Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

But I Do Wanna Be A Size 6

My goal is to be a size 12-14. I'm not wanting to be skinny, I'm wanted to be toned! I'm not worried as to how much exactly the weight will be because I want to gain muscle. :)

I think the key thing that we all want is to MAINTAIN a lower weight. I could be happy in a size 12 if I never, ever get bigger than that again. However, if I could maintain a 6/8, that would be great, too. Not sure I need to be a size 4,2 or 0....Unless you are in a business that relies on looks, there is no advantage to those sizes. I think it would be really hard to maintain sizes like that (unless someone is "born that way")....

I am so excited to be be a size 12 pants and M shirt for the first time in my life! Hell yes, I am also the one who wants to be a size 6! I say Celebrate what we have! This surgery enables us for the first time in our lives to have complete control of our weight. I originally wasn't going to tell anyone except family and close co-workers, but I would shout it from the rooftops now if I knew that it would help someone else!

By the way, I turn 50 in 2 weeks and I only buy clothes that look fantastic on me.

I am 5'10"...I want to wear a size 14. (Back in high school - I was around 150/155 at size 11/12)...I am built totally differently now even though I have no kids...so 165-175 is my goal and a size 14...I am a tall girl. I like the womanly look - curves. I like having thick thighs, wide hips...wish my belly was flat, of course, wish I had a bubble butt instead of wide, flat land, of course....but overall, I am at peace with myself now - even though I am currently so obese - back in high school I felt just as obese as I do right now because I wasn't a size 6 (like my five foot tall friends & supermodels like Cindy Crawford who were my height but were a small size)...I am more than okay now in my own skin twenty years later...so I know I will be on cloud nine at 165-175...I will rock it! My WLS was primarily for mobility issues, but I do not believe that overweight or obese people don't want to look better as a result of this surgery...I call BS on that one, too!!!

Best of luck to all of us with our goals!

It is so tricky to gauge size because of all the extra skin blubber. Before my Year of Horrors, I was a really fit 165 pounds and was able to pour myself into a pair of vintage Levis in a size 10, but I could tell that without the blubber gut of excess raisin skin, and the contouring that needs to be done on my flanks and the shriveled pudding skin of my inner thighs, I could tell that I easily had 10 pounds of skin and tissue that could be removed and I would have been a 6 or an 8. And pants that fit my legs nicely don't begin to fit my hips stomach and waist. Even those size 10 Levis gave me crazy muffin pudge and FUPA biforcation, they had to be worn with an empire waisted tunic :C

It is so tricky to gauge size because of all the extra skin blubber. Before my Year of Horrors' date=' I was a really fit 165 pounds and was able to pour myself into a pair of vintage Levis in a size 10, but I could tell that without the blubber gut of excess raisin skin, and the contouring that needs to be done on my flanks and the shriveled pudding skin of my inner thighs, I could tell that I easily had 10 pounds of skin and tissue that could be removed and I would have been a 6 or an 8. And pants that fit my legs nicely don't begin to fit my hips stomach and waist. Even those size 10 Levis gave me crazy muffin pudge and FUPA biforcation, they had to be worn with an empire waisted tunic :C[/quote']

Omywurd!!!! Lol I am sorry had to laugh at the crazy muffin pudge and FUPA biforcation...I am pre op so I haven't gotten to this point yet. But I so want to be a size 6. Or something like that. I have High BP and take 3 meds for that, but I still really want to be a skinny Minnie deep down inside. And if the bp goes down and I get to throw away those meds then awesome!!!! But I wanna be the skinny one in the group not the fat girl......we will get there!!!!

Even those size 10 Levis gave me crazy muffin pudge and FUPA biforcation, they had to be worn with an empire waisted tunic :C

:lol: I nearly snorted my drink on my screen!

I have been going to a WLS surgery support group and every meeting someone says something along the lines of' date=' "well it is not like I am trying to be a size 6 or anything, I just want to be healthier." So am I alone in that I DO wanna be a size 6--or 4--or 2? I want to be the one that is expected to sit in the middle of the backseat because I am so small. I want to wear tiny little jeans and have the option of dressing trashy and still looking hot. I have been big my whole life and I want to be the little one. Don't get me wrong, any move towards health and any weight loss is a good thing. I know better than to measure success vs. failure by getting into a size that seems almost unreal to me now. However, is it OK if I WANT it? Like really,really want it? I know me well enough to know that I will Celebrate every pound lost and every step I make towards a healthier me. However, if the truth were told, at the top of the list of reasons that I am willing to allow someone to cut one of my internal organs into pieces and yank part of it out of my body through a slit in my stomach, go through the risks of surgery, and have my eating habits forever changed is because I am SICK OF BEING FAT and I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to slip into a pair of jeans whose size is one single, solitary number. In this group everyone is like, "oh, I just want to reach a healthier me, looking better is just a little extra." Can I call BS on that? I mean like big heaping, steaming bull #!%.... I know this post may make me seem shallow, but I have never seen anyone jump up and down over seeing their cholesterol go down 10 points. However, be in the vicinity when a former fatty slips on a size small top and size 6 jeans for the first time and you will see some celebrating going on. They will be taking pictures and calling their friends to share the news. You might see a little dance or hear an "oh HELL YEAH". Ever see anyone act like that over that hospital lab report? I am not trying to minimize the awesome health benefits of losing what is basically another person made up of fat that I am carrying around. I know my friend of fat will eventually kill me if I don't leave her behind. I am looking forward to improved health, mobility, and energy levels--sure...but do I really have to pretend that I wouldn't have the surgery if I knew that my overall health wouldn't really improve and all I had to look forward to is being smaller?[/quote']

Im right with you. Yep, I want better health and off all meds but I also want 6 pants. Yep, I want the 2 piece bathing suit and sexy pictures. I dont want to have to hide fat parts on my body. Im not cutting on my stomach for a lil help. Im cutting on it for ALL benefits...watch out world. I cut up in a size 14/16...I want to see it all in a 6/7 or smaller. Im just 5ft and Im ready! Lol ♡♡♡

I hear you! You go ahead and feel whatever you are feeling. I think health is certainly a given that allows us to do the work toward smaller sizes. I still can't believe I could be that small again' date=' but I look forward to that. Who wouldn't love to be able to buy clothes that they like, sit in a chair or airplane seat and not feel awful, snuggle with your honey on the couch instead of taking up the whole darn thing? We all have our reasons for doing this, and health is certainly the top thing, but we've suffered a lot of mental pain along with the physical, and we have a right to feel good about all aspects of ourselves. Thanks for saying what you think, and probably most of us do too.[/quote']

Amen...we have suffered humiliation, fat jokes, and insinuating comments. We have been looked over for our outer appearances not inner beauty. Its our TIME to be truly content with ourselves.

For me this surgery was so needed..these last few months I ws literally wobbling bcuz my legs and ankles hurt..would almost drag that leg due to pain. .I am a city bus operator and my knees, ass b on fire from the constant movement. .sleep apena. .hbp border line diabetes. ..shyt my moms gets around at 72 btr than her 47 yo daughter. ..can u say sad and embarrassing...I'm tired of being tired..so for me what ever wait I lose will give me a option to live..for right now I'm just here taking up air..I hv no idea hw to enjoy life bcuz I've ben miserable most of my life

For me this surgery was so needed..these last few months I ws literally wobbling bcuz my legs and ankles hurt..would almost drag that leg due to pain. .I am a city bus operator and my knees' date=' ass b on fire from the constant movement. .sleep apena. .hbp border line diabetes. ..shyt my moms gets around at 72 btr than her 47 yo daughter. ..can u say sad and embarrassing...I'm tired of being tired..so for me what ever wait I lose will give me a option to live..for right now I'm just here taking up air..I hv no idea hw to enjoy life bcuz I've ben miserable most of my life[/quote']

This surgery is a health miracle. God bless you!

AMEN!!! I wanna be a size 8 sooo bad! I want my tall boots and high heels! I wanna wear tight jeans tank tops and cowboy boots to summer festivals and be stared at cuz my a $$ is so damn fine ;-) yes for once I wanna be looked at! And I wanna look like that for a looooonnng time so yes, for my health too! I really I wanna be 160 and I'm starting at 300 has anyone lost that much and how much does one weigh at a size 8?

AMEN!!! I wanna be a size 8 sooo bad! I want my tall boots and high heels! I wanna wear tight jeans tank tops and cowboy boots to summer festivals and be stared at cuz my a $$ is so damn fine ;-) yes for once I wanna be looked at! And I wanna look like that for a looooonnng time so yes, for my health too! I really I wanna be 160 and I'm starting at 300 has anyone lost that much and how much does one weigh at a size 8?

Hiya Tanya -- your post made me smile. You will be rocking that look in no time! I started out at about 240lb and I hit a size 8 initially at about 160lb (I'm like 5' 6.5" tall). I am nearer 150lb now, but still mostly wear an 8 or a 6 in trousers (I consistently wear a 10 in dresses cos I'm built like an American football player in the shoulders/chest LOL).

I want to lose the last 15 years so bad! I went from an 8 (I was a 4 or 6 until I had two children, then I was an 8) to 20/22 - I don't even recognize this body.

I already realize that excess skin is growing to be an issue...

I want to be a size 2... But am now seeing the extra skin is GOING to be an issue' date='

[/quote']

Yes