Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Pennsylvania Sleevers?

Yes! I was Sleeved 10-10-13 University of Pennsylvania hospital. Feeling good no complaints. Wish you the best.

I'm having my surgery there in November and my sister is having it this Thursday, how did everything go?? How was the care at the hospital?

Hi everyone! I'm from Philly as well. Just starting on my journey. I'm going to HUP and my surgeon will be Dr. Williams. Can't wait!

Anyone have Independence Blue Cross Personal Choice and has had the surgery? Just trying to get a feel for what the approval process will be like.

I have BCBS Personal Choice. I had my surgery done at Lehigh Valley Hospital with Dr. Harrison (General Surgical Associates). I did a 3mth program that was required by the Weight Management group there. Had an endoscopy a little less than a month before surgery. Spent 3 days in the hospital (longer stay due to nausea issues) and have lost 62lbs in less than 3mths. I didn't have any issues with insurance getting approved for anything.

The care is very great! I was very relaxed they took good care of me. And made sure my husband had a lounge chair to sleep in.Love Penn Presbyterian here now for my 2week follow up.

Im in philly! Sleeved on 10/14/13.

I'm in Philly surgery scheduled for Monday the 28th at penn hospital

I have BCBS Personal Choice. I had my surgery done at Lehigh Valley Hospital with Dr. Harrison (General Surgical Associates). I did a 3mth program that was required by the Weight Management group there. Had an endoscopy a little less than a month before surgery. Spent 3 days in the hospital (longer stay due to nausea issues) and have lost 62lbs in less than 3mths. I didn't have any issues with insurance getting approved for anything.

I have blue cross personal choice also. I am scheduled with dr. Williams on thursday 10/31/13. I got my approval as soon as i finished my tests. The process will take at least 4 months because of the 3 required medical weight management classes. I had my final weight management and psych eval on 08/29 and got my approval Oct 8. The office took care of everything. Good luck

As Salaamu Alaykum UmmIndia where were you sleeved at?

Yes! I was Sleeved 10-10-13 University of Pennsylvania hospital. Feeling good no complaints. Widh you the best.

I was sleeved on 10/10/13 as well! (In Harrisburg) I'm still feeling great... No complications here.

Congratulations 10-10-13.

I had Dr. Neale....great experience and the girls in the office are great!

Yes! Agreed! The girls in the office were super-helpful!

East of Scranton/Wilkes-Barre here! I just started working with Dr. Neale in Wilkes-Barre. I'd love to see an online support group for this specific area. Maybe even a Neale/Gerhart group? I live pretty far away so going to the support group is not an option. If any of you have ever been to the Pocono region, you know everything is far away! Happy to see this thread :)

I had Dr. Neale as well.... Sleeved on 9/12. I'd be all about an online support group for the area. There really aren't any that I've been able to find except for the one in WB, and that is a decent drive for me coming from the Clarks Summit area.

I had Dr. Neale as well.... Sleeved on 9/12. I'd be all about an online support group for the area. There really aren't any that I've been able to find except for the one in WB' date=' and that is a decent drive for me coming from the Clarks Summit area.[/quote']

How have things been going for you? I am hoping to have my done in January or February. My last nutrition if in the middle of December and I am getting so so excited!!

How have things been going for you? I am hoping to have my done in January or February. My last nutrition if in the middle of December and I am getting so so excited!!

I'm doing well Joy, thanks! I have my 6 week post-op appt today with Dr. Neale and am hoping to get the all-clear for working out. Hang in there!! I know the pre-op appointments seemed to last forever!! Right up until the day of my surgery it seemed surreal because I had waited for it so long. :-)

I had Dr. Neale as well.... Sleeved on 9/12. I'd be all about an online support group for the area. There really aren't any that I've been able to find except for the one in WB, and that is a decent drive for me coming from the Clarks Summit area.

Yeah, I'm close to Milford so WB is a stretch. I doubt I will be going to the support group. I didn't even physically go to the seminar. I just watched the online version. I was so worried about the 6 month diet requirement because all the nutritionists they recommended are close to them. I was thrilled to find one willing to work with me 5 miles away (and can I tell you that finding anything less than 30 miles away is a freaking miracle LOL). Still looking for a psych, but I'm just starting so there's time!

We could probably start a NEPA group or thread in the local section of VST, right?

Born and raised in Farrell PA!!! "Steelers Fan for Life" I live in Baton Rouge now. Ya'll making me homesick. #Lovemypapeople