Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Powders Smell Like Vomit! Help!

I got the GNC unflavored Protein Powder and mixed 1/2 a scoop with my crystal light. I used those new insulated cups that have the plastic straws that you see everywhere so you cant smell it. Its not as much Protein as a shake, bc I only used 1/2 a scoop but I figure its better than nothing :/. If you mix it really well so theres no bumps (sometimes I used a whisk) its OK. I'm over 8 weeks out now so I can usually get all my protein in with food now so I dont have to use it too much anymore, thankfully :)

I definitely couldn't tolerate any of the Protein Drinks, either. I make my own with Greek yogurt, almond milk, and whatever else I feel like throwing in there. It's not as much Protein per drink as the powders or ready-to-drinks, but I can handle them--they stayed down when nothing else would, and they smell pleasant. :-)

I use Protein "shots" ......2.9oz of 25grams Protein in a tube called Profect. I order a mixed case of 4 different flavors and it is sent directly to my house. Go to www.Protica.com.

There are different flavors and they are not that bad, and since you drink it down in 3-4 "shot like slips" you really don't smell it.

bodyweight.png

Here's the nutrition info on the Profect Protein shot. Note that the first ingredient for protein is hydrolized collagen, which is not readily available to our bodies as sleevers. I also see that pure cane sugar and citric acid are ingredients in this. Both are things I avoid. There are a ton of threads about Protein Shots and how they aren't useful to us. Why choke down a nasty protein shot when the protein isn't usable by our body?

Protica - Proasis All Natural Protein Shot Clear fruit Punch Supplement Facts Serving Size: 2.9 fl. oz. (86 ml) Servings Per Container: 1 Amount Per Serving % Daily Value* Calories 120 Calories from Fat 0 Total Fat 0 g 0% Saturated Fat 0 g 0% Trans Fat 0 g 0% Cholesterol 0 g 0% Sodium 64 mg 3% Potassium 31 mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2% Sugars 5 g ** Protein 25 g Actinase 25 g ** Patent pending blend of enzymatically hydrolyzed (predigested) collagenic protein isolate, whey protein isolate (milk) and casein protein isolate (milk) Stevia extract 10 mg ** * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

** Daily Value not established.

Other Ingredients: Pure deionized Water, pure cane sugar, citric acid, natural flavors.

Ok girl I am 2 months out and I still hate Protein. I had to buy no flavor cause all the flavors made me sick. I bought soy protein at nutrition.com and I made my own flavor. I love Peanut Butter so I put 2 scoops peanut butter, 1/2 cup soy milk, 1/2 bannana, and 1 scoop protein and ice and its the best. Til this day I don't taste no other ones.