your surgeon and/or his staff to see if your sleeve is able to handle it.

Guys can I put fruit in my Protein shake? I'll start my morning off tomorrow with.a shake and really try to get it together. Today was such hell and I'm still very sore.