Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Recieved Plastic Surgery In Mexico?

Tell me about your cosmetic surgery; did you get it done in the US or MEXICO? Did insurance cover if in the US? If so ; on what grounds?

And are you satisfied with the results?

My pcp told me a while ago that she can probably get the insurance to pay for plastic surgery/skin removal as long as its documented well and can be considered a health risk physically or mentally

So I was doing an exam on a patient that took about four hours, so we had a lot of time to talk, and she was ten years out and her insurance covered everything from surgery to plastics. She worked for an insurance company so knew the ins and outs, and for blue cross blue shield there is a statement that says(something along these lines) "If we approved you for one surgery and you have a problem or need for something else we will approve that" lol I am sure in better terms but pretty much they approved the bariatric surgery which caused the excessive skin, so they approved the plastics..... worked for her... wouldn't hurt to look into through your company, she said they told her no twice till she got a copy of there stuff(not sure what its called) and could point it out to them.

but since I don't have awesome insurance id like to know about mexico!!

I'll be going to Dr Camacho-Melo in Mexico for plastics. going thru www.mexicosurgerysolutions.com for everything. Even thinking of lasik while I'm there. Anyway. He's pretty renowned. If Ur thinking plastics he's who ppl go to

I would also look into local prices, for most of my area the price difference is around $800 - $1000 cheaper. Once I factor in travel and all that stuff it isn't worth it. A lot of procedures are cheaper than people think!

A very highly recommended surgeon in Mexico is Dr. Sauceda. There is an entire forum devoted to him on obesity help. http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Dr_Sauceda_Patients/

I am still saving up $ and trying to lose the last 15 pounds, but I've been researching doctors & he seems to be the most highly recommended in Mexico to specialize in people who have lost more than 100 lbs.

Anyone have any knowledge of ballpark Mexican prices for plastics such as lower body lift and arm lifts etc?

I'm interested in this topic too.

I am looking at paying around $6000 for Tummy Tuck, breast augmentation with lift, Lipo where needed, and Brazilian butt lift at clinica Jerusalem.

I am looking at paying around $6000 for Tummy Tuck, breast augmentation with lift, Lipo where needed, and Brazilian butt lift at clinica Jerusalem.

When are planning on having your surgery?

If you check out the plastic surgery board on OH there are a lot of ppl who went to Mexico. There is even a forum for patients of Dr Sauceda who seems to be very good. I'm still pre op but already looking into plastics since I know I'm going to need some.

So I was doing an exam on a patient that took about four hours' date=' so we had a lot of time to talk, and she was ten years out and her insurance covered everything from surgery to plastics. She worked for an insurance company so knew the ins and outs, and for blue cross blue shield there is a statement that says(something along these lines) "If we approved you for one surgery and you have a problem or need for something else we will approve that" lol I am sure in better terms but pretty much they approved the bariatric surgery which caused the excessive skin, so they approved the plastics..... worked for her... wouldn't hurt to look into through your company, she said they told her no twice till she got a copy of there stuff(not sure what its called) and could point it out to them.[/quote']

I work for a major health insurance company & am a nurse. The only circumstance that our plans cover removal of excess skin is when it presents a health issue & the main (99%) area is the stomach.

It is not called a Tummy Tuck, where they remove the excess fat, skin & the plicate (sew to reinforce) the abdominal wall-- which is going to get you the best result; rather it is a panniculectomy. That means they remove only the excess skin that folds over.

The requirement is extensive documentation of skin irritation, fungal infection, wound breakdown etc.

This is entirely different from the approval process for breast reconstruction after cancer--which can be done for physical and / or mental cause.

But again, would encourage anyone with insurance to check out their own coverage benefits.