Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Internal Bleeding And Now Abscess

So, im writing this after having to swallow 8 pills. I had internal bleeding after my vsg surgery and they had to go back in to remove a softball sized clot...then I received 2 liters of blood. Once I started feeling better at home my back was hurting...it hurt to breathe in deeply. I mentioned this to my surgeon and he ordered a ct scan. The day after the scan I went in to discuss the findings and was kept in the hospital overnight given IV antibiotics for an abscess by my spleen. I refused a biopsy after they told me the risks so they gave me antibiotics to take home. Now I have to take 2 tabs of zofran (anti nausea) with the flagyl and cipro 2x a day and have to wrap the flagyl in tissue just so the taste doesn't make me vomit. During the day I take nexxium, my Multivitamin and Iron supplement. I take hydrocodone for the pain and my regular meds...ugh. ok, rant over.

Wow.. I am really sorry to read this. You are having a really tough time, but I think you will be well SOON. My thoughts are with you and I hope that you are feeling much better by the time you read this.

Oh my word! I hope you are feeling better soon and I am glad they found the clot quickly! Keep us posted!

So sorry to hear about your struggles. Hopefully that is all behind you now, and you start feeling well soon. Keep us updated about your recovery. Best wishes for health and healing!

Oh dear..... you have been through so much, you have every right to rant.... and then some. I hope you're on the road to recovery now and feeling better. Take good care of yourself :)

WOW!!!.. Best wishes for a speedy recovery... Stay encouraged and I hope things get much better for you quickly!!

Prayers and thoughts coming your way for a speedy recovery and improved VSG journey!!!

Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers...every positive thought helps...im trying to remain positive, but also not getting my hopes too high. Since starting the antibiotic therapy I've had less pain and am able to do more. And the tricks I've found to avoid extreme nausea are helping me deal.

Kitten, Hopefully the antibiotics will take care of that abcess in a hurry! Feel better soon! I'll pray for you. :)

So sorry...I hope only the best is ahead of you now. Positive thoughts coming your way.

I am going thru the same thing! I have a drain in my blood abcess, it hurts, had it for two weaks now! Just got my j drain out last week. My sleeve surg was june 23 and have had complications ever sence. The dr says HANG IN THERE SHANE! Easy for his skinny butt to say!

Well, the pain has subsided for me. Had ct scan yesterday, find out today from doctors what the results are. Here's hoping abscess is on its way out.

Good luck. My girlfriend said i jinkes my self cause i said i was gonna breeze thru, i think she was right, .....(as allways)

Wow! I feel so bad for you guys. I cannot imagine. I am praying for quick recoveries.

Any updates?