Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coordinaters Who Talk Smack..

I heard similiar while in tj about Kelley. Not from my coordinator but.tjat he lost his privledges at all hosp but one. Its so hard.to deal with the drama when your trying to make this decision. I found Trish with Dr Ponce and had a wonderful experience. good luck in your search.

I agree. You should contact Dr. Kelly’s office directly and report their coordinators actions immediately! Coordinators are there to make your experience as easy and painless as possible' date=' not to put doubt and worry in your head! Sounds a little like a begrudged coordinator to me and she’s trying to get even by badmouthing!

I CAN TELL YOU FIRST HAND FROM EXPERIENCE that I was sleeved at Jerusalem Hospital by Dr. Almanza on May 31[sup']st[/sup] and would recommend them to EVERYONE! Took excellent care of me and the 8 other ladies there at the time! I have had no problems or regrets at all!

THANKS Dr. Almanza and Dr. Bendecourt! I loved you guys!!!

I also was sleeved by Dr. Almanza and he was GREAT!!! No problems whatsoever & would also recommend him;)

I emailed Dr Garcia. He responded and told me he does not condone that behavior and is taking care of it. I have however decided to have surgery with Dr Ponce on July 9th!!!! 3 weeks!!

I had the opportunity to meet with Dr. Garcia... very nice doctor he answer all the question i had' date=' but just like you to be able to have him i had to deal with a us coordinator (same as yours...) but when i started having issues with my diet (Im diabetic) and the coordinator couldn't not answer my question on it.... or I e-mail dr. Garcia (to the e-mail )they have given me and he didn't answer.....for me that was a sign that i have to choose some one else... so i choose Dr. Ponce, talking to Trish and talking to Dr Ponce made me confidence that he was the one... by the way trish works only for Dr. Ponce.[/quote']

Trish doesn't just work for Dr Ponce. She also Co ordinates for several plastic surgeons.

I had the opportunity to meet with Dr. Garcia... very nice doctor he answer all the question i had' date=' but just like you to be able to have him i had to deal with a us coordinator (same as yours...) but when i started having issues with my diet (Im diabetic) and the coordinator couldn't not answer my question on it.... or I e-mail dr. Garcia (to the e-mail )they have given me and he didn't answer.....for me that was a sign that i have to choose some one else... so i choose Dr. Ponce, talking to Trish and talking to Dr Ponce made me confidence that he was the one... by the way trish works only for Dr. Ponce.[/quote']

Trish doesn't just work for Dr Ponce. She also Co ordinates for several plastic surgeons.

Hey thanks for the info... good to know that she also coordinates for plastic surgeons

I went w/ Dr Alejandro Lopez and had a great experience. I was nervous because I could not find any reviews on him anywhere, but I talked to him on the phone, and his wife (who assists him during surgery/she is also a surgeon) and watching some of their videos on youtube, I decided I felt comfortable enough. From what I heard about Dr Kelly - ALM is no longer working w/ him because he *supposedly* developed a drug habit, and as a result, frequently patients started having complications (leaks and etc), and one patient died. ALM stopped working w/ him because they did not want his reputation linked to their other Drs and company as a whole. I am not saying this is true or not true, or that he does not do great work, I am just saying what I heard through the grapevine. I would do research and ask someone who would know more info about this Dr's reputation.

Dr Kelly? Drug problem? That makes me laugh that someone (coordinator) would stoop THAT low. One look at that athletic, healthy, well groomed, taken care of man would know that is the furthest thing from the truth. And I can GUARANTEE that anyone who has ever dealt with him would agree with me 100%

I'm actually offended that someone would even go that low. Someone obviously jealous that Dr. Kelly doesn't NEED a coordinator to bring in business like he does.

I sooo agree, Cathy. Ridiculous. Unless the average drug addict eats healthy, drinks black tea, works out daily, rushes to his patient's hotel room to check on them when they call while IN his gym clothes, participates in his community, takes good care of his family... I challenge the coordinator who made that claim to show her face because that is slander. What an idiot.

I emailed Dr Garcia. He responded and told me he does not condone that behavior and is taking care of it. I have however decided to have surgery with Dr Ponce on July 9th!!!! 3 weeks!!

You will be so happy with Dr. Ponce I went to him May 3rd and loved his team, he is such a caring and talented surgeon.. although i'm like the rest.. i think you couldn't go wrong with him or dr. kelly.. that's who i was always trying to decide between.. and trish is amazing it's nice to have someone there for you when you are there.. that you've already talked to and she made my stay in Tijuana effortless and fun!! I agree coordinators should not play games.. i can't beleive she said dr. kelly is a drug user, that would raise such red flags on that coordinator!! If you have any questions feel free to ask!! Take care!!

At least it sounds like Dr. Garcia is taking action. I work in the health care field. I've always said, "Your staff can make you or break you". I actually know that alot of these doctors are excellent professionals but sometimes people turn away from them because of the hired staff.

Best Wishes to you.

I went w/ Dr alejandro lopez and had a great experience. I was nervous because I could not find any reviews on him anywhere, but I talked to him on the phone, and his wife (who assists him during surgery/she is also a surgeon) and watching some of their videos on youtube, I decided I felt comfortable enough. From what I heard about Dr Kelly - ALM is no longer working w/ him because he *supposedly* developed a drug habit, and as a result, frequently patients started having complications (leaks and etc), and one patient died. ALM stopped working w/ him because they did not want his reputation linked to their other Drs and company as a whole. I am not saying this is true or not true, or that he does not do great work, I am just saying what I heard through the grapevine. I would do research and ask someone who would know more info about this Dr's reputation.

A Lighter Me said the same thing to me. Having worked with a lot of doctors that have marched that same path, I figured there were too many other doctors without a shady reputation to deal with.

I don't believe that about Dr Kelly there's too many good things said about him from his patients whoever said that just is trying to get your business shame on them...... My question is has anyone had the spider method done

Hello All,

Please keep the peace. These threads can tend to get a little heated, so keep the board rules in mind. Thanks in advance.

I had Dr. Kelly last November (after doing 2+ years of research). I am completely happy with the care I received and the wonderful results of my surgery (BMI 18.5!!!), Dr. Kelly occasionally emails me to see how my progress is. I sent a friend who chose Garcia after ALM said there were safety concerns with Dr. Kelly- she had a fine surgery, but after surgery she had major issues and it took 2 whole days to get ahold of Dr. Garcia OR ALM...she turned out to just be dehydrated, but her symptoms were quite alarming. Dr. Kelly responded to my calls and emails within 30 minutes. I am sure she would still recommend Garcia, but I am very very happy with Dr. Kelly and doubt any rumors about his character or work quality at this point.