Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ANY JULY 2012 SLEEVERS?

I live in Fort Worth and had surgery on 6/28. There are several here from Dallas who had surgery in June. I had lunch with a lovely group of sleevers last weekend in Dallas!

I'm in Dallas and am having surgery on Sept 12th! I also just moved here so am completely new to the area :-( This hot weather is killing me! :-) Any tips around the area for Sleevers? Good walking places, etc?

I'm in Dallas!!! My surgery is sept 25th

Wat part of Dallas r u in??? And yes I'm from heren it's 2 hott!!!

I'm in Dallas, Off of Oak Lawn, McKinney? What about you? Heard the weather is supposed to cool down next few days. Gotta get out there and see it before I believe it! ;-)

I'm m Dallas off frankford n the tollway... yeah I'm outside now n it feels amazing

Anyone need nectar and/or Bariatric Advantage Vitamins crystals or know someone in DFW who does? I have 2 tubs of nectar and 3 tubs of zbA vitamins to give if Someone will come and get them . I am right off of i30 in Oak Cliff.

Fort Worth here. Surgery by Dr Kim on 6/26.

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.

Well, I didn't say much the first time, so I'll say a little more now. I'm newly 50, live in Arlington with my husband and teenage son. I'm a stay at home mom, which has made this sleeve process easier.

I was sleeved on Aug. 31 by Dr. Clayton Frenzel at Forest Park Medical Center. After severe nausea the first couple of days, I seemed to be doing better every day. On Wednesday (Day 6), I went to the ER at Arlington Memorial with a blood clot in my arm. Turned out not to be dangerous, just very painful and scary. I had some sort of panic attack that evening with lots of shaking, sweating and general "crazy person" behavior. Lots of prayer. Took a cool shower carefully, some calming aromatherapy, and lots of TLC from my guys. It helped, along with going back on pain meds for my arm.

Back on the mend until Sunday. I went to the big Walmart with my pedometer and walked every aisle whether I was interested or not. Only made it through half the store, mainly due to my son's boredom. Logged over 3000 steps while there.

Sunday, I overdid it, although on paper you wouldn't think so. Went to church! I think it was just too much emotionally and physically. Everyone asking how I was, glad to see me, etc. Only made it through 20 minutes and I had to retreat to the restroom. I had terrible pain in my low back (right side), I was sweating and dry heaving. By the time we got home, I was in the worst pain of my life (including major car accident and giving birth by C-section). Doubled up on pain pills, cried for mercy, prayed that I might pass out.

Finally, pain pills kicked in and I fell asleep. By 6:00, I was feeling much better and craving watermelon. Found a way to chew on it, swallow the juice and spit out the pulp. It tasted soooo good!

Day 12 now. Feeling better and walking more. Mine is not the best story, nor the worst. Just mine.

I said that I would say a little more and I wrote a book! Sorry, just got on a roll!

I'm hoping to connect with some other Arlington area sleevers during the next few weeks and months. Maybe a mini support group, walking buddies or something. I'll be in touch!

Hey, glad to here your feeling better. I live in Arlington, too. Also looking for a support group or a walking partner.

Hey arkgirl! It looks like you've lost a lot of weight. Was this just since your surgery? Here are my stats:

High Weight: 273.0

Consult Weight: 262.2

Surgery Date Weight: 250.2

Last Friday (1 Week): 247.2

I weight myself every Friday. Right now it's hard to wait, but I think it will feel more rewarding.

I live close to Veteran's Park. Lots of walkers there and the weather is starting to be about right (I'm pretty picky about my temps - hope that will change!). Because of my knees, I'm lucky to walk 1/4 mile at a time -- hope that changes, too!