Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When's The Big Day? How Are You Feeling?

Hi Everyone,

My day is also the 13th and I see that many of us are going in on the 10th. I will be thinking of you all tomorrow. Please let us know how you are doing. I totally get holding a body image of yourself that's smaller. In our minds we see ourselves as a more normal weight, perhaps the way we are supposed to be? Melissa, I totally don't understand the non-supporters telling us it's the "easy way out". I heard that from a co-worker today. What's easy about having a medical procedure, fasting before and after for weeks and changing you're whole life? I don't understand why people would want us to stay heavy and die an early death? And who cares about loose skin?! You just saved your organs, your heart and liver! Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with wanting to look your best. But firstly, let's do this to save our lives and do everything we've ever dreamed of.

HI, My surgery date is July 19th, with melissa I think :) I look forward to a lot of things and of course, feeling attractive comes to mind and I worry about loose skin and all that, but I am doing this just to live again and participate in life again. I want to be healthy and active with my 10yr old daughter and not feel ashamed of going to her school and volunteering to help out with class things and sporting events. i want to play volley ball with her, take her to yoga classes, zumba, pilates and help her not to end up like I did. We love food, she is only 10 and a total foodie but she is also chubby for her age already and I am doing this for her and that is really the bottom line.

My surgery date is the 19th and I am both excited and nervous.

Like a lot of you, I don't see myself in the mirror either! I will think... "lookin goooood" and then I see a photo and I just almost die!

I want to be able to wear cute clothes again and I want energy!!!

I can't wait to hear from the people in this group who have had their surgery!

Will you be in Mexico too shelley?

Good Morning! I am a little nervous but mostly so ready to go! I go in for pre-op on Monday 7/16, have my EGD on the 17th and surgery on the 18th. I am on day 3 of the liquid diet and I have had a pretty good time of it. I found a 20g low carb, 180 calorie Slim Fast and it is very filling! Along with chicken and beef cubes, Water, SF Jello and Crystal Light, I am set. I started weighing on Jul 1 and am down 8lbs! Blessings to all July sleevers!

My big day was the 10th. The day of surgery was great, yesterday I was positively miserable and the slightest amount of liquids sent me into stomach spasms and throwing up. Today seems to have started out better and I should be leaving the hospital sometime this evening.

Hang in there everyone and just think how great we're going to look by this time next year.

Hi everyone, my name is Donna and I am scheduled to be sleeved on July 31st! It has been such a long journey, I can't believe I really have a date. I feel that my world has gotten smaller as I have gotten larger...I go out less and do things with people less...I am so ready to make new changes. I will be thinking of you all!

Hi Donna- we have the same date!! July 31st!! ;)

My name is Ayrika (pronounced Erica), my surgery is scheduled for July 31st. This has been a long journey (started in January). When I finally got my date, I started tearing up. So ready to do this. Good luck and may God bless all the July Sleevers on their new journey!!! :D

No Wildflower, I will be in Houston. Yikes... Is this a Mexico group? Sorry!

I'm scheduled in the morning Friday the 13th, Have to be at the hospital by 7:30am...8:30am procedure. So excited, the week of liquids flew by, I did great!! Have lost 8lbs as of this morning, will see what it is at the hospital in the am. I'll fill in as soon as I can...wish me luck! :D

Hello, everybody! I'm having my surgery on the 23rd and today was the first day of my liquid diet...yuck!

I'm pretty excited and nervous too. I still can't believe I'm doing this! I started thinking about gastric surgery several months ago and then started doing some research about it a few months ago. Less than two months after meeting with my surgeon for the first time, and I'm about ready to go!

I'm glad I found this website, as I feel that we can all learn from each other and get some great motivation too!

Hello loves :D

Im Desirae, im 18 and Im currently going on my second week of the Pre-Op liquid diet. Though the first three days where some of the roughest i've ever faced im doing well now! My surgery date is July 24th of this year. Im oh so terrified and excited all wrapped in!

Im going to be a college freshmen, and in the 18years have missed out on a lot because of my weight. When i drop my weight i want to rock a swimsuit without shorts, with confidence. I wasn't to ride a roller coaster and feel the rush everyone else feels. I wanna be able to share clothes with my friends and feel...Free :] Thats what im excited for!

Im haveing my surgery In Ann Arbor at Mott childrens hospital.

Hello loves :D

Im Desirae, im 18 and Im currently going on my second week of the Pre-Op liquid diet. Though the first three days where some of the roughest i've ever faced im doing well now! My surgery date is July 24th of this year. Im oh so terrified and excited all wrapped in!

Im going to be a college freshmen, and in the 18years have missed out on a lot because of my weight. When i drop my weight i want to rock a swimsuit without shorts, with confidence. I wasn't to ride a roller coaster and feel the rush everyone else feels. I wanna be able to share clothes with my friends and feel...Free :] Thats what im excited for!

Im haveing my surgery In Ann Arbor at Mott childrens hospital.

Hello fellow July Sleevers, well, my big day was July 18th. I was doing well in the hospital, no problems, but please remember to get up ASAP after surgery and start those hall walks. It really helps. Once they took away my happy pump :D and I was released, things turned a bit sour. Just getting home in the car was painful but I got home and stayed on my 6hr pain med and you will not fee like it but KEEP SIPPING! The fastest way to get better is do what you are told! Have someone help you because without my husband gently reminding me to sip I may not be as far as I am right now. Today I finally feel human again. The pain in the upper chest/shoulder area is the worst, and the GAS-X strips really do help. Along with (farting).....

For a brief moment on Thursday I felt like, "WTH have I done?" but already I am down 13lbs and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

God Bless and I already am so thankful I did this. You will be too.

Finally I feel like me again!!!

It was a rough few days, but I can see the light shinning now. I actually feel good. Have lost 18lbs and returning to work on Tuesday 7/24. Starting my exercise program Monday morning. So excited!!