Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had to meet with my primary doctor one time a month for 3 months, meet with a nutritionist 3 times, and meet with a psychologist. Overall not too bad. I just hated waiting. Your doctor will be able to help you navigate it all though. As for my doctor, I have his cell phone number! How many doctors give that out?

Hi all, I'm in Tomball here and I'm 4 weeks out with Dr St. laurent. Great doctor who I highly recommend. I could never get into the forum either. Maybe there is a secret knock and we aren't cool enough to use it!

Hi I'm in San Antonio and waiting on insurance auth. I'm hoping to have the surgery sometime at the end of Feb. My doctor is Dr. Gonzalez.

Houston...Tx

<---- Funky Town here.. Sleeved 6/26 Dr David Kim

I'm getting sleeved on the 26th of February by Dr. David Kim. How was your experience?

Hi everyone! I live on the west side of Houston, Cypress to be exact. I am having surgery in Tijuana Mexico on March 23. I have insurance but after paying the deductible and co-pays I will come out cheaper going to Mexico. I just moved here in Sep. I am from Longview TX. I would love to meet people in the area who have had surgery or will be having it. We could just talk or we could meet to exercise before or after surgery. If anyone is interested let know and I will give you my phone number.

Thanks!!

Houston...Tx

I'm from Houston too. Are there any in person support groups?

I'm from Houston too. Are there any in person support groups?

Not that I know of. I just moved to this area and only decided to have surgery about 2 weeks ago so I don't know much about support groups. If you find one please let me know.

Thanks!!

I'm in Spring, Texas!!! I would love to attend a support group!

Hello! I am from houston texas! My primary doctor gave me a card to set up fir consultation, but the doc is out of town and wont be back untill March 12 -.- so I was wondering whats best? Should I wait for the doc or who ever to contact my insurance or should I take it upon myself to contact and see if ky UHC provides the benifits for this surgery? Is there a difference?

I didn't wait I called my insurance and glad I did. The first doctor I went to was cocky and swore up and down my insurance didnt cover vsg and I already new it did. So went to a different doctor. So my advice cyb. And call good luck

Two_boysmom -

I'm from Fort Worth, Texas. Dr. Kim performed my surgery on September 18, 2012 and I've been doing GREAT ever since. Couldn't be happier! Dr. Kim has a very strict plan for his patients and if you stick to the plan and do as you are instructed you shouldn't have any probelms. In my opinion the most difficult time is immediately following surgery when you're trying to recooperate in the hospital. It will take a few days to feel normal; however, you'll do fine. Take care!

I am almost 4 months out- surgeon was Dr. Bonner in Katy- i'm from Baytown- 45 yrs old- highest 285, surgery 273, current 238. Slow and steady has gotten me from a 24 to an 18. And I FEEL GREAT!!

Two_boysmom -

I'm from Fort Worth' date=' Texas. Dr. Kim performed my surgery on September 18, 2012 and I've been doing GREAT ever since. Couldn't be happier! Dr. Kim has a very strict plan for his patients and if you stick to the plan and do as you are instructed you shouldn't have any probelms. In my opinion the most difficult time is immediately following surgery when you're trying to recooperate in the hospital. It will take a few days to feel normal; however, you'll do fine. Take care![/quote']

Thank you for taking time to respond. I look forward to the 26th so I can get that behind me.

My insurance does not cover this :'( i have an exclusion :/ helllpppp texas where can i get this done with a payment plan affordable cost and most off all safe!!!