Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What The He Double Hockey Sticks

BUYING PROTIEN supplements IS CONFUSING . I KNOW CLEAR THE FIRST WEEK BUT WHICH ON BESIDES Isopure. AND FOR THE powders GRRRRR WHICH ONE TO BUY. GRRRRRRRR

I also bought some of the Syntrax nectar. Not sure if it will work for Clear liquids (will ask my NUT when I go for my pre-op class next week). If its not okay'd for clears, I'm sure it will be okay for full. I also bought different brands of the unflavored to mix with broths. I went on BJs Bariatrics, unjury, and Nashua Nutrition to order sample packs.

When's your surgery scheduled for? I'm June 27th.

Anything that says whey Protein is top notch. Your taste changes after surgery so your best bet is to buy samples and try them out. I know the market is confusing. I love chocolate, but since surgery, I can honestly tell you that it's too sweet now. I stick with vanilla or strawberry. You just have to try. Good luck :-)

my favorite is Chike. i went through a lot before i found one that actually tasted good. but everyone has different taste. its a trail and error kind of thing. I got samples of a lot from a local hospital. they were like 2.50 a piece so I didn't waste a whole lot on something that i wouldn't drink. good luck! as fa a the clear goes, i dont really know. for 3 or 4 days after surgery i was doing good to get Water and broth down. I threw up a lot! but that was a side effect of anesthesia! That stuff is brutal on my body! http://www.chikenutrition.com/

What ever you buy you need to get it from a place you can return them if you dont like them. It all depends on your tastes. GNC has a great return policy. I prefer Gold Standard 100% Whey from ON. I like strawberry and Cookies and cream was pretty good too. The milk chocolate was good mixed with PB2 but it was gritty. I didnt like the bananna.

Hope that helps.

IM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT TASTE GREAT WITH Water

thats all i used with Chike. If you use hot Water with the chocolate, it taste like hot cocoa. the strawberry and vanilla are also good. this is the only brand that i found that wasnt chalky bitter or had a horrible aftertaste.

I like Cytosport whey isolate in the Tropical flavor - it's a ready to drink that to me tastes better than Isopure. I get it at the Vitamin Shoppe. They also make tangerine and watermelon. Its not a sweet at the other flavored shakes which is why it's my one of my go to Proteins. Also, the Unjury chicken broth makes for a great break from the shakes too and falls under the full liquid.< /p>

IM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT TASTE GREAT WITH Water

Premier shakes from costco are tasty, low sugar, not bad on the calories and high in Protein. They are pre mixed, however.

Premier shakes from costco are tasty' date=' low sugar, not bad on the calories and high in Protein. They are pre mixed, however.[/quote']

The Premier Protein Shakes are tasty and are available from Sam's too. For more info here is their website:

shake.html" rel="external nofollow">http://www.premiernutrition.com/protein-shake.html

0_27_43_chocolateshake.jpg

30g Protein

160 Calories

1g Sugar

The Premier Protein shakes are tasty and are available from Sam's too. For more info here is their website:

http://www.premiernutrition.com/protein-shake.html

30g Protein

160 Calories

1g Sugar

Oh!! SAMs too?! I did not know that!

Just noticed that the website http://www.premiernutrition.com/protein-shake.html

states that Meijer carries Premier Protein shakes too as well as online ordering.

i dont like premier its so dang heavy and i think it gave me gallstones. hee hee hee

i dont like premier its so dang heavy and i think it gave me gallstones. hee hee hee

Who could argue with a new grandmother? Congrats!