Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been away for a while. At first I was sitting on pins and needles waiting to find out if we were pregnant. We are. Now I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to see how much weight I gain. I have never before been concerned about gaining weight while pregnant but this time...well, this time I am freaking out. I want so badly to be think again. We didn't plan this and are still adjusting to the information but never the less after only 30lbs loss we are pregnant. I was really geared up to lose the next 30lbs which would have left me with my last big hurdle of 30lbs. Oh well.

Now I am trying to figure out how am I going to get in the recommended nutrition. I'd love to hear from other bandsters who have found creative ways to get in the Protein, Calcium etc. Lately I have been having a tablespoon of Peanut Butter or I have been making shakes using non-sweet soy milk (loaded with antioxidants and protein).

I haven't had any cravings which is truly a blessing. I have however gained 3lbs and I am only 6wks today!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that everything continutes to go smoothly and we have a new baby bandsterette? soon.

Myra

Congratulations! I don't have any answers for you, but I wanted to wish you well, and hopefully bump your thread to give someone who's been in your shoes a chance to see it and respond.

Again, congratulations mom! Is this your first?

Hi Lisa,

I will be wishing you well, and curious to hear what advice you are given on here. I was banded on 8/4/06, and would like to have more children. So I'm very curious about this topic. Much love to you!!

There are several pregnant bandsters on this forum who can best answer your questions. One source of Vitamins, Protein, and Calcium are fortified Cereal like protein fortified Special K (10 grams of protein in a serving). Congrats to you and your hubby!

Congratulations!!

I'll be tuned into your advice & progress - I hope that I will be in your position by mid-next year. Fingers crossed that all goes well for you.

HI Theresa,

How are you? I too feel so left out as I barely visit lapband anymore. All of the other members are attempting to lose weight where as I must focus on nutrition and possibly putting on a few pounds. I asked the moderator to provide a room for those of us who are pregnant but my request went unanswered.

I am due in April. I haven't put on my pounds. In fact I believe I have put on less than 10 lbs. It would proabably be less if I could hold down Water. Last night I was able to drink and entire glass full and felt wonderful. Before the end of the first trimester I could stand the taste of Water.

I truly believe the band is assisting in keeping the cravings and hunger down. I forget daily that I am pregnant and I certainly am not eating nearly as much as I have in the past.

Hey, that ticker is moving in the right direction! Good for you.

Lisa