Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Just Had Surgery 6.12.2012 But I Haven't Lost Any Weight?!?

Wow bdiddy you sound like a total ******...

Sisters is fantastic by the way, I went there & had a fabulous surgeon ...I've known many that have done Buff General...most have similar stories.

I didn't get that this was a public bashing, just a venting & telling her story.

BTW most surgeons are total dicks with no bedside manner so never take it personally!

The way that I read it, Sarabee took responsibility for her part and gave the surgeon credit as well. However, I probably wouldn't have used his name in a public post and there seems to be some info missing with regard to why he was yelling. Anyway, there are 2 sides of every story and regardless where the truth lies, the pupose of this forum is to offer support.

The surgery was not a waste in that you got a repaired hernia AND a sleeve. Dont throw in the towel because you havnt lost in 11 days. Your body is going thru shock and needs time to adjust with such a low caloric intake. I am curious what size bougie your doctor used, but it shouldnt affect your weight loss in that the differences in sizes are so minimal. In a way, I felt I was starving myself prior to surgery by limiting my diet to liquids. But I trust the bariatric process.

One week you may lose nothing and then will automatically lose 3 pounds over night. On average, though, you should be able to expect 1-2 pounds per week. Give it 2 months and see. You may also want to use myfitnesspal to track your Protein, Water, calories and exercise. You can also see what other people are doing and eating. I am thepamperedkat.

I am a slow loser but I have been consistent, but I have questioned whether my bougie was too big and felt I ate more than others to feel restriction (5-6 ounces). However, that is my fear talking. I need to trust the process and the weight will come off. I trust yours will too. I know it is discouraging after putting ourselves through so much. My surgery was almost cancelled because I had a dark stool the day before surgery. I was mad but I know the surgeon was only protecting myself and his license.

Good luck...I know you will succeed!

First, take a breath!

Seriously....count to ten, deep breathe.

I think that it sounds like you've gone quite a bit overboard. Please hear me out before you get mad about that statement. If you have been waiting for this surgery for nine months, why didn't you clarify with the doctor's office whether you could reschedule or tell them that you felt stressed about it being so soon instead of starving yourself? I think this part of the situation you need to take some responsibility for.

Second, give your body a break. You are putting a ton of pressure on yourself talking about school and papers and recovery taking too long. You put your body under a major surgery. There are risks of complications, and I'm so sorry to hear that there were many difficulties, but being upset at your body is only going to make you feel worse. What your body needs right now is support, rest, and good follow-up medical care. While I understand that school is a priority too, health comes first. Period.

If you basically starve your body (Which puts it in a mode where it wants to hold onto as many calories as possible to survive), cut it up, and then shove it full of fluids, yes your body is gonna freak a little bit! Eleven days is not much and your body is still probably retaining Water trying to heal. I know it can be stressful not to see the scale move, but maybe you need to put the scale in a closet for a while and focus on recovery. Health and weight are not synonymous.

Plus, not everyone's bodies are the same. Your body and your neighbor's are not the same. Maybe you had more comorbidities? Maybe your surgery was more complicated? Maybe your body just needs more time to heal?

Have you thought about finding someone to talk this stuff out with? It sounds like maybe you have a lot pent up, not just food, but also general emotional stressors. It is not a sign of weakness to need to find someone to talk to. Years out from my first therapy session and I still use some of the coping techniques I learned when times get tough.

Anyway, I do genuinely hope that since your last post you've had time to both heal and reflect on the situation. Surgery is a difficult thing and when we decide to do it, we own all of the risks that we agreed to. Take care of your body, you deserve it. The weight will come off eventually.

I had surgery June 12 also. in nj down 50 lbs but I go to the gym almost everyday

I like Dr. Posner (for the person that freaked out disrespectfully up there). I did not like him raising his voice at me. I had gained some weight back BECAUSE MY GRANDMOTHER WAS MURDERED, and** I had lost it all by the time I made it to the pre-op final weigh in.

On January 12th, I will be 7 months out from surgery. I have (as of tonight) lost only 17 pounds. I went from Vegan to only Vegetarian- just to increase my Protein intake (which was a concern).

To the person that commented that they exercise every day-- I had to have back surgery on September 11th, 2012. I might need more surgery (bone fusion/disc removal in my back.. and possibly knee surgery). I am in a tremendous amount of pain all day long and all night long. I *WISH* I could exercise daily! It is emotionally uplifting, besides being physically good for all of us.

And to the person upset that I mentioned Dr. Posner by name- When I registered with this site, giving my surgeon's name was a prerequisite for having a membership here. That information was already publicly visible, regardless of my surgeon being named in this particular post.

I do find Dr. Posner funny and endearing. We worked through that difficult time, and he hugged me on the way out of my last appointment.

I came back on here after MONTHS of not checking up on anything related to this site (or anything else related to bariatric support). I thought that I could use support now, since I am only 17 pounds down since surgery- almost 7 months from surgery. Unfortunately, I found terrible judgment and nastiness. I guess this isn't a safe place after all.

Come too nj I had my sleeve done june 12 down 125 lbs advance laparoscopic is the best in the country good luck

Sent from my SPH-L710 using VST

[ATTACH]7666[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using VST

post-31239-13813661846971_thumb.png