Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay I really dont....but Ive just been so grouchy, moody, emotional lately. Ive taken two days off work because I cant even face people there right now. Ive been in a bad mood since last Friday. My surgery is scheduled for July 11th and I dont know if that has anything to do with it. My preop starts on Tuesday June 26th. I have so many things going through my head right now like;

-Im so fat right now

-I just wish July 11th would hurry up and come

-How will I make it through the Pre-op?

-Im so fat right now

-What if this surgery doesnt work for me?

-What if Im always going to be this size?

-How did I let it get to this point?

-Im so fat right now

-I hope I wake up

Just to name a few.

Honestly if it wasnt for futureskinnypants I probably would have cracked by now.

Did anyone else feel so blue immedialtey before the surgery?

Yes, I was the same exact way! I could take your head off in one swipe!!! Wasn't sure I was making the right choice, was the heaviest I've ever been, was ashamed to be seen in public, snapped off everyone's heads including family!

It's common.....It;s your nerves! This will be the best choice you'll ever make....TRUST ME!!!

Just warn everyone that your a little on the grouchy side and to stay outa your way! You'll be fine!!!

;)

21 pounds gone in just over 2 weeks!

I got extremely bitchy for a while. I think I was having withdrawls from carbohydrates, pop, and everything else I gave up when I started the pre-op diet. I was sleeved May 20th and still have moments of pure bitchiness.

P.S.....I went to Mexico so I was also worried about that!

congratulations boots and mkardh and thanks for the response. Im so looking forward to being where you guys are right now!

Mimismom~you know it's a lot to deal with. I am saying a prayer for you right now...hang in there. July 11th will be here soon.

Thanks Annette :)

congratulations boots and mkardh and thanks for the response. Im so looking forward to being where you guys are right now!

Yes, It will be here and over with before you know it! Hang in there and just remember that hormones and carb withdrawls can do weird things to your body! You may also expect the same afterwards because those hormones are stored in the fat you'll be shedding. Just take a deep breath and remember it's not you....it's your hormones and you'll be just fine!

The anxiety alone put me in a whirl wind of moods. My goodness, you don't have much time left till surgery! Use this time to prepare,,make it part of the process so you can get motivated. Before you know it the big day will be here! Good luck,,I hope things look up for you soon :)

I'm very anxious right now. My surgery is 7/3 and I'm going to the DR. Im hiding out from friends and somewhat down. Counting down the days...

Okay I really dont....but Ive just been so grouchy, moody, emotional lately. Ive taken two days off work because I cant even face people there right now. Ive been in a bad mood since last Friday. My surgery is scheduled for July 11th and I dont know if that has anything to do with it. My preop starts on Tuesday June 26th. I have so many things going through my head right now like;

-Im so fat right now

-Im so fat right now

-Im so fat right now

-I hope I wake up

Just to name a few.

Honestly if it wasnt for futureskinnypants I probably would have cracked by now.

Did anyone else feel so blue immedialtey before the surgery?

I sure did :) It's a very normal emotion to feel. You've got many thoughts going through your head and each one has a certain emotion attached. It makes perfect sense you are not sure how to feel so you come up with anger.

Here's the Breakdown:

-Im so fat right now : Apathy

-I just wish July 11th would hurry up and come : Anxious

-How will I make it through the Pre-op? : Worried

-Im so fat right now : Self loathing

-What if this surgery doesnt work for me? : Pessimism

-What if Im always going to be this size? : Feelings of failure

-How did I let it get to this point? : Concerned

-Im so fat right now : Optimism

-I hope I wake up : Fear of the unknown

How does someone deal with all those feelings and emotions? Exactly the way you are. I'm going to be honest here, after surgery isn't easier. You're going to continue to have a million emotions like a rollercoaster. HOWEVER, all of them will be worth it. I say it's about one year out when I finally settled in to the new me and began to accept all of this for what it is, and for me it has all been positive.

All the best!!

I was grouchy but it was all stress. I also went to Mexico so I had that added stress. But it was the best thing I've ever done for myself and I'm so glad I did it.

-Im so fat right now

That's why you are having this surgery. You are doing something about your health, be proud that you are not sitting back doing nothing but complaining about it.

It's coming! Get busy take on one more project at home you can finish before the surgery. Give your bathroom a make over, rearrange your living room, paint the guest room, go to a movie, volunteer somewhere, that will help kill some time

One day at a time. Don't focus on how much longer you have to go, focus on how far you have come, it will be over before you know it. Seriously don't count down until at least the halfway point

-Im so fat right now

Me too

Don't sabotage yourself before you even start! Do you have a good plan in place that sets yourself up for success? Exercise plan is equally as important as food.

Your not. Stop thinking like that. Seriously

Probably the same way as most of us did. By over eating, comfort eating, poor diet and lack of exercise. You can't change the past, it's already done. You can make the future better and you are taking steps to do that. It's ok to reflect on the past and learn from it but don't beat yourself up, move forward!

-Im so fat right now

Not for long! Woot woot!

-I hope I wake up

You will. Most people die from complications not on the table. :)

Yes, I did. And to be truthful, as Lil Miss Diva says, it continued after my surgery too. I was biting everyone's head off and reacting poorly. I was not sure if it was related to the upcoming surgery, being uncomfortable and getting used to the schedule post surgery, or if it had something to do with being peri-menopausal since I had other symptoms (racing heart, not sleeping well, etc.). Two weeks after surgery I went to see my PCP and she prescribed a low dose anti-depressant. It took about a week and I started noticing a real difference. I'm much calmer, sleep good and my racing heart has gone away too, etc. It's a very small pill so I'll bet you'll be able to take it soon after surgery.