Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coordinaters Who Talk Smack..

I was not too sure where to post this or even if I should post this but it has been bothering me since it happened yesterday.

I have been researching Garcia, Kelly and Alvarez. They all seem like great doctors.

Well i filled out each of their contact forms or emailed each of them.

I tell some coordinater with "alighterme" (responded to inquiry with dr garcia) which doctors i am looking at and mistaking alvarez for Almanza she immediately says " I would never to go hospital jerusaleum".. um ok ive done my research. But then she tells me she had surgery with Dr. Kelly last year and while he did a great job on her he has developed "certain Habits" and she would steer clear of him. I tell her i have done my research and he sounds like a great doctor. I am then told he is a drug addict. . WHOA. I havent talked to either doctor but insulting and slandering another professional is low and dirty.

When I proceeded to ask questions about how complications are handled with Dr Garcia, she couldnt answer that. So basically the only information I got besides price, was how terrible another doctor is.

I would never talk smack about the other tattoo artists in the other shop in my town (atleast not to my clients lol- maybe family). It really upset me and made me question Dr. Garcia

So statement is .. if you are trying to get my business dont try to run others down.

question is.. Do these coordinaters work FOR the doctor? I havent read of this specific coordinator before. Would Dr Garcia condone this type of behavior? I dont want to rule him out as my doctor if this isnt his fault.

I don't know anything about docs in Mexico, but I think its bad practice on the part of the coordinator. I'd get in touch with the surgeon and let him know what the coordinator is up to. Give him a chance if your research proves him to be a good doc.

I do believe that the doctors in Mexico employ coordinators to assist them in getting US patients, but I don't think they get involved in the methods that the coordinators use. Dr Garcia does not speak English very fluently, he speaks some, but he still can communicate pretty well. The coordinators usually represent more than one doctor.

Also, I had a couple of issues with A Lighter Me, but I did not let that deter me from choosing Dr. Garcia. I am glad that I chose him, I've had absolutely no problems since my surgery, and I spoke with a lot of his previous patients before I made my decision. I had to go thru A Lighter Me in order to be able to use my FSA to pay for the surgery.

I would love to talk to both Dr Kelly and Garcia but I am not sure how to reach garcia directly without getting a coordinator. I have a call in to Omar that I am hoping he returns tomorrow

Does anybody REALLY know what happened between kelly and alighterme? I am definetly giving Dr Kelly the benefit of the doubt on that. From what everyone says he is a terrific surgeon and man. seems like a whole lotta drama

The fact is you will probably never know exactly what happened between Dr. Kelly and the coordinators. I used obesitysolutionsinternational.com for Dr. Garcia and was totally happy with the experience. Dr. Garcia is a wonderful doctor and his staff is truly some of the best people I have ever seen. I am totally happy with my experience and would not change anything. With that said Dr. Kelly is also from what I have heard a great doctor as well. You will not make a bad choice with Dr. Garcia or Dr. Kelly. Do not let someone that will not be involved in your actual surgery deter you from making a decision on a surgeon. Either one would be able to change your life for the better. I have personal experience with Dr. Garcia recently on May 7th and he was very imformative and compassionate. He did a great job. I am happy with my decision and cannot imagine going to anyone else. I hope this helps and I am sorry you experience with an unprofessional coordinator has made you doubt Dr. Garcia and his capability.

Good luck.

Thanks girly that made me feel alot better. Ok So does anyone know if I can get ahold of Dr Garcia himself? even by email?

Your welcome I am glad I could help.

I am not sure how to get in touch with him personally. I did not speak to him before hand. I did all my research through people who had used him although I was very pleased with him after meeting him prior to my surgery in Tijuana. He is so very sweet and compassionate. He loves to answer your questions and is very concerned about your well being. He is a genuinely compassionate man and his staff displays the same attitude towards you.

Wow, I am very shocked about the accusations about Dr Kelly! He was nothing but nice to me when I was there, as was his wife Cecy & Omar (who also works with him).

I am not sure exactly why Dr Kelly chose not to work for A Lighter Me, but maybe if that is how they run things, that is a good reason!

I have only heard rumors as to why he left & not even sure if they are true. I heard that he found one hospital was having a lot of mistakes made at their facility so he chose not to work with them anymore.

Again, it is all rumors though, so not sure what to believe.

I would speak to the Doctors themselves if you can, see who you feel most comfortable with. Dr Kelly & Dr Garcia are both wonderful surgeons. I just happened to go with Dr Kelly as he had a bit more experience & I felt a good connection with him & his team.

Dr Kelly can be reached by contacting Omar at 619-395-5347 or wls-clinic@hotmail.com.

I agree. You should contact Dr. Kelly’s office directly and report their coordinators actions immediately! Coordinators are there to make your experience as easy and painless as possible, not to put doubt and worry in your head! Sounds a little like a begrudged coordinator to me and she’s trying to get even by badmouthing!

I CAN TELL YOU FIRST HAND FROM EXPERIENCE that I was sleeved at Jerusalem Hospital by Dr. Almanza on May 31st and would recommend them to EVERYONE! Took excellent care of me and the 8 other ladies there at the time! I have had no problems or regrets at all!

THANKS Dr. Almanza and Dr. Bendecourt! I loved you guys!!!

Meadowesky - sent you a private msg....

Dr Kelly told my wife and I that he didn't want to work with the Coordinators anymore. He decided to go on his own and hire Omar to work exclusively for him. Smart move in my opinion.

Don't base your decision on what the coordinators tell you. They are paid to only promote their doctors.

Do your research.

Choose a doctor based on their experience, bedside manner, how they interact with patients and their family.

In the end, ALL THAT MATTERS is the person holding the scalpel blade.

I had the opportunity to meet with Dr. Garcia... very nice doctor he answer all the question i had, but just like you to be able to have him i had to deal with a us coordinator (same as yours...) but when i started having issues with my diet (Im diabetic) and the coordinator couldn't not answer my question on it.... or I e-mail dr. Garcia (to the e-mail )they have given me and he didn't answer.....for me that was a sign that i have to choose some one else... so i choose Dr. Ponce, talking to Trish and talking to Dr Ponce made me confidence that he was the one... by the way trish works only for Dr. Ponce.

Anddddddddd reason #498573597536 while I love my Dr. Aceves...... :)