Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a slow loser too, and it does hurt to see others do better:( my friend lost 80lbs in THREE months!! all I wanted to do is cry!!!

What an amazing perspective on the ups and downs of weight loss. Thanks, I enjoyed reading this!

What an inspirational post! My surgery isn't until the 29th so I don't know if I'll lose it slow or not but it is one of the things you think about. Your post makes me "ok" with losing slowly if that is how my body wants to lose it =) Thank you for your perspective! So happy for you and your family, afterall we are all doing this surgery to be healthier and if our family becomes healthy in the process then we've gotten back more than money or any discomfort that it may have cost us. God bless you and your family on your continued success with your journey!!

I'm slow loser too but, I'll take my slow a$$ 1 lb per week over no loss. My hair is thining a lot. Would it be worse if I lost more weight or faster? Who knows? No problems hiding the fact I had surgery though. No one has notice I've lost weight yet.

Great post! Thanks! I am in the slow loser category also. A combo of age, not as much to lose and menopause I think. :) I have lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks. I just figure like you that maybe I will get lucky with the Hair loss if I lose slower. That way it will be worth it. Hang in there fellow slow losers! :)

Very well said LadyIvy! I can't say this enough, and yes I lost fast in comparison to some, but not nearly as fast as some others. Sure it got to me sometimes, but I always did my best to stay positive and remember that as long as I'm doing the right thing, the weight had no choice but to take an exit!

Keep up the excellent work for you AND your Hubby and son. :)

I really need to read this post today!!!.. Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks for the post, I also needed it! I basically lose about 2lbs a week since the first month of surgery which I was hoping for some big miraculous change in weight, I can't complain cause I get a little miracle every week.

"I might not be where I want to be but at least I'm not where I was!"

I think I've spotted something with the rate of weight loss for all of us. Some of us lose slowly to begin with, while others drop weight like crazy. But, at about 9-10 months out, we're all in a similar place. Several posters here posted at the beginning of their journey that they lose slowly, while I felt like the weight rocketed off of me until I hit about 6 months. Earlier this week, Pookeyism posted pictures and her weight loss is about 90 pounds, SandyD has lost 100 pounds, I've lost 100 pounds, and so have several other posters who were sleeved around the same time I was.

I haven't done charts and graphs (not my style) but it seems like we have all lost about the same amount of weight in the same amount of time. I realize that posters who have continued to post may be more dedicated than those who don't post often, but I think that we all lose about the same amount of weight if we follow our plan. What varies is how quickly the weight comes off in the beginning, but we all get to the same results as we get further post-op.

For me, it really reinforces that we need to continue to work our plans, even if it seems like we're losing very slowly. I'll keep watching it to see if the trend continues. :)

Yes, at the beginning it can be frustrating if you feel like you're losing slowly. I was losing quite quickly and now I've hit some mini-plateaus (every few days it stalls for 2-4 days).

I know it's reasonable for my body to be "adjusting". My head knows it, but my emotions are still all over the place when I get on that scale and it hasn't moved down, or worse still, has inched up a tad!

Reading this post has certainly helped me put things in perspective and I'm sure to revisit it over the next several months to help keep me on track!

Thanks for the "reality check"!

:)

I say "Hoorray" for all of us. We are more than what we weigh. The weight will go when it goes but we still have to Love ourselves in every stage of our life (or size) or what will this whole journey be worth.

Be Blessed Everyone!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this post. I am 10 days out and just saw a loss of 3 lbs yesterday. I needed to read this and know I'm not alone. To see that I'm not alone makes me feel soooo much. You have made my week. :)