Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That's true, Sleeve Dreamer! Maybe some folks are on the fast train, but it doesn't mean that fast is better than slow. :)

It is not very often that I go back and re-read a post that I read the day before, but this is one of them. Thank you very much for posting this.

Thank you to everyone for this post. I really needed to read this. It completely made my day!!! I'll just stay the course and not get discouraged.

Slow Losers please don't go away. You give me the courage to keep working my plan. I am five weeks and 15 lbs and have felt like such a failure. Please keep posting. I need to stay encouraged by all of you and hope I can help you. Hurray to us slowbies!

I'm officially a slow loser...

Great post! I lost pretty quickly in the beginning. I'm now eating 750 calories a day, getting all my Protein in, could do better on my fluids and exercising daily. There's quite a calorie deficit, but my body seems to lose a few pounds and stall, lose a few pounds and stall.

I like to get things done and while not losing fast doesn't sadden me, it does tick me off now and again because I don't know how I could be living healthier.

Then I remember that I can throw on my hiking boots and walk up mountains. Yesterday my husband FINALLY fixed my bike (I could have done it myself, but he promised ;-)) and we jumped on and took off for a ride before dinner.

I felt like a kid again!

So you all are right. I wouldn't trade this sleeve off for nothin'.

I am kinda happy now that there are other people like me "slow losers". I am 6 weeks out my band to sleeve revision and i only lost 15 lb while others lost 15-20 lb in first 2 weeks. This morning I was thinking what if I couldn't loose with the sleeve too and that feeling horrified me until I read this thread. This site really gives me motivation to stay focus and be positive. Thanks every one

I totally understand. I had the revision from band to sleeve and I am scared that this surgery will fail too! The band was a nightmare for me..never worked and I had fill after fill. I lost 34 lbs only to gain it back and 30 more. I had the sleeve 6/25 and the weight loss is getting slower and slower and I don't want to fail again.

I am doing what I am supposed to do but losing very very slowly! I needed this encouragement!

Thanks for the post, I also needed it! I basically lose about 2lbs a week since the first month of surgery which I was hoping for some big miraculous change in weight, I can't complain cause I get a little miracle every week.

"I might not be where I want to be but at least I'm not where I was!"

Ha-Ha I spoke too soon I have been stalled ever since I wrote this, I jinxed myself.. Oh Well I'm not on the slow train anymore I'm on the stuck train stranded in the Black Tunnel between stops..LOL Gotta Laugh! :wacko:

I too am a slow loser. Today is 7 weeks since surgery and I've only lost 32lbs. It's very discouraging but I'm glad I found this thread cause it now re-motivated me! Thanks guys!!!

Hey guys, you know what, I am the queen of slow losers and I still wouldn't trade my sleeve for anything. I have had mine for three years now and am not at goal. I was up to 115 pounds lost at one point, which was still 30 pounds from my goal. Due to recent back issue and steroid injections, I gained 30 pounds. But, the good news is this, even at three years out your sleeve will still work for you. I have finally leveled out on all my blood tests and my body is ready to once again let go of the weight. For the past three weeks I have lost two pounds a week and am thrilled with that.

I guess my point is, while most people lose the majority of their weight in the first year, I want you to know if you don't, that doesn't mean you have failed. You just don't lose as quickly as some. But we really shouldn't even compare ourselves to others, because everyone is different. Contrary to rumors out there, your sleeve will continue to work for you one, two, three years out and longer. I am proof of that.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Susan,

I did not realize you were three years out, that is FANTASTIC. Sorry about your back, you all are correct about the speed of our losses. We all lose and maybe we catch each other at different points of our journey just like Lissa said about herself, me and Pookeyism. We all have different BMI and different metabolisms. The best thing is we are all here living life, we have picked ourselves up, started out walking and have progressed to a jog or a run. Anyway going, we have taken our lives back-no more ridicule, we can buy clothes more easily off the rack, we have gotten healthy and we are starting to see and feel our accomplishments!

Each day I am thankful - I would not trade any part of this sleeve process, fast or slow (it took me 3 months to lose 20 lbs recently). Honestly, this has helped to make me a new woman!

Smiles and hugs to all!

Absolutely! You have no idea how happy it makes me when I go clothes shopping and walk right on by the "plus size" section. That makes it all worth it, lol. The clothes are much cuter now too!

Sent from my iPad using VST

HalfTheWoman: I was sleeved on the same day you were. I lost 10lbs on pre-op liquids. I have lost 17 post op. I lose one or two lbs then stall. It's driving me crazy. I'm trying to get 64 oz of Water and usually meet my Protein needs of 55-75 grams. I just started exercising by walking an hour a day. I would be happy with 15 lbs down each month but it looks like I will do about 5-8 l s each month at the rate I'm going.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I too am a slow loser. Today is 7 weeks since surgery and I've only lost 32lbs. It's very discouraging but I'm glad I found this thread cause it now re-motivated me! Thanks guys!!!

I'm 7 weeks out and have only lost 26! We need to keep each other motivated!

I'm 7 weeks out and have only lost 26! We need to keep each other motivated!

I'm five Weeks out with 26 lost...my doc said that is perfect. I stay motivated by not gaining lol scale moves slow but I look at it as slower you lose the less extra skin!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using VST