Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

From what she sent me it was 3 days for a bmi lower than 40 and I think I am at 37. I'm going to try to attach it here and you can tell me if it's the same thing you got.

Bariatric Surgery Pre-Op Diet and Instructions

Congratulations and thank you for choosing Mt Zion Medical for your Bariatric Surgery!

Please print out a copy of this and bring it with you as it includes important phone numbers and information you will need to have handy. 

One week prior to surgery:

Please stop taking any blood thinners, aspirin, and/or Vitamins that you normally take (doctor prescribed medicines are fine – if you are not sure, please call us).

If you are bringing a guest with you, please let us know in advance so that we can make sure there is room in the van at time of pick-up and a bed at the recovery house for them. If you are bringing a guest and the recovery house is full with patients, we will help them make arrangements to stay at the Marriott (the rate is about $85 US a night).

Three days prior to surgery:

Please take a laxative (1 laxative, 1 time, 3 days before surgery). This will help with the surgical gas and Constipation that comes with surgery.

You will need to be on a liquid ONLY diet. You may have broth, Jell-O, yogurt, sugar-free juice, any clear liquid, Boost, or Slim-Fast. NO SOLIDS of any kind. . This is the recommended pre-op diet for those with a BMI of 40 or below. PLEASE NOTE: A higher BMI requires a liquid diet 5-7 days prior to surgery.

Packing for your trip:

Make sure you have your Passport to cross the border.

Please bring your receipts of payment and your certified cashier's check made out to Jorge Fernandez if you have a balance. If we have made other payment arrangements with you, please make sure they are in order before heading to San Diego.< /p>

Please bring and wear loose fitting clothing so you are comfortable. Often you will be bruised and swollen after your procedure.

You will also want to bring some GasX STRIPS (not pills or chewables) with you.

If you will want to do any shopping, cash works better than credit cards with the local vendors.

Night prior to surgery (many of you will be staying in San Diego at your expense):

NOTHING to eat or drink after midnight

The Hampton Inn is a great option for your stay in San Diego. Our clients use them on a regular basis and are aware of your special needs. They can be reached at: 619-233-8408 or 800-426-7866. Let them know that your stay is for Weight Loss Services (Corporate ID Number # 0002723395). This will get you a room for $89.00 a night plus tax. You can call for their complimentary shuttle once you’ve gotten your baggage at the airport: 1- 619-233-8408. Upon check- in arrange for your morning shuttle back to the San Diego airport.

Morning of surgery:

Please be outside of JET BLUE Terminal 2 at 9:00 This is where you will be picked up. Once you arrive, please call Melissa @ 866-310-4625 She will alert the driver once everyone has arrived. If you run into any problems, please call us immediately.

Additional Information: 
There is a landline telephone with a US number (1-727-232-0619) at the guest house for you to use and for your friends and family to reach you during your recovery. There is also a laptop and free Wi-Fi for you to use while at the house. 

Please know that we will be here for you before, during your stay, and after your surgery to answer any questions or concerns you may have. We want your stay to be a happy, healthy one, so please let us know if there are any problems or issues and we will do my best to resolve them.

In closing, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail with any questions or concerns that might come up between now and your scheduled procedure.

IMPORTANT NUMBERS TO HAVE ON HAND:

Melissa Bracker 1-866-310-4625Louise Johnson 1-866-806-4286Guest House 1-727-232-0619

Hampton Inn Airport Shuttle/ Reservations 1-619-233-8408

Donna, it is the same, but the following was included in the email I received:

In reviewing your information, you will need to be on a five day preop diet, consisting of liquids, in order to prepare for surgery. Please review the attached preop instructions but follow them for FIVE days.

I think you are only three days because your BMI is under 40. Mine is 43, I think.

Hi Shangefan, yes 17 pounds. I am supper happy and feeling great. thank you:)

Donna, your preop is 3 days liquid and each of those days you have to take your laxatives.< /p>

OK, now I am confused. I specifically asked Louise about laxatives and she said to take just that dose three days before and no others. You took them every day, LovingmeForever?

Yes, one every day. I bought the ducolax.

On the day that you arrive in San Diego take it after you get to your hotel.

I had surgery with Dr. Almanza on August 26th of 2011 and am down from 386 to 228. 158 pounds. That is 57 bmi down to 33. Had a nice experience. Didn't take any pain meds after I got home, and didn;t need them. Probably would have gotten hooked on pain meds if I would have had it done in the states. Doctors in the U.S. like to give too much medicine. I think you will be fine there. Good luck!

WOW. Congratulations!!!

That is fabulous!! Congrats!

WKeller, you have lost 158 pounds in less than 10 months? Wow! Congrats.

3 DAYS OF LAXATIVES!!!! OMG... MY POOR BUTT. LOL

wkeller & lovingmeforever that is awesome on your wieght loss, I'll bet you feel like a new person wkeller!!

I can't wait to get on the losing side.

Yes Donna, be ready and after the first pill, I want you to know that it is not a waiting time. I took my 3rd pill as soon as I got to San Diego thinking that i will be ok to walk the city for a litlle bit...big mistake, thank god that I have a change of clothes with me. Lol.

My friend had her surgery with Dr. Almanza 10 weeks ago and she is down 35 pounds. She has felt like crap for the past 4 to 5 weeks. I told her she may be dehydrated but she wouldn't go to the dr. Well she got really bad and went this morning and it turns out she was severly dehydrated and had a kidney infection.

We have to be very careful to get our fluids in. She says she couldn't drink Water that is made her sicker, but then would have a beer or 2 or 3.

I think alot of these horror stories come from stories like this one. Just sayin....

Donna, you are right about having our fluids. I am 11 days post-op and feel great and I think it is because I drink all day and I am having my blended Soups every 3 hours.