Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Bay Area California Sleevers?

Really? What is your BMI?

It was 37 or 38. She sed i wud have had to weigh 243 in order for her to refer me. I was not bout to gain in order to get referred bc it still wud have taken bout 7 months or so to go thru their comprehensive preop program.

It was 37 or 38. She sed i wud have had to weigh 243 in order for her to refer me. I was not bout to gain in order to get referred bc it still wud have taken bout 7 months or so to go thru their comprehensive preop program.

Yeah I wasn't happy about their long process either. My husband and I just figured out a way to finance the surgery and went for it. I swear my surgery happened like, 3 weeks after my first phone call to them. But I was able to get squeezed in to a cancellation spot. I think it was all meant to happen like this. :)

Yeah I wasn't happy about their long process either. My husband and I just figured out a way to finance the surgery and went for it. I swear my surgery happened like' date=' 3 weeks after my first phone call to them. But I was able to get squeezed in to a cancellation spot. I think it was all meant to happen like this. :)[/quote']

Congratulations:) !!!!!

I'm having my surgery at South San Fran Kaiser on August 27th..... It took a total of five months from the "About" class to the day of my surgery but I don't really feel that it's been too long. It's been a very informative process. And I've learned a huge lesson in being patient!

I'm having my surgery at South San Fran Kaiser on August 27th..... It took a total of five months from the "About" class to the day of my surgery but I don't really feel that it's been too long. It's been a very informative process. And I've learned a huge lesson in being patient!

I'm excited for you! I would've gone through kaiser but they wouldn't cover the surgery. Although I'll be paying for it for 5 years, I'm pretty sure it'll all be worth it.

I met with Dr. Le today for my pre-op appt. I made it to my pre-surgery goal weight....even under by two pounds! I signed my waiver, did bloodwork and attended the pre-op surgery class. It's feeling really, real now!

I met with Dr. Le today for my pre-op appt. I made it to my pre-surgery goal weight....even under by two pounds! I signed my waiver, did bloodwork and attended the pre-op surgery class. It's feeling really, real now!

There is a pre-op surgery class? I see Dr. Le tomorrow. I am a little nervous, this will be my second visit with him. The first visit he sent me to get an EKG and start on the CPAP machine and lose 10 lbs. I got the EKG done, started the CPAP machine but I haven't gotten my own machine I wonder if that will set me back, then in my bathroom scale I have lost 11 lbs. but I think it's off like 4 lbs from the dr.'s scale. I still have today and tomorrow to work out and maybe lose another 2lbs.

When is your surgery date?

There is a pre-op surgery class? I see Dr. Le tomorrow. I am a little nervous, this will be my second visit with him. The first visit he sent me to get an EKG and start on the CPAP machine and lose 10 lbs. I got the EKG done, started the CPAP machine but I haven't gotten my own machine I wonder if that will set me back, then in my bathroom scale I have lost 11 lbs. but I think it's off like 4 lbs from the dr.'s scale. I still have today and tomorrow to work out and maybe lose another 2lbs.

Hello scaredoftheunkmown. Yes, Kaiser requires us to complete a two hour pre-op course so we are fully prepared for surgery day. They go over how to prepare the night before, what to bring to hospital, what to expect before and after surgery and what to do when you get home. The NUT came in and re-iterated post-operative diet...(since most attended the original class months ago!) It was very comprehensive.

When you say you "started CPAP machine but haven't gotten your own"?....I'm not sure I fully understand. It doesn't matter if you own the machine or not.....it only matters whether you have been using a machine every night for a minimum of two months. I would suggest you DO NOT "stretch the truth" with the Dr. on this... because having surgery with "untreated" sleep apnea is a very dangerous risk to take.

Just stay focused and I KNOW you can lose those two more pounds! It was nerve-wracking for me to lose those 20 pounds but I made it!...22 lbs. I couldn't be more excited. My surgery is August 27th....I won't know what time until the 24th.

Keep on keepin on! It will all be worth it in the end.

I'm excited for you! I would've gone through kaiser but they wouldn't cover the surgery. Although I'll be paying for it for 5 years, I'm pretty sure it'll all be worth it.

You can't put a price on a longer, active, healthier life....just keep looking at it that way when you make those monthly payments! Best wishes to you. :-)

You can't put a price on a longer' date=' active, healthier life....just keep looking at it that way when you make those monthly payments! Best wishes to you. :-)[/quote']

True that! I didn't even think twice about it.

Hello scaredoftheunkmown. Yes, Kaiser requires us to complete a two hour pre-op course so we are fully prepared for surgery day. They go over how to prepare the night before, what to bring to hospital, what to expect before and after surgery and what to do when you get home. The NUT came in and re-iterated post-operative diet...(since most attended the original class months ago!) It was very comprehensive.

When you say you "started CPAP machine but haven't gotten your own"?....I'm not sure I fully understand. It doesn't matter if you own the machine or not.....it only matters whether you have been using a machine every night for a minimum of two months. I would suggest you DO NOT "stretch the truth" with the Dr. on this... because having surgery with "untreated" sleep apnea is a very dangerous risk to take.

Just stay focused and I KNOW you can lose those two more pounds! It was nerve-wracking for me to lose those 20 pounds but I made it!...22 lbs. I couldn't be more excited. My surgery is August 27th....I won't know what time until the 24th.

Keep on keepin on! It will all be worth it in the end.

Can't imagine how stressful losing the 20 lbs. could be. If 10 is hard.

What I meant was that I had the cpap machine that they lend out for a week at Kaiser. I went back and they download the chip to see how I did during the trail period. It came back that I did really good. Then they ordered one for me and they said it would take 10 days before I got it in the mail. I got a call yesterday (10 days after initial appointment with sleep dr.) that they would ship it and I should get it sometime next week.

I am hoping that they see that I was compliant and they schedule my surgery. I really hope I don't have to wait another 2 months. But I know Dr. Le is very strict. At least what I've read.

Good luck with your surgery.

I got my date for surgery today with Dr. Le. I picked Sept. 13th. He had an opening on the 27th of August but I decided I had to finish up some stuff at work.

How did it go Scaredoftheunknown?

I got my date for surgery today with Dr. Le. I picked Sept. 13th. He had an opening on the 27th of August but I decided I had to finish up some stuff at work.

So sorry scaredoftheunknown. I sent my previous post before reading this one. Congratulations on getting your date!!! We could have been sleeved on the same day, however I'm glad you thought it through instead of stressing yourself out.

So sorry scaredoftheunknown. I sent my previous post before reading this one. Congratulations on getting your date!!! We could have been sleeved on the same day, however I'm glad you thought it through instead of stressing yourself out.

Thanks CNTWT2BMINIME. Yes I teach cake decorating so I could just leave my students hanging.

I would have stressed out so much. But this way I can have them finish out the class and start a new one then give them 1 to 2 weeks off. Dr. said that since I work 2 hours and I could sit I might be able to go back after 1 week. But I'm not going to push it. I wanna take my time healing the right way.