Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My friend had her surgery with Dr. Almanza 10 weeks ago and she is down 35 pounds. She has felt like crap for the past 4 to 5 weeks. I told her she may be dehydrated but she wouldn't go to the dr. Well she got really bad and went this morning and it turns out she was severly dehydrated and had a kidney infection.

We have to be very careful to get our fluids in. She says she couldn't drink Water that is made her sicker, but then would have a beer or 2 or 3.

I think alot of these horror stories come from stories like this one. Just sayin....

OMG! Yeah, that would do it.

With that said, I pray that she will be better soon.

OMG! Yeah, that would do it.

With that said, I pray that she will be better soon.

Thanks Shangefan..... She should be better as soon as she gets the antibiotics in her system. Her daughter had the surgery the same day and she is down 60 pounds and is doing great.

3 DAYS OF LAXATIVES!!!! OMG... MY POOR BUTT. LOL

wkeller & lovingmeforever that is awesome on your wieght loss, I'll bet you feel like a new person wkeller!!

I can't wait to get on the losing side.

Hi Donna,

I just emailed Melissa about the laxatives. She told me that the doctor recommends one dose three days before your surgery. That is also what Louise told me.

Hi Donna,

I just emailed Melissa about the laxatives. She told me that the doctor recommends one dose three days before your surgery. That is also what Louise told me.

OH GOOD, THANKS SHANGEFAN

Almanza was great- zero complications here and I'm down almost 100 lbs since surgery, which was just over 4.5 months ago.

There was one person there that had horrible pain but she also wasn't getting up and walking.

I walked every 1-2 hours after surgery and had zero pain by the next morning. No pain meds since the morning after surgery.

Complications can happen anywhere at any time. It's not distinctive to any particular doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

WOW Circa, 100 pounds in 4.5 months. Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing what are you doing that has contribute to your excellent weight lost. thank you:)

Johanna

Wow Circa what have you been doing, 100 pounds is amazing! Would you mind sharing?

I am looking forward to having surgery with him on July 9. I have absolutely no concerns. Hey Donna! See you there!

I will be sleeved on July 10 by Dr. Almanza. I will be traveling alone to Mexico. I can hardly believe we only have 2 weeks left before our lives change forever!!!

I'm so ready!! but I'm also getting a little nervous too. Not about Dr. Almanza or even Mexico... Just the drastic change. Soooooo Ready!!!

Donna, I feel the same way. And the closer it gets the more eager and nervous and excited and freaked out I become....lol

Just remember Ur in great hands and it is the rebirth to the new u

Thanks Strange, I think I'm mostly nervous because I will be having my Nissan Fundoplication taken down and then sleeved. Dr. Almanza said he has done a few and it's not a big deal but takes more time and I will have to stay at the recovery house the for an extra day. If it was ust the sleeve I would be all good. I know I'm in good hands though.

I cant wait for it to done!!!!!

Ur very welcome :) I've actually watched that being done and removed on YouTube and it looks pretty straight forward. I think Almanza has more experience than many other Drs so I bet it'll be a breeze.

I'll have to see if I can't find a video and watch it. You wouldn't have a link would you???

Girl, I bet you I have watched 200 surgeries lol. I know one for sure was Dr Alvarez, can't remember the rest. type in "fundiplication surgery" for sure. And there were some when I searched hiatal hernia surgery.