Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

But I Do Wanna Be A Size 6

I want to be a size 2... But am now seeing the extra skin is GOING to be an issue,

I would love to be a size 8 or even a 10. I don't think any smaller would be good for me- although I am short. My hubby might have a fit with that small. He is already having withdrawls of not having much to "hold on to"...LOL!

I hear you! You go ahead and feel whatever you are feeling. I think health is certainly a given that allows us to do the work toward smaller sizes. I still can't believe I could be that small again, but I look forward to that. Who wouldn't love to be able to buy clothes that they like, sit in a chair or airplane seat and not feel awful, snuggle with your honey on the couch instead of taking up the whole darn thing? We all have our reasons for doing this, and health is certainly the top thing, but we've suffered a lot of mental pain along with the physical, and we have a right to feel good about all aspects of ourselves. Thanks for saying what you think, and probably most of us do too.

Hell yeah I do!! I ditto everything you said!!! I am worried about loose skin, but If I ever get to a size two, yes ma'am you better believe I will be celebrating!! I may bust out a backflip! :P LOL, I don't think you are shallow at all. I think its normal for us to feel this way! I don't know with my body type if I could ever get that small, but a girl can hope right? Hope you are well!

I am currently a size 6 and I am still 20 ish pounds away from being at my personal goal weight. It is well within a healthy BMI range, so why not continue? Why stop just because I am in a size 6. Heck yeah I want to be 4 or maybe a 2 (as long as I'm still healthy!).

The thing I've learned though, is that even though I may be wearing the same number as other people who wear a six... my body is very different. I could not get away wearing anything "trashy" right now. I have skin. Lots of it. More than I need for sure! And that isn't going to magically go away. Yes I'm smaller, but I do not have the same body as some size 6 lady who was never overweight.

I am so happy that I can look cute, but truly, what I gain the most happiness from are the things I am able to do now. I can run with my baby sister (she's 6) and I can go all day without wanting to nap, etc.

I was borderline diabetic pre-surgery. I am thrilled to say I don't have to worry about that anymore! I hoot and holler every day when I think about that :D

You are absolutely right in everything you said. I say that as someone who JUST in the past couple months is able to say I can wear size 4 slacks and size 5/6 jeans and let me tell you- it is absolutely freakin FABULOUS!!! That moment when you realize that you need yet another smaller size and you question in your head, "how can that be...?" and then try that smaller size in the dressing room and you want to throw a party bigger than New Years Eve right then and there, shouting from the roof tops that YOU MADE IT!!! I say this, because that WAS ME!! Unfortunately, I was shopping alone as I usually do, but it was still great! And, you know what, I did call friends and they celebrated right with me!!!

Everyone will have their own goals, but I sincerely believe it is ok to want the things you mentioned. Being able to slip into tight spaces because you are so petite. That sliding past crowded seats to sit next to the empty window seat won't bring sighs of despair from those you have to glide past, but rather maybe a few glances at your slimming figure!

You go for it! Enjoy it and Celebrate IT!!!

Oh yeeeaaahhhh babeeee, I wanna see pointy bones sticking out everywhere!! I may have to give up that dream somewhere along the way, but I WANT IT!!!

Haha I love this post! You're so right! I'm having this surgery for many reasons, but a very important one is wanting to be a normal sized girl. I keep picturing myself in outfits that I've always wanted to wear but have been to big for all my life. Even at my smallest when I was in high school, I was still a size 12 (sounds tiny to me now, but I was the fat one then too.) Just 2 weeks, my younger sister (who is skinny and has always accommodated my larger size in car seats and airplanes) was having to squeeze into the middle of the seat between my mom and me, and I made her a promise that after my surgery, I will make it up to her by sitting in the middle seat for the rest of my life, lol. I seriously can't wait for that to happen!

I know exactly how you feel. No offense to you older sleevers ;) but the majority of the people in my support group at the hospital are older. Most of them say "as long as I'm healthy, I don't care what size I am." Am I a little vain to want something MORE? I usually say the same spiel they do just so I don't look like an ungrateful "youngster." Lol. I tell people I would be happy to be a size 8 or 10, but I secretly want to be a 4 or 6. ;)

I love you OP lol

It seems safe to assume you don't have major health issues? Don't get me wrong...there is no denying I too want to be small. I can't wait to put on a LBD and KNOW I look sexy..no doubt about it. But calling BS on others wanting to be healthy, that is (in my opinion) just not the case.

While being thinner will make me feel better about myself, I pray every single night that I feel better. I am 32 years young, with REAL debilitating health issues directly connected to my weight.

Wanting and needing are two different things. I want to be smaller, I need to get my health in check if I want to live to meet my kids children, and thier children. Even better if I am in a size small bathrobe when I do...but if nothing changes for me health wise the honest, sad scary truth is I hope to be put out of my misery long before the great grandkids.

Call that whatever you want, but I would keep every single 210 pounds to not feel this way ever again.

For me, it's not being a size 2 or 4... I would be happy to be an 8. BUT - I want BOOTS, tall boots that zip up and fit my calf, boots that I can tuck my jeans into. The day that happens I will be jumping up and down in the shoe store!

Oh Man! I haven't even thought about the boots. No more ankle-high boots.....but tall slim pretty boots. Yes--added to goals and things to celebrate--Thanks!