Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy About Some Nsvs Today...

I'm on a business trip - the 2nd one I've taken since surgery and losing almost 67 lbs.

- When I went to pack my suitcase I found that the majority of my suits no longer fit; fortunately I had two that fit nicely -

looser than I ever remember being able to wear them. One of them has always been my favorite.

- Wore a favorite suit today that, as best I can remember, I have not worn in 8+ years. Felt great just walking

around in it and when I looked at myself in the mirror from the side I saw nice curves - instead of bulges

- Before I left I realized it was time to buy new underwear - two sizes smaller - let alone a new smaller slip too. Both fit

nicely, thank you very much :)

- went out to eat and my napkin did not fall off my lap! Seriously this is huge to me. I've got to believe others

can relate to this. Before I would go through numerous napkins when going out to eat. It was especially

embarassing when with a group. My napkin would fall off my lap very shortly after placing it there; then I

couldn't reach down to pick it up. So I'd ask for another or take an extra from the table only to have the

same thing happen again. Of course, no one ever said anything and I tried to act like nothing was wrong but

this really bothered me. I guess I finally have a lap again :)

- am enjoying compliments from many people who I haven't seen in a month or so and who can't get over how

much weight I've lost

- it's just so great to be able to sit on the plane and not use an extender belt. I even bought my own years ago

since I was always embarrassed to ask for one.

- caught myself just naturally crossing my legs the other night; whoa didn't even know I could do that again

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing these with you. I always enjoy reading everyone else's and 'm looking forward to lots more to come.

Susie

post like yours make me feel, that i can do this.... I am having mine on Saturday (23) in mex... and now that the day is getting closer my mind is tricking me, a lot of thought.....

Susie, I love reading these too! I can relate to many of these too! Congratulations to you!!

Great NSVs! It's always great to have something unexpected happen which makes you feel wonderful . Here are some of mine,

-getting in the car, after my slim daughter drove it, and fitting without having to move the seat (I used to have to move the seat before I could even get into the car!)

-being able to fit in a student desk (I am a high school teacher)

-going to a restaurant and ME being able to choose to sit in either a table or booth

-putting my seat belt on and thinking "wow- this is pretty long now" -no more seat belt extenders

-seeing a dress in BJs and buying it without trying it on- when I got it home, it not only fit but it actually looked good!

-going on vacation and realizing that I no longer have to panic if my luggage gets Iost since I can now shop anywhere)

-being EXCITED about getting dressed for my husband's business parties because I have a cute dress to wear and I am actually PROUD of the way I look!

- feeling my collar bones!

-wearing a necklace without an extender !

-stepping on a scale at the regular Dr.s office and being congratulated -not scolded- about the number

I was a size 28 or 30 dress- now I am a 14. (EVERY 14 actually fits now!). (btw I was sleeved 12/11 but I also was on a high Protein diet for many mos. pre-op)

The sleeve is the BEST thing I ever did for me. It has forced me to take care of myself and put myself first.-which has made me happier, and those around me happier!I have more energy to take better care of my family.

Susie,

That is SO GREAT! I am so excited for you!!! What a great pep talk for the rest of us! :) I can't even imagine what it would be like to cross my legs! You Go Girl!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,

Lisa

That's awesome. You must feel so good about the new you!

I love NSV's, especially ones that really reaffirm why we made this decision! Congrats to you for rocking your sleeve AND your clothes! :)

Wow, I love hearing stories like this. I am only 2 weeks out and I had my first real nsv on Sunday.

We went to my parents and my son had my car so I had to ride in my husband's truck for the first time since last fall. It was very hard to get up and into because of surgery, but when I did my husband handed me a tummy pillow and then I panicked because I realized it didn't have the seat belt extender. However, I was actually able to use the pillow and put the seat belt on and for the first time I was able to connect it myself and there was room between me and the seat belt. Normally my husband would have to get in the truck and then click the seat belt in for me. Also when he shut the door I braced because normally the door would hit my hip and leg and it didn't. I lost weight previous to the surgery as I followed the low carb high Protein plan for pre-approval, but I had not been in the truck since before i started and I didn't even realize how I would brace for getting hit by the door, or how I would panic over not having the seat belt extender we always had to use. It was a great feeling.

I LOVE reading NSV's !!!!! they are since inspiring and motivational....keep 'em coming!

Great job, all of you!

Add me to the list of those who love reading these! Well done!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Congrats to u ! I can't wait to get there. Thanks for sharing ur story. Amazing and inspirational. Ty

LOVE IT! Whoo hoo! Celebrate!!!

Thanks so much to all who replied. I thank you for the compliments and loved seeing NSVs added from others as well. Your responses are so encouraging.

To those who are still pre-surgery; it won't be long before you are writing your own NSVs. I was on this board for 6 months or so before having surgery and it was a great resource so I know where you are coming from.

RosieSweetie - I loved your NSV about not having to worry about losing luggage since you can shop anywhere now. My husband and I love to cruise and we go on at least two a year. Of course the shops on board probably carry XL at the most. I've never been able to shop in them. We are going on our next cruise in August and, if things continue to go as they have, I should be able to pick up some cute top or something. In fact, now that I think about it I am going to make it a point to do so (even if I think the price is ridiculous which they usually are :)

As we continue this journey together, please continue to share NSVs. I love reading them too!

Susie

Thanks so much to all who replied. I thank you for the compliments and loved seeing NSVs added from others as well. Your responses are so encouraging.

To those who are still pre-surgery; it won't be long before you are writing your own NSVs. I was on this board for 6 months or so before having surgery and it was a great resource so I know where you are coming from.

RosieSweetie - I loved your NSV about not having to worry about losing luggage since you can shop anywhere now. My husband and I love to cruise and we go on at least two a year. Of course the shops on board probably carry XL at the most. I've never been able to shop in them. We are going on our next cruise in August and' date=' if things continue to go as they have, I should be able to pick up some cute top or something. In fact, now that I think about it I am going to make it a point to do so (even if I think the price is ridiculous which they usually are :)

As we continue this journey together, please continue to share NSVs. I love reading them too!

Susie[/quote']

I am still preop (surgery june29) but this morning I was able to put on a pair of capris that I bought last year and could pull up over my hips! Made me feel great about preop diet!!

Congrats, expect more NSV's on the way!

I hadn't noticed the napkin not falling off and I remembered when I read your comment how often I would have to pick it up off the floor and now I don't. Just actually HAVING a lap is a big change :)