Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Months Post Revision - So Incredibly Pleased With My Results!

I started my pre-op diet 11/28/11 at 308; weighed 300 on the morning of my surgery 12/12/11. I was warned that since i didn't do well with the band, I might be a slower loser, i might have learned to "stuff" my esophogus and have poorer results. Well, all I have to say is if my results are "poor", I don't know what good results would look like!!! Yesterday (Monday) I weighed in at 212#!!! 96 pounds shed since I started that pre-op diet. I can hardly believe it.

I went on an annual camping event and one person didn't even recognize me! I feel like myself again. I feel like the person who is capable of doing physical things, enjoying my horses, playing with my dogs, going for hikes all the stuff I used to love. My life is oh so much better.

I have a ways to get to my goal, but honestly, I feel like I have already succeeded - my main objective was to improve health and have a better life and that has already happened! I don't have to shop the plus sections anymore!

The band was a struggle for me, for probably lots of reasons. I tried to learn from that experience and apply to the sleeve but also to let go of the negatives of the band. I can eat salad, I can eat veggies, actually I can pretty much eat anything with the sleeve, just in small portions. I don't need to eat "slider" foods because I no longer fear vomiting, I am actually satiated after meals. I am not in pain and still hungry, I feel pretty normal.

I know that the long term maintenance is the real battle, but I feel like I finally have a tool to help me succeed!

I was terrified of this surgery since the revision risks are definately higher then a "virgin" sleeve, but for me, it has been just a marvelous journey so far! I am so glad I took this risk, this chance, to get my life back.

So happy for you. I get so emotional when I hear of everyone's success - because I know what it has meant to me. Good luck.

PLEASE consider reading the book - "The Power of Habit" - it is eye-opening.

Thank you for posting this. I am about a week away from surgery, and reading these sorts of success stories help keep me focused on the positive and not on the nerves and fear of the unknown.

I am going to my pre-op appointment this afternoon, and start my 1 wk liquid diet tomorrow. I want my life back, and I want my health back. That is why I made the decision to do this, despite a huge fear of surgery.

I'm so very happy of your accomplishment, and will look forward to the day I can write a similar post! Wahoo! :P

Pookeyism,

There are two different books on Amazon entitled "The Power of Habit". Who is the author, please?

Thanks.

awesome!

Thank you so much for posting! I am a revision patient as well....1 week post op, and my Doc said the same about me and the weightloss will not be the same as virgin sleevers....I believe I will lose all of my weight....I thank you so much, you gave me hope!

Thank you!

Thanks for sharing everyone... I am "anded" also and waiting for Ins. approval for the conversion to sleeve... I love reading the stories... Thaks again...

Love this post. Im 3.5 weeks post revision surgery and there are people who had the same surgery date as me and have lost more weight. I have lost 21 lbs since surgery which is awesome but Im also in a stall and start to wonder if Im doing something wrong. Im still on a pureed diet so im hoping once Im able to get more calories in then the weight will start coming off. I too was warned about slower weight loss than virgin sleevers so I just hope that i dont get too impatient. :)

Oh Amber... I really hope things pick up for you too.. That is my biggest concern... not losing the weight... It was slow going with the lap band... and I'm hoping that the sleeve will be faster...

For me, It took forever to get the band tight where I could and would lose weight and then, I started having the problems with the blockages...

Since removing the Fluid from my band... I've gained about 20 lbs back... which is so discouraging. My conversion is not scheduled until August 9, so, I'm a big concerned about the continued weight gain....

That sounds like the same progress I made - I think losing 21 in 3 weeks is excellent start. It is very normal to have stalls, I certainly did, at that 2-3 week post op mark.. I have kept up pretty good steady losses, month after month... it really adds up. I think the key is to keep pushing when the weight loss slows down - increase exercise intensity, change up the food etc.

Love this post. Im 3.5 weeks post revision surgery and there are people who had the same surgery date as me and have lost more weight. I have lost 21 lbs since surgery which is awesome but Im also in a stall and start to wonder if Im doing something wrong. Im still on a pureed diet so im hoping once Im able to get more calories in then the weight will start coming off. I too was warned about slower weight loss than virgin sleevers so I just hope that i dont get too impatient. :)

Yay! That is awesome news. I too have done amazingly well with the sleeve. I LOVE hearing success stories!

Oh Amber... I really hope things pick up for you too.. That is my biggest concern... not losing the weight... It was slow going with the lap band... and I'm hoping that the sleeve will be faster...

For me, It took forever to get the band tight where I could and would lose weight and then, I started having the problems with the blockages...

Since removing the Fluid from my band... I've gained about 20 lbs back... which is so discouraging. My conversion is not scheduled until August 9, so, I'm a big concerned about the continued weight gain....

If you can, try to reign it in now. I had my Fluid removed from my band in May. I gained 10 pounds just in the couple weeks between the fluid removal and the start of my preop diet. I feel/felt so disheartened by that. Try to still eat by "the rules" even without the fluid. I NEVER would have thought I would "miss" my fill, but I did because even though it never helped me feel full, it kept me from eating because of the fear of throwing up.

Good luck to you!

Good job Jane!!! Sounds like we had similar experiences with the band. You're an inspiration.

I am attempting to add my before picture and something pretty recent. That is my "riding outfit" in my photo from a few weeks ago. I am not actually as lumpy in the midsection as it looks, that is the mostly the clothes! My inner thighs are horrible, but it is a small thing compared to my overall LOVE of my new body!

What i notice the most is my face. You can actually see my features instead of that moon faced look that the really obese get. I feel so much more "normal" now.

post-12388-13813659063209_thumb.jpg

post-12388-1381365906466_thumb.jpg