Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone??

Brooksville, Fl........

Woohoo for Tampa! :)

Hey Wishes! I am about the same size as you were. I'm 5'3" HW 250 - just had surgery. You have lost SO much weight since September! That is inspiring! What did you do (other than getting the sleeve)? Any specific diet/workout regimen? I was originally thinking my GW should be 120, but my mom is the same height as me and 124, she looks sickly to me. I put mine at 130, but I still don't know. I guess everyone is different, but it's rare to find someone as short and as heavy as I am. Congrats on your success! Do you have any before/afters?

And Kimberly - Brooksville isn't far!

Hey all- My husband just got a serious job offer from a guy in Tampa. I can not pull up much on Tampa in the way of what suburban life is like around there, or what parts of the area are more desirable than others.... can you all give me any insight? You can PM me if you have a lot to say, or right here is fine if the OP does not mind....

I live in the desert right now....the thought of this is a little overwhelming....

I am biased because I hate FL. It's way too hot and miserable! But, if you already live in the desert then it's not much different. And FL has one of the highest unemployment rates, so I would only move if it is indeed serious. As far as suburban life, Tampa is funny...you can be in a nice area and in then in the slums within a mile of each other. Carrollwood is a good middle class area that is close to everything. Lutz is nice too.

I am biased because I hate FL. It's way too hot and miserable! But' date=' if you already live in the desert then it's not much different. And FL has one of the highest unemployment rates, so I would only move if it is indeed serious. As far as suburban life, Tampa is funny...you can be in a nice area and in then in the slums within a mile of each other. Carrollwood is a good middle class area that is close to everything. Lutz is nice too.[/quote']

Well it would definitely be because of a specific job opportunity. My husbands field is very specialized do it's not hard for him to land a job. We're sick of land locked desert life. We want green stuff and water! There's some nice looking stuff 30 minutes NE of Tampa... Wesley.., something? Is that area good?

OH...Pebble Creek too...that's close to Wesley Church. Looks interesting.

Well it would definitely be because of a specific job opportunity. My husbands field is very specialized do it's not hard for him to land a job. We're sick of land locked desert life. We want green stuff and water! There's some nice looking stuff 30 minutes NE of Tampa... Wesley.., something? Is that area good?

OH...Pebble Creek too...that's close to Wesley Church. Looks interesting.

Yes, Wesley Chapel is a nice area too. Again I mean nice for Tampa anyway. ;) It's not really that colorful in FL. I really want to move up north to New England where they actually have seasons. The only seasons we get here are Summer and Hurricane. The heat is humid and sticky. I live in Lutz. I like it and the schools are excellent. It's close to Carrollwood and Wesley Chapel. What kind of work does hubby do?

The color we have here is brown. Dirt and weeds. New Mexico has some pretty places, but they're brown too. Trees and grass (other than pine trees) would be soooo nice.

He's a draftsman. He draws precast concrete structures, so the local economy doesn't really effect his work. They do jobs for people all over the country. He almost got to do some work on the new 49er stadium, but they ended up not getting that bid. These guys in Tampa really like him.

That is one nice thing about New Mexico. There are four definite seasons if you like the changing weather. We've come to dread the cold of winter. Believe it or not, a couple years ago, we had 20 below a few times!! I've always said I'd like to live where it never gets much below 75!

Ha! Chapel, not church....

You would love it here then! It's hot as heck here in the middle of December! We do have a some cold days/nights, but they are sporadic, usually followed by a warmer day or two. :) I would just love to experience an Autumn. We don't have those here. When do you think you will move?.

You would love it here then! It's hot as heck here in the middle of December! We do have a some cold days/nights, but they are sporadic, usually followed by a warmer day or two. :) I would just love to experience an Autumn. We don't have those here. When do you think you will move?.

Well, he's going to have a more serious conversation with this guy on Saturday to see if it's a fit. If so, he'd fly him out there to check the place out and talk more. He's looking to hire in 6 months or so. We have a house to sell too. :s

We have a lovely autumn here (nothing like the north east, but...) and we have our balloon fiesta in october which is really fun if you've never seen hundreds of hot air balloons all at once....;)

This is looking more like its going to happen!

The guy is going to fly us out there in a few weeks....

Congrats! Keep us posted!