Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Bay Area California Sleevers?

Palo Alto/South Bay sleever here.

Almost 11 weeks out.

I was a self-pay so can't help you on insurance questions.... But have had a pretty good experience so far and would be glad to chat about anything.

OR... Even get a small hike going for us Bay Area Sleevers- maybe a Sunday late morning open space hike? Rancho San Antonio, walk the bike trail along the ocean in Pacifica or do MT. Diablo?

Interested?

I'm new to forum' date=' surgery scheduled for June 27Th in South San Francisco!![/quote']

Did we meet at pre op class? It's Tanya. Welcome. Day 3 post op here.

Hi I'm going thru the process myself. I'm going thru Kaiser S.S.F. I see the surgeon on July 16th. I've seen the phych. and all went well.

Question for those of you who had the surgery in S.S.F. who was your doctor? How long were you in the hospital?

Newbie, the best of luck to you.... We can stay in touch if you'd like.

Palo Alto/South Bay sleever here.

Almost 11 weeks out.

I was a self-pay so can't help you on insurance questions.... But have had a pretty good experience so far and would be glad to chat about anything.

OR... Even get a small hike going for us Bay Area Sleevers- maybe a Sunday late morning open space hike? Rancho San Antonio, walk the bike trail along the ocean in Pacifica or do MT. Diablo?

Interested?

I'm interested, though I don't know any of these places terrain-wise. I have bad knees and ankles, so I'm not able to do a LOT of climbing. But I do hike in the Big Basin Redwoods from time to time. :)

Hi I'm going thru the process myself. I'm going thru Kaiser S.S.F. I see the surgeon on July 16th. I've seen the phych. and all went well.

Question for those of you who had the surgery in S.S.F. who was your doctor? How long were you in the hospital?

Newbie' date=' the best of luck to you.... We can stay in touch if you'd like.[/quote']

I had Dr David Le. He's great. When you show that you are making an effort, being honest with him and doing your research before you ask him questions I think he respects you a little more. Sleeved on Thursday. Dr Li is out now becuase he injured his hand. Dr Le has been doing his patients and Dr Li's if they choose to. Ask any questions :)

Thank you. I have Dr. David Le as well. I've heard good thing about the S.S.F. facility.

How long after you had your appointment with him did you have surgery?

Thanks for your reply.

I had my appt initial appt with him in January. He told me to loose 25 pounds then I didn't get that weight off till May. Second appt with him on June 8th and he booked surgery for June 21! It went really quick once I decided I really wanted this procedure.

The nurse practitioner suggested I lose 10 lbs. as where the nurses giving the orientation and the nurse weighing me in at the beginning of the classes told me I should be fine because of the way I carry my fat. So I am going to try to lose the 10 lbs. before I see Dr. Le on the 16th.

Did you have to do the liquid diet?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions. I have a friend who has had the procedure but she did it to lose weight and is not diabetic, and second of all she is not being supportive of my decision. Well that's to bad for her...

I'm just starting the process too. I am going to the class on July 13 in Fremont Kaiser.

I'd love to meet people around the area who have had the surgery or are looking to get it!

The nurse practitioner suggested I lose 10 lbs. as where the nurses giving the orientation and the nurse weighing me in at the beginning of the classes told me I should be fine because of the way I carry my fat. So I am going to try to lose the 10 lbs. before I see Dr. Le on the 16th.

Did you have to do the liquid diet?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions. I have a friend who has had the procedure but she did it to lose weight and is not diabetic' date=' and second of all she is not being supportive of my decision. Well that's to bad for her...[/quote']

Good idea about the 10 lbs. It's up to him on the 16th. He may book you Right after. No liquid diet. You now have your binder that has all the info. Pre Op diet is not liquid. Clear liquid in hospital , full liquids when you get home, mushies after your 2 week follow up. Post op eating a few more weeks after that.

Good idea about the 10 lbs. It's up to him on the 16th. He may book you Right after. No liquid diet. You now have your binder that has all the info. Pre Op diet is not liquid. Clear liquid in hospital , full liquids when you get home, mushies after your 2 week follow up. Post op eating a few more weeks after that.

Thank you so much for all of your replies. It's so helpful. Thanks.

I'm just starting the process too. I am going to the class on July 13 in Fremont Kaiser.

I'd love to meet people around the area who have had the surgery or are looking to get it!

I'm a bay area gal, living in Tracy, going thru Kaiser Fremont with Dr. Dennen! I'm a little farther into the process (have my psych this afternoon), but would dig a buddy :)

My appt with dr le included strict instructions to lose 11 pounds in 4 to 6 weeks, i did it in 3, so he scheduled my preop 6/19 and my surgery 6/28. I stayed overnight and have been recouping easily at home. Most of the day id never know i had surgery, but then i eat, and i quickly realize i was sleeved. My hospital stay was ok. The nurses tried hard, but they were busy! The morphine and i are enemies,and the liquid tylenol with codeine made me nauseous. Ask for something else like liquid vicodin! When i threw up it scared me [ im a wuss when i throw up] Dr le is amazing with the scalpel and stitching. I have no scarring,no drains, no pain. At 13 days, they are essentially gone. Good luck, you wont need it.

My appt with dr le included strict instructions to lose 11 pounds in 4 to 6 weeks' date=' i did it in 3, so he scheduled my preop 6/19 and my surgery 6/28. I stayed overnight and have been recouping easily at home. Most of the day id never know i had surgery, but then i eat, and i quickly realize i was sleeved. My hospital stay was ok. The nurses tried hard, but they were busy! The morphine and i are enemies,and the liquid tylenol with codeine made me nauseous. Ask for something else like liquid vicodin! When i threw up it scared me [ im a wuss when i throw up'] Dr le is amazing with the scalpel and stitching. I have no scarring,no drains, no pain. At 13 days, they are essentially gone. Good luck, you wont need it.

Dr Le is amazing and cute and my tummy is almost healed. The stitches are less than a 1/4 in length and faded so much that I have to really look at which were the sleeve and which were the gallbladder 2 years ago.