Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coordinaters Who Talk Smack..

I got sleeved on June 7 by Dr. Kelly. I'm an MD. I think that qualifies my opinion.

If he had a drug problem, he got over it. That, in my opinion, is a tremedous achievement. I can assure you that he is not using drugs now.

I had the opportunity meet his daughter and talked extensively with his wife Cecy and his coordinator, Omar. I also spoke with him on several occasions, of course.

The hospital he was using wanted an exclusive on his surgical cases, which in turn would increase the cost of surgeries. We had our fluroscopy (leak test) at that hospital. I did not pick up that he was persona non grata at all. I was very pleased with the hospital he is using now.

Coordinators! Give me a break! Loosing a $2000 comission per case would motivate them to bend the truth to their favor. Don't you think?

Yes, there was a death. That is a surgical risk. I knew about it before being operated on, and I still chose Dr Ramos Kelly.< /p>

To this day, I continue to recomend Dr. Ramos Kelly to members of this forum, and to my patients.

I hope this helps to clear up the slanderous comments about this Team.

I got sleeved on June 7 by Dr. Kelly. I'm an MD. I think that qualifies my opinion.

If he had a drug problem' date=' he got over it. That, in my opinion, is a tremedous achievement. I can assure you that he is not using drugs now.

I had the opportunity meet his daughter and talked extensively with his wife Cecy and his coordinator, Omar. I also spoke with him on several occasions, of course.

The hospital he was using wanted an exclusive on his surgical cases, which in turn would increase the cost of surgeries. We had our fluroscopy (leak test) at that hospital. I did not pick up that he was persona non grata at all. I was very pleased with the hospital he is using now.

Coordinators! Give me a break! Loosing a 2000 comission per case would motivate them to bend the truth to their favor. Don't you think?

Yes, there was a death. That is a surgical risk. I knew about it before being operated on, and I still chose Dr Ramos Kelly.

To this day, I continue to recomend Dr. Ramos Kelly to members of this forum, and to my patients.

I hope this helps to clear up the slanderous comments about this Team.[/quote']

Do you have any contact info for dr. Kelly?? Can't seem to find any online....

Do you have any contact info for dr. Kelly?? Can't seem to find any online....

Omar (619)395-5347

Thanks goofycathy!! I'll be calling soon!

Thanks for writing that, Alp50!!! Very well said. And the truth all the way around! :)

Gigimamma if you have any questions at all, I'm also a Kelly patient and doing very well. Please feel free to PM any time!

Thank you finding myself

Please know that coordinators are a form of sales representatives and they get paid based on the revenue they create. The coordinators ethics should be questioned not necessarily the Dr himself. Research, research, research. Do not be swayed by hearsay. They talked badly about Jesus and he traveled about doing good for 33 years. Not comparing Dr Kelly to C.J. but saying the premise is the same. Peace and blessings to all :)

If he had a drug problem, he got over it. That, in my opinion, is a tremedous achievement. I can assure you that he is not using drugs now.

Coordinators! Give me a break! Loosing a $2000 comission per case would motivate them to bend the truth to their favor. Don't you think?

Yes, there was a death. That is a surgical risk. I knew about it before being operated on, and I still chose Dr Ramos Kelly.

I hope this helps to clear up the slanderous comments about this Team.

That is excellent! It's great to hear the perspective of a MD regarding Mexican surgeons such as Dr. Kelly, and I'm glad your experience was as positive as mine.

I truly enjoyed TJ and think I may even plan to visit just for fun and shopping this Fall (and I live in LA, which is full of fun and shopping!). The care was far better than what I've received here in the states to be honest, and Dr. Kelly showed genuine care for my well being and spent nearly an hour talking to me personally the night prior to surgery about my health history. I really felt taken care of. He never once exhibited signs of having substance abuse issues, which is something I am personally familiar with. As far as I know, there is one confirmed death than happened over a year prior to ALM disbanding from him.

Anyhow, I think the surgeons in Mexico deserve a lot of credit and confidence- they are under far more of a microscope than those at Kaiser and other USA hospitals because they rely entirely on private paying patients like us, and we all report back on each detail of the care. As I finish my small plate of green Beans and truly feel full, I must say I am extremely happy with my VSG results from Dr. Kelly!

Like Boots, I too was sleeved in Tiajuana by Dr. Almanza at Jerusalem Hospital...i was there a few days prior to her..May 26 was original surgery date but when the ekg showed i had some irregular heart beats, they possed 3 alternatives...go back home and see cardiologist, wit til monday and see one in tj, or they could try to find one that would see me on the weekend and read the holter monitor test. i opted for them to go ahead and find someone wuickly as the other 2 would probably cost more in the long run. they found a cardiologist to hook me up on saturday evening and then to take it off and read on sunday morning....by 2 i was in surgery with meds to help the problem so i could go ahead with the surgery....my ex is a doctor and went with o make sure all was well there. he was impressed with the care and treatment of all the patients he saw there and going to and from the recovery house and the hotel...heard nothing but good things and saw nothing irregular...i was lucky to have a private suite right outside the surgical area since they needed to watch me....when the leak test was done for the group i ended up having surgery with, there were no leaks and we were all happy for that...only thing i think they could have done differently that would have made it better was to tell us to drink that nasty purple stuff for the leak test to drink it thru a straw so our teeth wouldnt get stained!!! on the way driving home we stopped at our regular mexican dentist near yuma to get it removed from my teeth....i needed to have a filling fixed to so it wasnt like i made a special trip for the dye...I would, and have, recommended him to others. they have a very competant staff..lupita found my vein first poke and i have had many horror experiences here in the states with them trying to poke me....since its family run, it was great to see the nephews helping out by getting us ice chips and kissing their uncles respectfully goodbye when they left....all visitors that came with the patients were invited to participate in the luncheon that was bought in for the staff before surgery started...i got a good look at some of the food as it went by...i opted for the hotel which was a bargain at 55 a night...gourmet chef on staff...all the broth and popcicles we wanted and close to shopping so went walking easily...there was a beauty shop practically next door so i treated myself to a shampoo...made me feel human again...and the girl there ran to the corner and got me a popcicle at the 7-11 type store to make my experience even nicer there! The mexican doctors have been doing this surger for 7 years now...way more than their U.S. counterparts...and yet they get a bum rap all the time....

Please know that coordinators are a form of sales representatives and they get paid based on the revenue they create. The coordinators ethics should be questioned not necessarily the Dr himself. Research, research, research. Do not be swayed by hearsay. :)

Yep I believe they get paid like $1000 per surgery. I imagine they pay all the fees like airport pick ups and shopping trips etc. But it puts it in perspective knowing how much money they can make per surgery and the competition for booking surgeries.

Dr Kelly sounds like a decent enough of a dr - has done a lot of surgeries. He made a lot of enemies when he went with his own private co ordinator instead of using all of the others. I can see why he did , when you think about the money he was paying out to them.

Yep I believe they get paid like 1000 per surgery. I imagine they pay all the fees like airport pick ups and shopping trips etc. But it puts it in perspective knowing how much money they can make per surgery and the competition for booking surgeries.

Dr Kelly sounds like a decent enough of a dr - has done a lot of surgeries. He made a lot of enemies when he went with his own private co ordinator instead of using all of the others. I can see why he did ' date=' when you think about the money he was paying out to them.[/quote']

Well said! Dr Kelly personally told me that the coordinators usually get 2k per patient!