Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't Judge Me (A Scenario)

So as I relax this Friday evening 3 weeks pre op with a crystal light mocktail in one hand, cell phone in the other, I wonder. How would marijuana affect my sleeve? Am I eternally banded from medicinal use of Mary (for my cateracs of course!) Any thoughts?

Any smoking post surgery is a really bad idea. Increased risk of clots, lung infections and poor wound healing due to decreased circulation. Wait till you are recovered, it isn't worth the high.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thank you Louisec.

And you do not want to get the munchie,,,, because you will be tempted to eat the forbidden food!

Yeah...having the munchies would really suck!! Start slow :)

Thanks guys. Just pre surgery jitters. Now that I gave up cigarettes I wanted a little soother but I did decide to skip it for now. Thanks again.

I've wondered this too. But after my research I decided that "smoking" it would not be a good idea. I do enjoy having a nice smoke every once in awhile but I don't want to risk anything. I've heard that vaporizing isn't harmful, I may be wrong (since I'm definitely not a doctor) but if you vape the weed, you aren't actually "smoking" it. Maybe do some research and see what you come up with :) I'm a week post op and might try vaping soon

I agree, ive wondered this same thing. I quit smokin ciggarettes this weekend as advised by my dr. and wondered about green. I think vaping would be alot less harmful. I think I will quit and maybe on special occasions indulge. I eat before I smoke so I dont get munchies and it would sabatoge me I think after surgery.

off topic a little I had major knee surgery in May 2011 and just had my one year apt with my orthopedic surgeon. He did come right out and asked me if I smoked marijuana and I was shocked he asked just on many levels. He wanted to inform me on how bad it is for your joint health and hard cartilage in your body and also a recent study done in great Britain that it cause lung cancer 30% more than cigarettes.

Whatttt???!!!! I have to research this! It just can't be...am I gonna have to divorce food and Mary Jane? Sad day for me. LOL!

Wow I had always heard that mj slows the development of the brain especially during the critical growth times during puberty but nothing else. Sad day yes but if its for your health well givin it up may not be a bad thing. Not sure how well quittin is gonna go.

VAping might reduce some of the toxins and carcicans but it does not eliminate them. And as you know, it doesn't stop the impact on your central nervous system. Remember you will be recovering from general anesthesia and will have a lot of drugs, possibly opiates, in your system. Don't add to the mix with something that alters your physical state.

Wait 6 weeks, until you know you have recovered from the anesthetic. Then, if you still want to use, vape. Smoking is just nasty.